Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

National Trust Membership....would you recommend?

(83 Posts)
RunMummyRun68 Sun 18-Mar-18 20:02:42

just that really.....i quite fancy it. would prob only use it 2-3 times a month

we are Beds/Bucks border

its really only £10 a month?

BzyB Sun 18-Mar-18 20:05:47

I’m not sure of the cost but if you think of it as a charity donation, then the benefits you get ( free admission etc) are a great bonus!

Parisinspringtime Sun 18-Mar-18 20:06:33

Definitely. Had it for a few years now and use it loads.

Thebluedog Sun 18-Mar-18 20:06:46

I have it, £6 per month. Our local national trust place is £7 to park the car so I get my monies worth in that alone

specialsubject Sun 18-Mar-18 20:09:03

At that level of usage, definitely. The other advantage is that you can pop in for a short visit without feeling you need to get your moneys worth from the.entrance fee.

And it is of course a Good Thing.

RunMummyRun68 Sun 18-Mar-18 20:10:02

oh wow, car parking is expensive. definitely worth it then

mintich Sun 18-Mar-18 20:10:20

Yes!

Armi Sun 18-Mar-18 20:11:34

Totally worth it, at least for us. We live near(ish) to a fab NT place and go regularly, particularly in the summer holidays. Take a picnic and it works out as a really cheap day out. We do the same when we go away on holiday in the UK - interesting places and child-friendly.

LookImAHooman Sun 18-Mar-18 20:11:42

£5 something a month here. We don’t go loads but it still pays for itself about three times over. Definitely worth it at the rate you’re visiting!

Whatififall Sun 18-Mar-18 20:11:50

Definitely. I only pay the £6 one and find even a visit every other month justifies it. None of the ones closest to me are less than £12 entry for an adult.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 18-Mar-18 20:12:26

Yes, worth it.

WindyWednesday Sun 18-Mar-18 20:13:22

It is worth it, we use it loads and it pays for itself within six weeks. Great days out.

But yes, think of it as a charity donation with benefits.

Yogagirl123 Sun 18-Mar-18 20:15:49

Great value when the DC were little, we used our membership a lot. NT properties and gardens are very welcoming to children. We are no longer members as our DC are late teens and wouldn’t be interested at the moment, but we have some great memories of lovely trips.

rainbowfudgee Sun 18-Mar-18 20:16:24

We love it. The cafe is always good and the volunteers in the stately homes are very kind to the children- nice little trails with things to look for etc. If you holiday in the UK it's great for days out in another area and for pit stops when driving. We plan our days out so if we are driving further we do 2 in a day. Lots to do within 1.5 hours' drive of where we live- 8 properties, 2 are within 20 mins. See what's local to you.

LuvMyBoyz Sun 18-Mar-18 20:16:34

Certainly worth it if you live near a property which you will visit often. I use mine at the local property once or twice a month. I also use it to visit properties as breaks in long journeys so I can go for a walk and have a decent loo and cafe.

Ohlellykelly Sun 18-Mar-18 20:17:49

Some beach car parks in our area are free to National Trust members, so that's always a bonus.

rainbowfudgee Sun 18-Mar-18 20:18:34

Also adding- I love an annual pass. We have national Trust, a theme park near us, a zoo and I'm looking at LegoLand passes. It means there's always something to do which is pre paid and I stagger renewing memberships through the year so they aren't all paid in one month. Much better value than paying for daily entry to places.

bertsdinner Sun 18-Mar-18 20:21:34

I like it, I can park for free and just have a walk round the parkland of a nearby stately home. If you take a picnic it can make a cheap day out.

897654321abcvrufhfgg Sun 18-Mar-18 20:21:44

We buy it every year as it pays for itself in 10 days on our holiday to Cornwall. Lots of great beaches have national trust car parks

windchimesabotage Sun 18-Mar-18 20:23:50

Great if you have young kids. We love ours. Was brill when we visited cornwall because theres tonnes of beautiful gardens and properties there... theres one with a beautiful hedge maze that my son loved. The pass has paid for itself ten times over.

RunMummyRun68 Sun 18-Mar-18 20:24:43

the passes would make great presents

dp and i would go to places midweek on my days off etc, kids are 15 and 9 so a bit older but they still enjoy getting out and about with us. we also geocache lots. i'm not so sure geocaches will be on NT properties but nearby they will

Timelass Sun 18-Mar-18 20:24:47

We live in England and had been a member of English National Trust for three years.
Last year however joined the Scottish National Trust.
It is much cheaper and is accepted in England Wales and IOM.

SunnyTikka Sun 18-Mar-18 20:25:39

If you join the National Trust for Scotland it is even cheaper and it can be used in all the NT places/car parks, just the same. That's what we did.

IggyAce Sun 18-Mar-18 20:28:56

Totally worth it, during school holidays I only need fuel for the car and a picnic and we have a great day out. We often stop at a NT place on the way to or way back from a holiday destination.
One place we visit is £40 for a family ticket, so definitely worth it.

handmademitlove Sun 18-Mar-18 20:32:13

Several of the NT properties have their own geocache trails!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: