Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Has anyone done a 30 day squat challenge?

(16 Posts)
upsiedayz Tue 20-Mar-18 18:39:39

Is it worth me getting off my arse to do it?

upsiedayz Wed 21-Mar-18 06:46:16

That's made my decision then grin

VeganCatLover Wed 21-Mar-18 07:00:39

No I'm interested though? Do we start small?

SnowiestMountain Wed 21-Mar-18 07:07:44

I did it! I'm certainly not any thinner of fitter for doing so but I was surprised how many I could do after a few days!

achangeisgonnacome Wed 21-Mar-18 07:11:36

I'll give it a go with you. When did you want to start?

user1471459936 Wed 21-Mar-18 07:18:28

I did and completely fucked my knees. My physio said never to do these challenges. I'm (usually) quite fit.

mouse26 Wed 21-Mar-18 07:41:15

I did, dp said my bum was definitely firmer and shapelier, but like a pp, my knees were knackered and I stopped 3 weeks in

BitchQueen90 Wed 21-Mar-18 07:54:19

Squat challenges are a waste of time. You need to be doing weighted squats to actually notice a difference. Doing squats without any weights won't make any difference. You shouldn't be doing squats every day either - if you're doing them properly you physically won't be able to as you'll be too sore. 2 or 3 times a week is recommended.

Look up what qualified trainers have to say about squat challenges, they all say what I've said here.

upsiedayz Wed 21-Mar-18 14:40:58

I have weights so could add those but yes, it'd be too much to do daily- the challenge starts on 50 and builds up to 250 a day. I really was looking for a fast track to get back the half-decent leg/bum muscles that I had pre DC. I would do high intensity but I don't have the room downstairs and would wake the DC up if I did it upstairs. Work full time so can only really do when kids asleep.

MrsJamin Wed 21-Mar-18 14:45:47

Its better to do squats with weights as part of a varied strength training programme. I as the DC to get on my back and you can really feel it! Ten squats with a ten Yr old on your back feels a lot more productive than loads without resistance!

ChardonnaysPrettySister Wed 21-Mar-18 14:46:31

250 a day?

No way.

Squats are one of those things that look easy but almost no one does them properly.

Look up Lotte Berk if you want a good bum, or Callanetics. It’s ancient but it works.

SluttyButty Wed 21-Mar-18 15:00:11

My dd is doing a weighted squat challenge. She came down complaining the other day after upping her squats. But she’s pleased with the results.

BitchQueen90 Wed 21-Mar-18 15:06:11

There is no fast track to getting decent leg/bum muscles - they're one of the hardest body parts to sculpt and take months. Doing hundreds of squats a day with little or no weight won't do anything apart from knackering you out. Heavy weights with lower reps and good form 2/3 times a week is the best way.

I'm not qualified but I've been weight training for 4 years and this is what I was told by PTs.

upsiedayz Wed 21-Mar-18 15:18:44

I was hoping that "muscle memory" was going to help me at least partly. Perhaps not. Thaks I'll check out those suggestions @chardonnays. I'm happy to do heavy weights 2/3 times a week but I (weirdly) find daily exercise is easier for me to stick to so that's why I thought of the challenge. I suppose I could do arms on the other days.

upsiedayz Wed 21-Mar-18 15:19:36

I'm all or nothing!

LemonBreeland Wed 21-Mar-18 15:21:05

I am doing a 30 day fitness challenge app. I am doing a butt one atm and it includes some squats but does other exercises too. I prefer that to hundreds of squats.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: