Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

DNiece just humiliated me in front of Asda staff

(59 Posts)
DreamALittleDreamForMe Wed 28-Feb-18 14:50:56

Walking out from Asda, DNiece screams "take me back to mummy!" I said, we are going to mummy now but first have to leave the shop and go home to her house.

"I don't want to get in a car with you! Take me back to my mummy. I feel sad without her".

Security guard approached me and said "is this your child?" I said no, she's not. She's my niece.

DNiece looks at security guard and says: Do you know where my mummy is? I don't want to leave with this lady".

I was politely asked to step aside for a second.

I did. DNiece then went on to say "Did you leave baby Dream in the car? Why did you do that?"

I was terribly embarrassed. Fast forward to some concerned looks from the security guard and I said "Look, let me get you on the phone to her Mum. I have pictures of us together, loads of them".

I showed him some pictures of all of the extended family, DNiece included and me.

He was satisfied but still seemed quite edgy. People were started to look now.

He then asked DNiece, do you know this lady? She said yes that's my aunty D grin she's my cousin's mummy!

And off we went.

How. Fucking. Embarrassing.

Everyone was looking and I'm a regular shopper there so will have to pass that security guard again!

DNiece is 4.5.

No, I did not leave my baby in the car. My baby was with her Mum at home!

TheQueenOfWands Wed 28-Feb-18 14:55:39

DS once did similar.

Was raining and due to DP's hours he often picked up DS from school on certain days. DP had plans so I collected DS meaning he had to walk home in the rain.

He threw a proper wobbly, screaming, "I WANT MY DAD!!" at the top of his 5 year old lungs.

No one stopped us. DS and I are as alike as two peas. But there were a fair few hmmhmmhmm faces as we walked drown the street.

Walkerbean16 Wed 28-Feb-18 14:55:52

sorry OK but that did make me laugh 😁 she sounds like a character. at least the staff were vigilant!

Nabootique Wed 28-Feb-18 14:57:44

Oh my God! My cheeks are burning for you. I thought you were going to say she was 2, the little devil!

Willswife Wed 28-Feb-18 14:58:09

It's funny when it happens to someone else!! Sorry!!

bimbobaggins Wed 28-Feb-18 14:59:08

I wouldn’t be embarrassed. At least the staff are being cautious.
No one will care

DreamALittleDreamForMe Wed 28-Feb-18 14:59:26

I'm laughing about it now but bloody Nora, I was mortified! I even felt a sense of guilt, as if I was abducting a random child and not just taking my niece home hmm not sure why I felt somewhat guilty!

She had to add in the "I feel sad without her".

Also felt betrayed after spending £15 on Shopkins shit

DreamALittleDreamForMe Wed 28-Feb-18 15:00:59

And we couldn't look less alike, making things worse. She has bright blonde hair and light blue eyes. I'm an olive with dark hair blushgrin

Nemophilist Wed 28-Feb-18 15:03:04

shock mortifying...but funny sorry but that made me laugh blush
Kids are funny.

KatyaZamolodchikova Wed 28-Feb-18 15:04:31

Had the same with DSD when I was out with her without her Dad (my DP) around the same age. Dragged her through town screaming ‘I want myyyy mummeeeeeer’ at the top of her voice. FFS if I was going to abduct a child I would not choose the flailing screaming one 🙄.

TheQueenOfWands Wed 28-Feb-18 15:10:17

There's and Alan Davies DVD where he discusses this.

If you see a child being dragged screaming through a supermarket that'll be a parent.

Dragged by the hair into a car? That'll be a parent.

Walked calmly and noiselessly out of a shop? That's a potential kidnapper. Must he vigilant.

Sharpandshineyteeth Wed 28-Feb-18 15:11:00

Oh god I would get so flustered!!

I had similar when my DD (6) got lost running the other side of a pond. I was so worried and then I saw her walking off with a couple!! I sent DP to get her as he could run quicker and then they saw him coming they said to DD "is that your dad?" He isn't her dad so she just said no and happily trotted off with them!! He eventually reached them and called her name and all was ok. They were taking her to customer service as it was a holiday park.

IceBearRocks Wed 28-Feb-18 15:11:37

Ds8 severly disabled and has vocal tics....useful one like Help me and I'm stuck !!! FFS Im totally abducting a disabled for child who need around the clock care rather than an Neuro typical child who I could sell to any local paedophile without any worries!!!!

If that's what people who steal children do....

ourkidmolly Wed 28-Feb-18 15:13:06

She sounds a complete brat. Is she? I'd not be taking her anywhere again anytime soon.

upsideup Wed 28-Feb-18 15:15:26

She sounds a complete brat. Is she? I'd not be taking her anywhere again anytime soon.

Was waiting for a comment like this.

ourkidmolly Wed 28-Feb-18 15:17:08

Why? I don't get the humour really? Don't mean to sound sour, I'd just find that quite odd behaviour from a 4 year old.

upsideup Wed 28-Feb-18 15:18:23

My DSD used to do similar, shes a really funny and incredibly intellegent girl. Shes has already gone and is going very far in life.
Embarrasing at the time OP but when shes older it will be a funny memory you can look back on with her.

query46 Wed 28-Feb-18 15:18:44

My sister once had a black eye aged about 6 which I saw happen, she fell in the rain and hit her head on the gate. We went to visit our grandma who asked how she hurt her eye...daddy did it, she said without shame!

CuboidalSlipshoddy Wed 28-Feb-18 15:19:33

I wouldn't throw "brat" around, but I'd certainly not take her anywhere on my own until I could be reasonably sure it wouldn't happen again. You're presumably female: if she did this with a male relative, I suspect that the police would be on the scene fairly quickly, and matters might escalate significantly.

She's presumably learnt from somewhere the effect that can be had by doing this, too. The part where she starts to accuse you of abusing your baby is pretty manipulative, and again could have rather awkward consequences. I'd be telling her mother than actually, next time, you'll not be taking her.

LardLizard Wed 28-Feb-18 15:20:56

I thought you were gonna say she was 2 not 4.5

ourkidmolly Wed 28-Feb-18 15:21:42

Is brat a derogatory term now? Surely means naughty child?

upsideup Wed 28-Feb-18 15:23:13

ourkidmolly

I hate the word brat, its always applied to independant little girls with big personalities.
You dont know the girl at all, shes 4.5 (a small child) and to be able to write her off over one incident is horrible.

GnotherGnu Wed 28-Feb-18 15:25:59

Kudos to the security staff - I'm quite impressed that they took so much trouble to check.

Kissmycousinkate Wed 28-Feb-18 15:27:12

Hats off to the security guard though but totally understand your embarrassment.......poor you

SecretLimonadeDrinker Wed 28-Feb-18 15:30:35

On holiday DS repeatedly shouted you're not my dad to DH (he is his dad) whilst struggling to get away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: