Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things that make your blood run cold/ hair stand on end/ creep you out

(203 Posts)
OrangeKitten Sun 25-Feb-18 23:31:09

I'm bored and thought this would be a good ide for a thread. Though admittedly it's probably not a great starting it right before bed but we'll give it a go anyway grin.

I'll go first

-I was reading about children who have committed heinous crimes against other people, a night last week. no idea why I googled it. Chilled me to the bone completely.

- When I have to dash to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I don't know why but something makes me feel spooked in case I see a ghost/robber/slender man

- I'm not really a tv watcher so when my DH goes out for the evening or is staying elsewhere for the night I usually sit on my laptop in silence. On such occasions when my phone rings, the ringing noise in complete silence makes me feel on edge, especially if the landline rings.

I realise most all of these things are ridiculous and I need to grow up, but hey ho grin. When I think of more I will add them. So let's hear your chilling things that may or not be as childish as mine

MunchMunch Sun 25-Feb-18 23:49:31

Mines not creepy but my blood runs cold watching YouTube videos or videos on Facebook of these insane people who free climb anything and walk along the thinnest plank of wood/steel etc hundreds of feet up! I feel faint watching them!

MorningsEleven Sun 25-Feb-18 23:51:19

Paul McCartney. Freaks me the fuck out.

BabyOrSanta Sun 25-Feb-18 23:58:13

When I'm watching tv footage of someone who's died for example when they keep showing clips of the actress from the Vicar of Dibley or when Dirty Dancing is on.
If I don't know the person's died it's fine so can watch old films (even though most of the actors died before I was born).
It gives me goosebumps.

MunchMunch Mon 26-Feb-18 00:03:25

MorningsEleven The Speakmans (a couple of therapist on This Morning if you don't know them) have that effect on me grin

HildaZelda Mon 26-Feb-18 00:05:07

David Walliams (((shudders))) confused

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 26-Feb-18 00:10:27

Things that are half in and half out of the water like anchor chains or buoys. The bottom of boats. Water in the dark, any water but especially swimming pools and especially swimming pools where the cover sort of just floats on top.

OrangeKitten Mon 26-Feb-18 00:10:54

munch I am with you there! I have a terrifying fear of heights and watching those videos make me feel physically ill.

morning Ha, I agree with you there.

baby I know what you mean. I even get this about animals. I was watching Homeward Bound the other day and I saw on facebook it was 25 years since it was released. I thought to myself ' those animals are long gone now' while watching their cute little adventure. Then I got so depressed bout it!

morning I am off to google grin

BleakBetty Mon 26-Feb-18 00:11:51

Wind turbines looming ominously as if they’re plotting the demise of humankind 😂

Seriously though, their sheer size, motion and unnatural appearance makes me feel a bit sick to my stomach

Strippervicar Mon 26-Feb-18 00:14:18

No spooky ones, I am as psychic as a wet log. But I hate noises. Those small yakky noises like other people chewing, drinking, sniffing, giggling, certain accents, some voices, I can't listen or watch programmes if the voice is horrid to my ears. Rustling papers, coughing, sneezing, that noise you hear on the radio when someone has too much saliva. Screeching does it too. Eugh. Blood runs cold, I feel sick to the point of fight or flight. Weird cos I can dislodge poo (well only my child's out of a toilet with my bare hands, manage spooky stories and love rock n roll loud. I even gave an intruder in my back garden a mouthful and sent him on his way before I realised what a risk I'd taken. It's just noises I can't handle.

Also, after my diversion, I enjoy spooky dooky stuff, help.me out here.

Tringingle Mon 26-Feb-18 00:16:57

For some bizarre reason watching my kids brush their teeth makes me want to throw up...🤷‍♀️

OrangeKitten Mon 26-Feb-18 00:17:49

hilda David Walliams makes my teeth itch grin. I seriously can't stand the man!

I need Interesting. What is it about things half in, half out of waterthat gives you the collywobbles? you have also reminded me of a water-related spook of mine; pictures of water make me feel sick and panicky . On google earth pissing about having a look at different countries, it suddenly zoomed right into the pacific ocean and I nearly had a canary! I have no idea why I find images of water sickening when I am perfectly fine with water in real life. I did almost drown as a child, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Appuskidu Mon 26-Feb-18 00:20:19

Things that are half in and half out of the water like anchor chains or buoys. The bottom of boats. Water in the dark, any water but especially swimming pools and especially swimming pools where the cover sort of just floats on top.

Yes-absolutely. Long piers with steps disappearing down into the water make me feel sick confused.

Spooky coincidences get me as well.

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 26-Feb-18 00:22:32

I honestly don't know what the water thing is about. It even extends to people in the pool. I want them to be all in with just their heads out I.e swimming or standing in the deep end or out of the water I can't look at people stood waist deep in water I feel like shouting 'get in or get out' but I don't I just freak out and try not to look at them.

Doublevodka Mon 26-Feb-18 00:22:42

The sound of wind chimes seriously creeps me out. My neighbour has one and I hate it. You always hear them on American movies just before someone gets murdered.

HannahHut Mon 26-Feb-18 00:23:18

Men who leave public bathrooms still doing up their fly and belt in public.

It seems wherever I go women's toilets are accessed by passing a men's, that means if they come out of the loo still doing this you have to walk past them and it makes me so nervous.

HuskyMcClusky Mon 26-Feb-18 00:23:39

People wearing masks.

I could never go to a masquerade party, it would freak me the fuck out.

The presidents masks in Point Break? Couldn’t watch.

Tringingle Mon 26-Feb-18 00:25:14

@HuskyMcClusky I agree with the whole masks thing,freaks me fucking out,also clowns and balloons,fucking hate Halloween 😬

OrangeKitten Mon 26-Feb-18 00:27:15

bleak I have heard this as a common thing to give people the heebie jeebies. I don't have it myself but can understand why it would unnerve some people. Those darn wind turbines plotting world domination! grin

stripper My DH has this too. The other day he told me off for chopping carrots 'the wrong way and making a funny noise on the chopping board' hmm I think it's quite normal --to some degree- grin and yes I would also like to read some spooky experiences!

trin How odd, have never heard this one before! grin

Ski40 Mon 26-Feb-18 00:28:57

The sight of a field full of gigantic turbines, specially at night, or even worse in the sea at night.

The sea itself, when it's dark.

Spiders. I have been know to ...wake up 😁 the entire office with my blood curling shrieks and flapping my arms like a fool, because a tiny spider dangled in front of my face from a vent, when I was concentrating on payroll. Not my finest moment 😂😂
People cutting us up in a roundabout. My knuckles go white because DH carries on regardless and I always think that's it, we are dead 🤤.
Any sort of crime related to children. Goes without saying.
Footage of tsunamis.
The dark. If there is a chance of a power cut my house is full of lit candles and I hold on to my phone torch for dear life lol x

Ski40 Mon 26-Feb-18 00:30:26

*I meant wind turbines, sorry. 😄

Threeminis Mon 26-Feb-18 00:32:05

*Tringingle
Me too. Teeth brushing is disgusting.

expatmatt78 Mon 26-Feb-18 00:33:18

Oh yes to the water thing- mine is more having to use something long submerged to exit water - like the ladder on a dock or pier sort of thing- even the ladder of a boat (something to do with what's hiding under it maybe?!)

Tringingle Mon 26-Feb-18 00:33:28

@OrangeKitten the tooth brushing thing?i know look it I find it weird myself that I feel like that but as long as I don't actually throw up on them it can be kept to myself 😂
As for clowns,does anyone in the world actually like fucking clowns,they're creepy as fuck?!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 26-Feb-18 00:34:26

Pylons.
Number stations.
Things in water that don't belong there.
I once saw a picture of a church under water and the steeple was poking out the water. Shudders.
The opposite of the above things out of water that should be in water eg. Ships in dry dock.
Winding stair cases.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: