Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Films you love but every else hated

(185 Posts)
mailfuckoff Tue 20-Mar-18 14:46:55

I love Superman returns but the box office hated it. IMHO it's much better then the gritty superman reboots.
I love the boat that rocked but it seems its been forgotten about.
What do you love and why should I watch it?

MrsJayy Tue 20-Mar-18 14:49:03

Ghost rider with Nick Cage i loved it everybody hates it

TheQueenOfWands Tue 20-Mar-18 14:51:10

The Human Centipede.

I thought it was just a silly spoof horror movie and had a good giggle. Seen it a few times now. Still funny.

TheQueenOfWands Tue 20-Mar-18 14:51:48

The Hoist That Rocked is one of my favourite films, BTW.

TheQueenOfWands Tue 20-Mar-18 14:52:03

Boat, not Hoist.

mailfuckoff Tue 20-Mar-18 14:54:18

I loved ghost rider too. Not going to see the human centipede as I hate horror gore movies.

UnimaginativeUsername Tue 20-Mar-18 14:56:46

Van helsing.

TonicAndTonic Tue 20-Mar-18 17:32:58

The Man In The Iron Mask - the one with Leonardo DiCaprio blush

RunMummyRun68 Tue 20-Mar-18 17:33:46

All the 50 shades films blush

TomRavenscroft Tue 20-Mar-18 17:35:21

Tonic, I like that too!

I love A Knight's Tale. I don't think people hate it per se, but I do think a lot of people think it's just light and silly. It IS, but it's also very clever and very sweet, and the ensemble acting is wonderful.

Also Synecdoche New York. Everyone else who's seen it pronounced themselves baffled, but I thought that, on its own terms, it made a great deal of sense!

SpringHen Tue 20-Mar-18 17:36:57

Girl on the train.
Hated the book but thought the film was pretty good. Think I am the onlu one

fruityb Tue 20-Mar-18 17:40:26

I love The man in the Iron Mask! I also love Ghost Rider.

I love the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy film I think it’s genius.

I wouldn’t say I love The Human Centipede but I too found it stupid.

Hillbillyhotel Tue 20-Mar-18 17:44:46

Napoleon Dynamite. I forced my sister to watch it because I knew how funny she would find it...she said she didn’t think she understood it and looked at me like confused

Djnoun Tue 20-Mar-18 17:49:39

I love Titanic with a passion. I must have seen it ten times.

I even count particularly onerous tasks in Titanic time. Three hours equals one Titanic. And if I'm especially bored, like in a waiting room or staring at the ceiling during bad sex that I want to be polite about, I'll say to myself, right, let's remember the whole plot to Titanic to pass the time.

joystir59 Tue 20-Mar-18 17:50:30

The Twilight Saga

joystir59 Tue 20-Mar-18 17:52:01

SpringHen
Girl on a train was such a good book and such a dreadful film. Did you read the book?

SpringHen Tue 20-Mar-18 18:03:06

SpringHen
Girl on a train was such a good book and such a dreadful film. Did you read the book?
Did you read my post hmm
The point of this thread is that some people like things that others dont you know...

Namechangetempissue Tue 20-Mar-18 18:05:31

Far and Away. Ok, I know it's dreadful. The "Irish" accents, Tom Cruise...but I just love it.

tortelliniforever Tue 20-Mar-18 18:07:23

I liked the Blair Witch Project whereas most people seemed to think it was pretty unscary and unenjoyable.

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Tue 20-Mar-18 18:09:16

It Follows. I thought it was genius. Everyone i know who has seen it hates it.

ALemonyPea Tue 20-Mar-18 18:10:57

Blades of glory. Always good for a laugh.

boopsy Tue 20-Mar-18 18:11:17

Yep loved Far and Away and The Man in The Iron Mask! Me and my sister used to love that cartoon/live action film with Brad Pitt called Cool World, we used to watch that and Earth Girls Are Easy all the time!!

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Tue 20-Mar-18 18:12:06

Namechange they filmed that partly in my mums village. Considering it was a lukewarm "hit" from the early 90's it draws tourists in regularly.

PlausibleSuit Tue 20-Mar-18 18:12:38

This is an old one... but Switching Channels. It's an 80s screwball comedy -- wait, come back! -- set in a TV news room, starring Kathleen Turner, Burt Reynolds and Christopher Reeve. The plot is an indecipherable, nonsensical update of a 20s play and the reviewers at the time loathed it. It is, by any objective standard, terrible -- although KT is magnetic as always, with peerless comic timing -- but I love it. It's my go-to cheer-up movie when I'm ill or grumpy.

TossDaily Tue 20-Mar-18 18:13:04

Shakespeare in Love. Right up my street, funny script and Joseph Fiennes is gorgeous.

Hotel Chihuahua, to my eternal shame blush

Frida, about the life of Frida Kahlo. It got pretty poor reviews, iirc, but I love it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: