Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Please help me with EBay!

(14 Posts)
BluePony Sun 18-Mar-18 12:13:09

I wasn't even aware I had a PayPal account but I apparently do, sold some shoes on eBay yesterday and got paid via PayPal but when I log on to PayPal it doesn't say that any money has come through, even though my email says it has; it won't let me add my card to my account either confused so I don't actually have the money and I can't access it?! Wtf do I do?!

Rowenaravenclawsdiadem Sun 18-Mar-18 12:14:24

Does it have your bank account details? You can transfer it to your bank that way?

BluePony Sun 18-Mar-18 12:15:41

T won't let me! It says there's £0 in my account as well :/

BluePony Sun 18-Mar-18 12:15:56

It won't let me connect my PayPal account o eBay

MagicFajita Sun 18-Mar-18 12:17:58

Is the email address you have on ebay correct? Basically, is it the one linked to your PayPal account? If it's not then your money may have gone elsewhere.

Rowenaravenclawsdiadem Sun 18-Mar-18 12:19:07

I think when you set up an eBay account you have to link it with a PayPal. Do you have more than one email?

BluePony Sun 18-Mar-18 12:19:39

It's the correct email but it won't let me sync the two up :/

Rowenaravenclawsdiadem Sun 18-Mar-18 12:21:18

Go into the eBay help section and you can contact their customer services helpline

Peanutbuttercups21 Sun 18-Mar-18 12:21:28

You can't have a Paypal account without being aware of it.

Lots of fake mails from fake Paypal come through to everyone's inbox though.

Finderscrispy Sun 18-Mar-18 12:22:18

Are you following email to PayPal account, it might actually be a scam email.

PayPal address is www.paypal.co.uk. Type that into web browser and login that way.

Also, EBay have customer services phone them and check that you have been paid for the sale, imagine PayPal do as well, but I’ve never used them.

Dodie66 Sun 18-Mar-18 12:23:09

I’ve had that where there is a payment pending on eBay. You should contact eBay support. You can chat online to them. How were you expecting to be paid for the shoes?

Decasanova Sun 18-Mar-18 12:23:24

As part of the payment process for new eBay sellers, PayPal may hold your PayPal payments from buyers for up to 21 days. eBay and PayPal define new seller accounts as one with less than 90 days since the first successful sale of an item.
This is an important security process for eBay. It helps keep our site a safe place for buyers and a thriving marketplace for sellers. We appreciate your understanding. Learn more about this process in the FAQs below. Or, read the full details of the PayPal holds policy for new eBay sellers.

Sitranced Sun 18-Mar-18 12:47:46

If you didn't know you had it then I would assume you haven't used it much. PayPal hold payments made to you for a certain number of days.

WeareStardustWeareGolden Sun 18-Mar-18 16:02:25

If you haven't set up a PayPal account yourself, then you do not have one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: