Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

"Inspirational" Facebook Statuses

(5 Posts)
treedragon Sun 18-Mar-18 21:53:11

Does anyone else here cringe at "Inspirational" Facebook statuses updated by "friends". The one's I mean always seem to patronise the reader by telling them to start "living life" "you only live once" or in so many words "quit your job, sell your house and buy a one way ticket round the world".

The one's that irk me most come from friends or more acquaintences that seem to be on permanent holiday "travelling". Often months at a time to far flung places like Thailand and Nepal. None of them seem to have jobs in the UK so it is a mystery how all this "inspirational" life is being afforded and sustained. I mean the hotel bill for 6 months in Thailand followed by 6 months in Australia must be phenomenal.

MrsJayy Sun 18-Mar-18 21:58:28

I don't have friends that travel like that I wonder if it is a midlife crisis thinking they need to find themselves. I USED TO have a facebook friend whos favourite film was Eat Pray Love and she loved an inspirational quote <sigh>

treedragon Sun 18-Mar-18 22:00:33

The midlife crisis must be starting early then. Some of these people are late 20s and up to mid 30s.

I suspect they will all be moaning when the party is over and they come back and have no house to call their own.

tectonicplates Sun 18-Mar-18 22:21:42

Fight back with Inspirobot!

inspirobot.me

MrsJayy Sun 18-Mar-18 22:26:22

Think yourself lucky the quotes are only facebook when we bought this house there was inspirational quotes in all the bedrooms 1 had full verse of Christina Agrallela (sp?) Beautiful In glittery writting

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: