Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does everyone have days where they get fuck all done at work?

(14 Posts)
NickyWiresGrin Tue 20-Mar-18 17:18:09

I had one of those days. I just struggled through it and got very little done even though I have loads to do. I just couldn't focus at all.

Does everyone have days like this? I feel shite about it.

NickyWiresGrin Tue 20-Mar-18 20:10:29

Anyone?

MrsJasonIsbell Tue 20-Mar-18 20:10:59

At least once a week!

SittingAround1 Tue 20-Mar-18 20:12:47

Yes all the time. The trick is to look busy and then catch up when you have more energy.

Almostthere15 Tue 20-Mar-18 20:13:01

Everyone does. Sometimes it's exactly when you have too much to do and can't quite focus. Don't feel bad, I'm sure you'll be extra productive tomorrow!

Bananajam Tue 20-Mar-18 20:14:09

Yes, frequently! However, I also have days where I work over and above which more than makes up for the days where I sit in a fog! I'm sure you do too grin

megletthesecond Tue 20-Mar-18 20:14:53

Yes. Today I was shattered and stressed and seemed to spend all day misspelling my passwords and locking myself out of things.

BrownTurkey Tue 20-Mar-18 20:15:21

I’m worse at focusing when I know I haven’t got loads to do. Or when I get stressed I just can’t settle down. So my most productive days are when I am moderately busy but not overwhelmed!

BusySittingDown Tue 20-Mar-18 20:18:06

I’ve had one of those today!

I decided to finish (was working from home) write today off and then start afresh and power down tomorrow.

mumonashoestring Tue 20-Mar-18 20:18:13

Christ yes, salmon days - spend all day frantically fighting the current and end up in the same place you started. I've learned to force myself to do anything that HAS to be done that day, then spend the rest of the day clearing out my inbox or something similar.

koalab Tue 20-Mar-18 20:20:52

Every day has been like this for me since going back after maternity leave. I just can't find the energy to care about it enough at the moment.

notacooldad Tue 20-Mar-18 20:23:00

Yes , I do for various reasons
I may have planned ( in my head) that I am going to have an office day and get all my reports up to date but then a family in crisis phones up and I have to deal with that,
It could be that I am almost up to date with my work and the rest of the team are in and out if the office so e don't get much done.
My families that I work with may cancel but there's no computers as the other staff have them. These days I just go home and make my hours up somewhere else.

NickyWiresGrin Tue 20-Mar-18 21:02:46

I'm glad to hear it's not just me! I've only been in this job for 2 months and it's being piled on but with no help and direction. I've not had a catch up of supervision since I started and today I just felt so overwhelmed by it all I did nothing but some of my online training.

NoWordForFluffy Tue 20-Mar-18 21:04:42

I sometimes feel like I'm going backwards. I actually had a reasonably productive day today. First in at least a month, however. No doubt it'll be back to normal tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: