Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Posting for traffic about child piercing help

(9 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:13:53

Hi. My dd caught her ear piercing on her jumper. It has bled and is now swollen. I have bathed her ear in sterile saline. She is worried she may lose the piercing. What can I Do? Or put on it? Please help.Thanks

AdalindSchade Sun 18-Mar-18 08:21:32

Put the earring back in and leave it. If it doesn't improve and looks infected then go to the GP but that's unlikely.

amysaurus87 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:23:10

I'm guessing this is just a standard ear piercing? As in its not a cartilage piercing.

I've got multiple ear piercings and this has happened to me before too and I haven't lost one yet!

I'd advise, keeping it clean, try to avoid sleeping on it as this can aggravate things, if you're/she is really concerned go back to the place that did the piercing and see what they say.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:26:50

Thanks. Will leave it and bathe it in saline. No alcohol? It's just a normal piercing in lobe.

VimFuego101 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:28:59

Just keep bathing it. Leave the earring in, especially if it's a new piercing - you don't want it to heal over if it does happen to get infected, since the infection will get trapped inside.

amysaurus87 Sun 18-Mar-18 08:32:17

Avoid alcohol as this may annoy the piercing site even more, I use sea salt (the type for baths) diluted in hot water to clean all my piercings as I've had them done in piercing studios, which is what they have recommended me to use.

Leaving it alone apart from cleaning is the best thing for it.

CalliopeMcPherson Sun 18-Mar-18 09:26:47

Phone a local piercers and ask them for their advice. They deal with stuff like this all the time and are best placed to advise!

QueenofLouisiana Sun 18-Mar-18 09:36:24

This is not unusual with piercings. Boiled water with salt dissolved in it to clean the wound. Clean it two or three times a day. Then leave it alone- no twiddling or poking!

It should start to look and feel better in a few days, if it doesn’t take her back to the piercer’s and ask them to look at it.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 23-Mar-18 02:58:47

Thanks everyone. Just used saline and bathed and everything looks great😁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: