Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does anyone ever win anything on Facebook?

(44 Posts)
Stillmonday Sun 18-Mar-18 21:31:37

I used to love Facebook, catching up on old friends lives, photos and witty comments, however for the last few weeks all I see in my news feed is people 'shar

Stillmonday Sun 18-Mar-18 21:32:33

.. ooops posted too soon

.. sharing pages I an attempt to win something.

It's becim

Stillmonday Sun 18-Mar-18 21:33:48

.. butter fingers!!!

3rd time lucky!

Anyway, does anyone ever win anything in these Facebook competition posts? It's all I ever see now!

Flambola Sun 18-Mar-18 21:36:41

My DH's Auntie win a new carpet for any room in her flat. I thought they were a scam too.

Flambola Sun 18-Mar-18 21:37:06

Won*

rainbowfudgee Sun 18-Mar-18 21:37:10

No but I did share something today. I've only done it twice though. It gets a bit boring for other people to look at.

Maryann1975 Sun 18-Mar-18 21:37:48

I won something once, but never received the prize... the owner of the business got in touch, found out I wasn’t local to her and then I never heard from her again. Never won anything and actually received the prize.

MrsHathaway Sun 18-Mar-18 21:39:25

In the summer holidays I won a day out at a local attraction.

The big prizes (e.g. "we can't sell this campervan because it's ex-display" or "fortnight for a family of four AI to Disnyworld" [sic]) are usually scams but little prizes are real I think, where people genuinely need the exposure.

FB T&C and local laws apply so many competitions are inadvertently illegal and get shut down before they're drawn.

legofansmum Sun 18-Mar-18 21:40:23

I won a set of Yankee candles last week in a Mother's Day competition. I love Yankee but decided to make up an Easter hamper and include them and donate it to a Sue Ryder charity shop to raffle off.
My dad died two days before Christmas in our local Sue Ryder hospice and they were incredible.

PatchworkElmer Sun 18-Mar-18 21:40:37

My friend won an afternoon tea, but they enter EVERYTHING. I enter maybe once a fortnight- usually things I know are likely to be genuine (competitions from our local play centre, my gym, etc)- and I haven’t won yet.

LBOCS2 Sun 18-Mar-18 21:40:48

I won a pack of signed books from one of my favourite authors recently. It was a 'comment on this thread' competition.

Notinmybackyard Sun 18-Mar-18 21:40:50

I won 2 prizes last year. A return ferry crossing to the Isles of Scilly and 2 VIP tickets to the Henley Festival, including champagne, wine and pizzas. I was probably just lucky but I’m the proof that it does happen.

Decasanova Sun 18-Mar-18 21:41:15

I've won yarn, beauty products, jewellery and photos of my pets have won pet prizes!

The ultimate Facebook prize however is Poundstretchers regular prize of win a years supply of bog roll! Who determines how much is a years supply, I can't help but wonder!

loveisevol Sun 18-Mar-18 21:41:15

I've won hd brows and a meal for two at Nando's. Not too shoddy!

joangray38 Sun 18-Mar-18 21:42:14

Yes I have but watch out for the scan ones. I also have a blog so do small competitions from both my blog and fb page (not a scam) I always send out the prizes!

Avasarala Sun 18-Mar-18 21:43:02

I've given away 7 pieces of jewellery from my page. I do like, high end pieces but also everyday wear and the Facebook page is mostly everyday wear.
When I send out a free prize, I get a good review or a good quite to use so ita worth it. I don't understand why people run the competition but don't send the prize - gives you a bad rep!

dancingthroughthedark Sun 18-Mar-18 21:43:29

I have won quite a few things, a couple of bouquets, a bespoke outfit for my grand daughter, £100 of M and S vouchers, afternoon tea at a local attraction and event tickets.

PivotPivotPIVOTTT Sun 18-Mar-18 21:45:42

I've won a pair of Lelli Kelly shoes, a meal for 2, Ewan Dream sheep and £40 worth of butchers meatgrin. I've also won £120 voucher on a bonus ball and came so close to winning a weekend caravan break bonus ball when my number came up just before the sheet was completesad

Catmint Sun 18-Mar-18 21:47:22

Ive recently won an MOT!

EduCated Sun 18-Mar-18 21:47:59

Agree that most of the ‘big’ ones are scams, especially the ‘we’ve got 7 campervans/brand new iPhones/Gucci bags we can’t sell’. It always amazes me when otherwise sensible friends and families share them.

I have won some smaller stuff - a signed book, an afternoon tea at a local cafe, and a meal at a local chain pub.

Mindhunter Sun 18-Mar-18 21:54:43

I won a goody bag from a motorbike shop it contained a sticker and biro

Ginger1982 Sun 18-Mar-18 21:55:06

I won a baby cake smash photo shoot! Can't wait!

tinytemper66 Sun 18-Mar-18 21:56:35

I won a free week`s accommodation in a French gite. Was a fab week.

Strax Sun 18-Mar-18 21:57:56

Ive won tickets to a local event and a coffee machine (don't drink coffee)!

KitNCaboodle Sun 18-Mar-18 22:04:28

I’ve won a Smeg mixer, a Nespresso coffee machine, a bike from Halfords.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: