Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

My friend killed her ex's Sea Monkeys.

(299 Posts)
smallpatrol Tue 20-Mar-18 00:07:17

So this girl on our street has split from her boyfriend over the weekend. I went over to hers for a coffee today to see how she was. She said he had collected most of his stuff, etc. One of the things she said he left behind was his sea monkeys. She brought them in the kitchen to show me them in their tank as I'd never seen them before. Sea monkeys are basically like little shrimps. There were quite a few of them in the tank swimming around happily. She said she always hated them. She then walked off with the tank whilst I was in the kitchen. I heard her doing something in the downstairs loo. She then came back in the kitchen to the cupboard under the sink and grabbed a bottle of bleach. I asked what she was doing and she said getting rid of the sea monkeys. She had chucked them down the toilet and she then went back in the downstairs loo and bleached the toilet with the poor sea monkeys still in the toilet. I felt sick. They might only be sea monkeys but they didn't deserve that. How can people be so cruel? I'm still thinking about it now before bed.

Cavender Tue 20-Mar-18 00:09:00

I think I’d find it very difficult to be friends with someone who did that. sad

CatHelp Tue 20-Mar-18 00:09:29

Sea monkeys are purchased in toys stores, people treat then shitty.

then again i feed brine shrimp to my fish sooooo....

LittleLeaseQuery Tue 20-Mar-18 00:10:09

Surely you mean EX friend.

What a bitch. I’d never speak to her again and I wouldn’t be short in telling people why.

NoqontroI Tue 20-Mar-18 00:10:50

She sounds like an appalling individual and I wouldn't have anything more to do with her.

FissionChips Tue 20-Mar-18 00:12:38

I kill flies and wasps, couldn’t get worked up about sea monkeys, seem pretty much on the same level of life.

Thelampshadelady Tue 20-Mar-18 00:13:37

Sea monkeys are purchased in toys stores, people treat then shitty

Oh ok, that makes it ok then hmm

smallpatrol Tue 20-Mar-18 00:14:24

She is more someone who i speak to at the school gates than a friend. Yeah they are only little creatures but they don't deserve that.

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Tue 20-Mar-18 00:48:39

I"ve never even heard of sea monkeys. That's a bloody horrifying thing to do to any living thing though.

Snowman1235 Tue 20-Mar-18 02:11:43

Agree with Littlelease above

BettyBaggins Tue 20-Mar-18 02:42:32

Dumped an ex for mowing ... caterpillars. Murderer!

PastaOfMuppets Tue 20-Mar-18 02:50:40

That's nasty and I couldn't be able to look her in the eyes after that.

I once shared a house with a (now ex) friend, ended on bad terms when I came home one day to find her in the process of moving out without even a word. I just sort of watched on in shock ... but then after she had gone and I went inside I saw she had tipped my fish out of their tank into the kitchen sink and poured boiling water on them. The sink was still hot when I found them and they were most definitely very dead. People do horrible things sometimes.

YeahILoveSummer Tue 20-Mar-18 03:00:49

Not a nice thing to do. I would avoid her shock

smallpatrol Tue 20-Mar-18 06:58:08

I haven't told anyone but my bf. He just said stay out of it and forget about it.

@Pasta, that's a horrid thing to do to fish sad

PatchworkElmer Tue 20-Mar-18 07:05:20

This is disgusting. They’re living things and she took her anger out on them.

My ex boss took much pride in telling us that he flushed an entire tank full of tropical fish down the toilet because he CBA to transport them when he moved house. Tosser.

flumpybear Tue 20-Mar-18 07:07:12

Hideous woman

afreshnewname Tue 20-Mar-18 07:12:31

Are you both 12? I didn't realise adults had sea monkeys hmm Also she reacted in a very childish way

DisabledUserName Tue 20-Mar-18 07:14:42

What a sick and disgusting individual to bleach little creatures to death to make a point to her ex.
sad

PoorYorick Tue 20-Mar-18 07:22:08

No respect for life gets no respect from me.

Shen0102 Tue 20-Mar-18 07:30:58

what a Dick move !!

demirose87 Tue 20-Mar-18 07:31:00

She shouldn't have done it but they are microscopic creatures. It's not the same as killing an animal.

caperberries Tue 20-Mar-18 07:32:19

Wow, who knew SeaMonkeys were still a thing! I remember seeing them advertised in the back of comic books in the early 80s.

Foggymist Tue 20-Mar-18 07:41:43

My mum killed my sea monkeys blush I won them at a party in college, I really didn't think they'd live for long but they absolutely thrived, they thrived a bit too much for the tiny tank they came in. It became pretty gross looking but this was just before the days of googling everything and the instructions just said leave them untouched in the tank, other than feeding them. Couldn't figure out a way to transport them with me to college without spilling them, left them in mum's house where I had started them, she threw them down the sink because the tank was just so gross. It was, but still, they were pretty big by then sad

childmindingmumof3 Tue 20-Mar-18 07:44:27

I viciously murder head lice all the time.

Yogurtisnotpudding Tue 20-Mar-18 07:45:14

Yh she wouldn't be a friend of mine anymore. Whilst I agree that sea monkeys are often tiny tiny little shrimpy things, they're still a living thing that she callously killed. And I wouldn't be surprised if she would do the same to another animal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: