Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have you ever stolen anything?

(67 Posts)
crunchymint Tue 13-Mar-18 20:26:15

I have stolen twice a 5p bag at a self checkout, two pic n mix sweets as a kid, a candle holder at a nightclub, and a mug at a cafe?
What about you?

goforkyourself Tue 13-Mar-18 20:32:27

I once stole a bus. Well, borrowed it actually as we put it back the next day student days

SneakyGremlins Tue 13-Mar-18 20:33:34

A mug????

I may occasionally tap that I've used 0 bags. "MAY". grin

RaidTheCupboards Tue 13-Mar-18 20:35:30

I went into a sandwich shop part of a big complex. Stood there for 13 minutes at the till with my sandwich in my hand and no one came.
I was starving and annoyed at the bad service so I walked out with it.

MinnieMinchkin Tue 13-Mar-18 20:36:16

School recorder that I had been lent for lessons. I only kept it to avoid having to go back to the lessons, and was really relieved when everyone totally forgot about it! But, still feel the occasional pang of guilt over 30 years later!

SavoyCabbage Tue 13-Mar-18 20:40:01

I stole an avocado from Marks and Spencers on Christmas Eve.

Most middle class crime ever.

It was round my wrist in a bag and I discovered it when I got on the bus.

Sprinklesinmyelbow Tue 13-Mar-18 20:40:47

Yes I did the pre teen shoplifting stage.

Hellywelly10 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:43:09

Me to sprinkle. Now I'm super straight. However pens are fair game.

Sprinklesinmyelbow Tue 13-Mar-18 20:44:08

I’m straight too. Well, almost grin

SneakyGremlins Tue 13-Mar-18 20:44:42

I'm straight as a fucking roundabout grin

AlonsoTigerHeart Tue 13-Mar-18 20:46:36

Shit loads.
I spent my teens stealing,clothes, food , make up anything really.

bluejelly Tue 13-Mar-18 20:46:43

Yes lots of casual shoplifting as a teenager. Got away with it all confused
Not proud and would never ever steal now

readyforapummelling Tue 13-Mar-18 20:47:21

I inadvertently stole a jumper from Sainsbury's last month. I put it on the conveyer belt however the cashier didn't scan it.

It's only when I got home and saw the receipt that I realised it wasn't actually on there.

It's my new favourite jumper now.

Because it was free grin

PlayingForKittens Tue 13-Mar-18 20:47:42

When I was a kid it was the height of cool to get away with putting 11 penny sweets in the bag and telling the checkout there were 10 sweets.

Also my friends and I quickly clocked that getting the train to town from our unmanned station (before the days of ticket machines) was usually so busy that if you went to the back the conductor would rarely have made it to us by the time we got to town so we could travel for free. I don't feel guilty about that though, we didn't hide in the loos or anything, we'd have bought tickets if he'd got to us.

Otherwise I'm a terribly honest person.

RespoDad Tue 13-Mar-18 20:47:55

Yes,ladies, I’ve stolen your hearts 💕 I♥️💕♥️💕♥️💕♥️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘😘😘💪💪💪😘💪💪😘😘😘👅

TryptoFan Tue 13-Mar-18 20:49:30

Stole lots in my early teens. Mainly those smelly gel pens from WH Smiths.

Now I occasionally steal shopping bags from the supermarkets. Not Asda though, they've got cameras.

Rattysparklebum Tue 13-Mar-18 20:52:09

A glass dining table from Ikea

Quartz2208 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:53:30

Once when me and DH went on holiday we went on a night out. We tried paying for it then but it was having issues. So I thought that we had paid 3 times and then had reimbursed us twice. Turns out we paid 3 times and they reimbursed us 4 times.

Got home and realised when I saw the bill (on the night out itself really assumed had paid). Tried telling the travel agent via the UK but because it was a tour they ran out there they were useless. I tried 4 times to call and sorted it and then frankly I gave up.

PatriciaBateman Tue 13-Mar-18 20:54:17

A pack of gum on the floor of a shop as a child. I told lied to myself that because it was on the floor it was discarded and not really stealing.

Stupid pack of gum haunts my conscience to this day! Made me feel so guilty I never stole again (which I'm ultimately glad of).

BonnieF Tue 13-Mar-18 20:55:38

A car.

We were students staggering back from the pub as usual. We spotted an unlocked car, so we decided it would be a good idea to move it. Cars didn’t have alarms in those days so we put it in neutral, released the handbrake and started to push.... We found a space 2 streets away where we parked it as neatly as we could. We didn’t damage it, we just moved it.

The owners face must have been a picture the next morning grin.

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-Mar-18 20:55:44

Nothing halo

MadMaryBoddington Tue 13-Mar-18 20:57:12

I did a runner from a Little Chef on the M4 about 15 years ago.

Actually it was a more of a stroll. Nobody cared. The place was in chaos and all the customers were complaining.

MadMaryBoddington Tue 13-Mar-18 20:59:30

BonnieF oh that was YOU was it? angry

GertrudeCB Tue 13-Mar-18 21:02:08

Wuthering heights novel from the old store room at school. We were going through a financially hard time ( bankruptcy of parents business) . Lovely English teacher spotted what was going on , put 2+2 together and asked me one day after class if I wanted any of the books he was getting rid of?
Nice man did a nice thing smile

BlooBagoo Tue 13-Mar-18 21:04:47

Most of the pint glasses in my house came from pubs in my late teens/early 20s. They've lasted a while. grin

DH is a nightmare for towels in hotels. Whenever he's away for work (I don't let him do it if I'm with him) we seem to gain at least one once he's home. I'll happily take all the little toiletries, coffee and teabags etc that we haven't used though (they're there to be used so don't think that counts as stealing unlike the towels). They're handy if we go for a picnic or go camping/caravanning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: