Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Sunday Lunch Help

(30 Posts)
MrsMarigold Sun 18-Mar-18 11:02:13

Inspire me, I feel very uninspired.

lucysmam Sun 18-Mar-18 11:04:22

We're having roast chicken, roast spuds, stuffing, veg and gravy. Probably yorkshires too.

VIENETTA FOR PUDDING!!!!! I might be looking forward to that a bit grin

ILookedintheWater Sun 18-Mar-18 11:07:57

We're having twice cooked pork ribs with a five spice, garlic and chilli glaze, corn on the cob, onion rings (from the freezer), coleslaw and wedges.
For dinner later we're having roast chicken with stuffing, roast and mashed potatoes, cabbage, cauli and broccoli cheese, leeks and carrots. I'm making a sort of bread and butter pudding thing with croissants and golden syrup for dessert as I have a load of whipped cream left over from a batch of scones I did yesterday for a Guide fair.

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Mar-18 11:11:00

Sounds yum, here is a photo of my fridge which is well stocked but messy.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 18-Mar-18 11:12:40

I'm doing Chinese dishes, roast duck with pancakes, fishball noodle soup a veg dish and maybe some sweet chilli pork. The dreaded chicken porridge which I hate but DS loves.

It's snowy here, I have everything in to make this. I'm half Chinese so was taught to cook by my Dad. My Mother did also teach me to cook a good roast and also stuff like pancakes. DH doesn't care what we eat but DS prefers Chinese food totally.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 18-Mar-18 11:13:35

There was an entire thread once where people put up photos of the inside of their fridges.

PeonyTruffle Sun 18-Mar-18 11:14:41

Roast chicken, mash and roast veg with stuffing and Yorkshire’s.

Not especially inspiring but everyone eats it and we can have leftover chicken sandwiches tomorrow smile

lurkymclurkerson Sun 18-Mar-18 11:16:15

My DH is going to make a toad in the hole with some fancy sausages we got from the butcher. First time ever making one, will serve with mash and lots of veg, and possibly some wine

Lollypop27 Sun 18-Mar-18 11:19:27

We are having chicken tikka kebabs in pittas with roasted veg. Caramel cheesecake for dessert.

PurpleDaisies Sun 18-Mar-18 11:20:18

Macaroni cheese here.

Stealth fridge boast grin

DancesWithOtters Sun 18-Mar-18 11:22:13

Thai chicken curry here, but we had a big roast yesterday so I'm going to Mumsnet the chicken carcass.

gallicgirl Sun 18-Mar-18 11:22:27

Roast pork, loads of veg but there's no potatoes in and I don't fancy dragging the kids out to the shop to buy some. Might see if I can get away with just yorkshire puddings.

Psychobabble123 Sun 18-Mar-18 11:24:02

Roast beef, roast pots and parsnips, root veg mash, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage with gravy of course. Sticky toffee pudding and ice cream for dessert.

Psychobabble123 Sun 18-Mar-18 11:24:56

Gallic just roast some veg instead of potatoes smile

Uniglo18 Sun 18-Mar-18 11:25:01

Chick pea curry
Rice
Daal
tandoori chicken drumsticks

Steamcloud Sun 18-Mar-18 11:26:15

You have a ham hock in your fridge. Could you bake it in foil (after simmering in cider or some such?) and serve with mash and veg or salad with honey and walnut mustard dressing or pea puree or something?

Steamcloud Sun 18-Mar-18 11:26:53

Or do an easy chicken tray bake with Mediterranean veg?

cheshiremama89 Sun 18-Mar-18 11:27:52

This has made me think...

A thread of pics of people's fridges would be super interesting grin

Just me?

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Mar-18 11:31:40

Oh steamcloud I like that idea - thanks.

HRTpatch Sun 18-Mar-18 11:35:49

Steak and kidney pie with lots of red wine

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Mar-18 11:38:35

Maybe I should just invite myself to another MNer's house for lunch, it sounds way more exciting.

Frogletmamma Sun 18-Mar-18 11:40:23

Wasnt Sunday lunch but could be. Last night we roasted chicken with jerk seasoning and oil and had corn on cob...really easy

longtompot Sun 18-Mar-18 11:42:10

We are having slow roast pork belly slices, roast potatoes, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, spiced red cabbage, broccoli and lashings of gravy, followed by a zzz and then some sticky toffee pudding. Cannot wait grin

SashaSashays Sun 18-Mar-18 11:51:10

You have ham, what looks like chicken and leeks, why not do a pie? Well a pie lid and some mash? All you really need is flour, milk and some stock, could add a bit of the cream for richness.

Or a risotto? Or leek and potato soup with some ham bits?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: