Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I’m the coldest I’ve been in years- anyone else?

(48 Posts)
Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 17:22:38

Just that really!
I do work outdoors but noticed that this year it’s the coldest in body I’ve ever felt in 12 years or so! In the cold snap I’ve worn the most layers I’ve ever had to wear..... Im hoping that others find the same or that I’m just getting old (at 42, I hope not grin)

Anyone else? I just wish this weather would bugger off!

Bombardier25966 Tue 20-Mar-18 17:25:52

Get your thyroid checked. I know mine is off when I'm constantly cold to the core.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 20-Mar-18 17:27:59

Yes, me, I feel like the months of cold have got right into my bones now. I also feel more sensitive to draughty rooms or when it’s windy outside, I feel myself getting ragey about it. The only way I have found to really feel warm is to get on the treadmill and run for a bit, that actually warms me up from inside.

Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 17:42:49

Bombadier my thyroid levels are ok - I had a blood test late summer as thought could possibly be pre-menopausal- but that’s fine too just little low on b levels and iron .
I’ve had awful chest infection past ten days but I was very cold before that too- it must just be a very cold- long winter angry

llangennith Tue 20-Mar-18 17:50:08

Me too! I usually wear short sleeves all year round and a cardigan on top on winter. This winter I’ve actually worn a tshirt underneath a jumper. I only own two jumpers (hate jumpers) and have worn them a lot during this beast from the east weather.

retainertrainer Tue 20-Mar-18 17:53:26

It has been bitterly cold recently, I’ve felt constantly chilled to the bone. Getting into a deep warm bath is heavenly!

StillMedusa Tue 20-Mar-18 17:57:03

Just defrosted in a hot bath...I'm in a new job..outside all day and I really hope it warms up soon!!! Even my thermals aren't cutting it!

Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 18:06:14

Stillmedusa- I’ve had x2 thermal tops, tights, thermal long johns too and it’s sunk to bone.
I resort to defrosting in bath too and past few weeks- intermittent days I’ve put feet on hot water bottle in evenings!!

Wornoutbear Tue 20-Mar-18 18:08:30

I've never been as cold as I have this year. At one point I had thermals, tshirt, sweatshirt, fleece, and lined trousers. Only thing that seems to help is clutching a hot water bottle!

Ollivander84 Tue 20-Mar-18 18:10:37

Try the mustard foot bath trick. Feet in warm water in a washing up bowl with a decent spoon of mustard powder. Drink a hot drink while soaking feet
Guaranteed to bring on a sweat in no time!

PeterRabbitEatingHisCarrot Tue 20-Mar-18 18:11:42

I have problems regulating my temperature and I have Raynauds so I'm cold most of the time.

Do you wear a hat and thick gloves? A lot of your body heat is lost out of your head.

TalkFastThinkSlow Tue 20-Mar-18 18:12:09

I totally get where you're coming from. Currently got the heating on high, and wearing two layers. If i were to go out, I'd be wearing 4 thin layers. Apparently, thin layers are best for keeping you warm.

ProperLavs Tue 20-Mar-18 18:14:23

yeah, I've been really cold this winter. I am a cold person anyway and live in dread of getting cold because it takes me forever to warm up. I have had huge numbers of layers on in the house and have avoided being outdoors longer than I have to.
It's been a bastard long and cold winter.

Tralalee Tue 20-Mar-18 18:14:39

I'm out in all weathers. I haven't felt cold at all except on my face. I wear really good thermals, a wool jumper and a polartec fleece. Polartec is amazing stuff. Wool hat, plastic disposable gloves under fleece gloves, wool ski socks, neoprene lined wellies. Waterproof and windproof overtrousers!

AndhowcouldIeverrefuse Tue 20-Mar-18 18:27:06

Me too OP! I am usually hot all the time and have to wear summer clothes with cardies all year round. Not this winter! I have had a chance to wear jumpers, woolly tights, gloves etc. It's a refreshing change TBH. Maybe my hormones have calmed down?

Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 18:31:39

Wow tralalee your a professional !!

PussCatTheGoldfish Tue 20-Mar-18 18:31:42

Me too OP. I work in a warehouse. It's been persistently cold for months now.

Other years there's been a glimmer of things to come. Not so much this year. We had 14 degrees last Friday. Followed by -2 the next day hmm.

For home I have an electric blanket and teddy bear fleece duvet covers. Best thing ever!

isitfridayyet1 Tue 20-Mar-18 18:31:43

Yes definitely feels like it's been winter for about 8 months!

FlyingMonkeys Tue 20-Mar-18 18:34:05

I totted up the amount I've spent on gas this winter, it seems a massive hike. Also seem cold a lot of the time... Roll on summer!

Tralalee Tue 20-Mar-18 18:34:35

Ha ha yep. I have to be outside for a few hours every day whatever the weather so I've got it down to a fine art. I hate being cold!

AnyFucker Tue 20-Mar-18 18:35:01

Get a heated jacket

This has been a long winter hasn't it ? Those easterly winds are bastards.

Tralalee Tue 20-Mar-18 18:36:15

When I finally get to sit down in the evening I have a very warm blanket and a log fire and a large whisky

Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 18:54:24

Tralalee- I work outside for 8-9 hrs a day and I am a professional at wrapping up for winters... but this winter has me beat

Gohackyourself Tue 20-Mar-18 18:55:04

Anyfucker can you buy those on amazon grin?

Tralalee Tue 20-Mar-18 19:01:56

@gohackyourself this winter is horrible. If you are ill you will feel the cold more. Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: