Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ant McPartlin arrested for drink driving

(526 Posts)
NoMindsEye Sun 18-Mar-18 22:26:31

A three year old is injured sad I hope she recovers quickly, and I hope this is a real wake up call for Ant. Alcoholism is such an awful disease.

calzone Sun 18-Mar-18 22:27:30

I’m gutted for everyone involved in this......😫😫😫

TempusFugitive Sun 18-Mar-18 22:28:11

Omg. i hope 3 year old girl is ok.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Sun 18-Mar-18 22:30:11

On Twitter there's A LOT of "Poor Ant". I do wonder if a woman had drunk drive and crashed into a 3yo they'd say "poor love" 🤔

Redglitter Sun 18-Mar-18 22:31:35

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who drinks and drives. Hope the child is ok

McTufty Sun 18-Mar-18 22:31:58

Oh Ant, not cool. I know he has his troubles and I wish him the best but drink driving is never ok.

MsMalcontent Sun 18-Mar-18 22:32:01

I do feel sorry for him though, he is obviously battling his demons.
No reflection on the accident, the poor people involved. Just glad no one was injured.

Cantthinkofabloodyname Sun 18-Mar-18 22:32:07

I have no sympathy for anyone who drinks & drives. I have had to deal with my own alcoholism in the past but I would never drink & drive.

bullyingadvice2017 Sun 18-Mar-18 22:32:46

He's clearly been off his head on prime time tv for weeks.
Surely that should have been put a stop too. His poor wife.

Redglitter Sun 18-Mar-18 22:33:11

Just glad no one was injured

A 3 year old is in hospital as a result

feral Sun 18-Mar-18 22:33:28

Anyone who is saying 'poor Ant' better hope it's not their kid he drives into next.

There is NO excuse from drink driving.

I hope the child is okay.

Couldn't give a shot if Ant is. Hope he goes down for it.

Graphista Sun 18-Mar-18 22:34:15

Knob! No sympathy for drink drivers AND his mother was in the car with him - why wasn't she driving? Or stop him from driving? He can CERTAINLY afford taxis (could afford a bloody chauffeur!).

Hope the family he hit are ok and recover quickly.

Hope he's NOT let off lightly at court

WhatToDoAboutWailmerGoneRogue Sun 18-Mar-18 22:34:24

His poor wife.

bullyingadvice2017 They’ve split up; have been for a while now.

gaggiagirl Sun 18-Mar-18 22:34:31

The public have a lot of warmth towards AP. I'll be surprised if he bounces back from this as fast though.

Hope the little girl recovers soon poor thing. I hope justice is served appropriately.

McTufty Sun 18-Mar-18 22:34:37

Although to be fair, he’s been arrested - not been convicted yet and there may be ongoing proceedings so maybe we need to be careful or the thread will be zapped.

Beenaround Sun 18-Mar-18 22:34:44

I’ve thought he seemed a bit manic, or frantic on TV, such a shame for him.
But agree, drink driving no matter how you nice you are makes you a massive twat. It’s not like he can’t afford the taxi fare.confused
I suppose alcoholics just don’t think of the consequences or convince themselves they are fine?

Cowsopinion Sun 18-Mar-18 22:36:33

Loads of "poor Ant" on Twitter.

No mention on the 3 year old girl he injured though, go figure.

If it was any normal member of the public he would be condemned and rightly so.

sinceyouask Sun 18-Mar-18 22:36:35

What a loser. No judgement of his illness but total contempt for making the choice to drive drunk. Call a bloody taxi or friend, stay in a hotel, do anything other than put people at risk like that.

LanguidLobster Sun 18-Mar-18 22:36:46

He's a complete idiot for drink driving. Lucky it wasn't worse.

I do feel sorry for his private battle but getting behind a wheel intoxicated is another matter.

Trumpdump Sun 18-Mar-18 22:36:55

Is he he one that got divorced recently? Or the other one?

Ginger1982 Sun 18-Mar-18 22:37:02

Absolutely no sympathy. The man has fame, money, always comes across as genuinely nice and yet clearly thinks he's above the law. What a dickhead.

ManicUnicorn Sun 18-Mar-18 22:37:06

Yeah, he's seemed wired and hyper every week on SNT. So much for beating his demons.

Timefortea99 Sun 18-Mar-18 22:37:17

He has not looked well for months. Seems like the little girl is okay, thank God. He was driving his mum (and dogs). He is still in police custody after failing road side breath test. Not too happy to be arrested by all accounts, didn’t want to get in police car. I feel really sad about him and Dec. His demons have definitely not been conquered. Drink driving is just not acceptable somit will be interesting to see what ITV will do about Saturday Night Takeaway. Sky suspended Carragher for spitting so he must at least face suspension.

HarryStylesismycrack Sun 18-Mar-18 22:38:27

I guess until the full information comes out we don’t know what happened. Not that it makes it any more excuseable but it may have been he was over the limit from the night before and not realised. Not excusing him. I hope the little girl is ok and that this gives him the massive wake up cal he clearly needs.

SnibbleAgain Sun 18-Mar-18 22:38:33

Addiction is awful.

He can afford cabs.

No excuse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: