Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Please make me throw the cuffing notebooks OUT

(18 Posts)
JanettheNotebookJunkie Mon 19-Mar-18 11:33:08

My name is Janet not really and I am a notebook junkie <-- true

I've got dozens of the little fuckers and they need to GO as they are adding to the immense clutter in my cluttered life.

I feel so guilty putting them in the recycling. Please make me do it as I don't use them and, even if I did, I don't have enough years left (even if I live to be 100) to fill them.

I promise never to enter Paperchase again. Well, maybe in the sale - no, I promise - never again!

TheFifthKey Mon 19-Mar-18 11:34:49

Tear unused pages out and give them to a school/nursery? Great for use in play post office/travel agents/etc areas and you won’t feel they’ve been wasted then.

TheFifthKey Mon 19-Mar-18 11:35:17

I meant tear used pages out, obviously.

fannyfelcher Mon 19-Mar-18 11:37:44

Send them to me! I am a total notebook nerd, My sister and I have a competition going on who can buy the most ornate ( and therefore unusable) notebook and I am currently winning! I bought her onw ith gold edging on the pages and embossed butterflies. I also bought her a second quality "im a cock hungry whore" from a gift shop and she can use that as its graded :D

I own about 30 odd notebooks. some are teeny tiny, some are A3

lucysmam Mon 19-Mar-18 11:44:50

Have you stolen my shelf unit Janet!?

I have lots of notebooks lined up - some for list making/tearing pages out of/starting again. Some are too pretty for that and are used for 'special' lists like birthdays and Christmas. Others very mundane for keeping track of debt payments so I can see the totals going down.

There are big ones, small ones, childish ones (current shopping list pad is emoji's grin ), sensible ones (not that I go anywhere to use those very often!).

One in particular is looked at and admired, but never used. It's handmade with a pretty purple cover & I just can't bring myself to do it!

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 19-Mar-18 11:48:00

If any are unused either sell on ebay if branded or give to charity if no resale value.

After years of experimenting with poncy notebooks, I've decided that my go to perfect notebook is a spiral bound B6 one that costs £4 from muji. Can't use anything else now so gave about half a dozen different ones away including a couple of moleskine ones.

JanettheNotebookJunkie Mon 19-Mar-18 11:52:27

Would a nursery actually want them? Do I just rock up and hand them over?

Thebookswereherfriends Mon 19-Mar-18 11:59:11

Nurseries and preschools love them.! Please don't just chuck them in the recycling.

Forgottencoffee Mon 19-Mar-18 11:59:30

I also have difficulty throwing notebooks out. Some of them are just.too.pretty. I don't even write anything in them, my line of work doesn't even really require a notebook but I have 5 in my drawer blush

PepperSteaks Mon 19-Mar-18 12:54:18

I have endless notebooks. I always seem to get them as presents but I don’t tend to use them very often.

Kerantli Mon 19-Mar-18 12:59:24

I'm a notebook addict.

Around my computer there are no less than 5 notebooks. I also have more upstairs in a box, more are in a set of fabric drawers on top of our chest of drawers, and some are on a set of shelves.

I probably have almost 100 blush

Nuffaluff Mon 19-Mar-18 13:00:00

Why not use them for list making? Every day I make a new list of things I want to get done, then when I’ve done it I cross it off.
I include things that I want to do for fun, like ‘paint nails’ or ‘write’ as well as tasks.
Since I started doing it I feel so much more productive and happier. I know I probably sound a bit too full on, but I do have a ‘type A’ personality.

Nuffaluff Mon 19-Mar-18 13:01:16

Or you could give them to a charity shop. They’d make loads of money out of them.

Xmasbaby11 Mon 19-Mar-18 13:05:24

I have loads too. Currently at least 7 in use. I probably have at least 20 unused. I do find a use for them all eventually.

My latest weakness is post it notes. I have 5 packs on the go at home, and 3 at work.

CanadianJohn Mon 19-Mar-18 13:06:02

Cuffing? Cuffing?? If you are not a serving police officer, I suppose you must be keeping records of your bondage sessions.

Don't throw the notebooks out, but do keep them private. Your clients will be grateful.

KanyeWesticle Mon 19-Mar-18 14:10:05

Charity shop them and enable another addict smile

Nuffaluff Mon 19-Mar-18 15:56:40

Yeah OP, let us know which one.

Peopleplease Mon 19-Mar-18 17:01:14

I have an amazing A4 size notebook with incredible thick paper. It cost €75 but I got it on sale for €10. I have no idea what to use it for

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: