Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Are any of the "old" MNers still around? Cod? MarsLady? TiredEmma?

(878 Posts)
Slippery Sun 25-Feb-18 18:45:30

Just thinking back about how MN used to be (before the terminally offended brigade arrived). I used to enjoy Cod's typing - wasn't there a mug, or did I dream that?

I've been here since 2002, in various guises, so I think I qualify as an oldie now too.

Not really any point to this thread, just wondering ...

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:46:36

Hate these threads. Them and us.

Why don’t you pm them if you really want to know.

yawning801 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:46:55

I've only been here a year, so not in my case! But still bumping anyway!

AmIthatbloodycold Sun 25-Feb-18 18:47:34

Yes, agree with Through. Done to death

Whisky2014 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:49:16

"Qualify as an oldie"... as if it's a club! Ffs

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Feb-18 18:49:19

Why not do a quick AS?

Slippery Sun 25-Feb-18 18:50:32

See what I mean though? The offended are out en masse immediately. Sigh........

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:52:43

Well according to you as the terminally offended brigade have taken over from your mates, so you’d expect us to turn up. Sigh.

HotCrossBun12 Sun 25-Feb-18 18:56:25

I remember when this was all fields

2anddone Sun 25-Feb-18 18:57:31

Think they are all still here but have name changed? Lots flounced in the NYE debacle of 2013 (I think it was then??) I have been around since 2005 (have name changed but I suppose technically an oldie though I don’t post often and am pretty invisible so not sure I count?)
It’s much more different to how it used to be far more troll hunting, Grammer police and offended people!!

Slippery Sun 25-Feb-18 18:58:10

Why can't you just answer a question? Or leave it alone though? This is exactly what I mean.

Someone asks a question and it has to be questioned and picked at instead of being answered (or ignored).

DancesWithOtters Sun 25-Feb-18 18:58:54

@HotCrossBun12 grin

LondonHereICome Sun 25-Feb-18 19:03:15

Hey slippery

I miss the old faves too

Lots of namechanging goes on so it's quite impersonal these days. Believe cod has been around lately. Not seen maryz for ages , she was great

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Feb-18 19:03:42

I have never heard of TiredEmma or MarsLady but I recall seeing a thread started by COD about spelling mistakes about a week ago.

Is that what you were after?

peggy2467 Sun 25-Feb-18 19:04:46

@Slippery
So, you've been part of an online chat room for the last 16 years.. what an achievement 🤪.
That's like putting the same post on Facebook. Nothing to be proud of. Move with the times and get over it.

Samcro Sun 25-Feb-18 19:05:33

I often wonder what happened to some people.
Been here since 2006,
Back then it really wqs an oldie v newbie site.

FlibbertyGiblets Sun 25-Feb-18 19:06:40

Yep some oldies are around <references Red Rug, Judge Flounce, Original Tech who went to NY, 4, the Bat>
But as you can see - that was then, this is now #gnomic

DorothyL Sun 25-Feb-18 19:07:30

I used to be emkana and have been here ages but I agree, Mumsnet has grown so much and has a very different feel these days.

FlibbertyGiblets Sun 25-Feb-18 19:10:07

Omg Emkana! Your boy is prob in Senior school now! I remember him trotting off to Reception [awwww]

Xulishesthepilot Sun 25-Feb-18 19:11:08

Maryz's all over the women's rights board, assuming it can only be the same Maryz.

venellopevonschweetz Sun 25-Feb-18 19:11:30

Crikey @Slippery for a minute there I thought I was reading an AIBU reasonable post hmm

I really don't think there's any need for some of the responses, OP was t bragging/boasting/belittling and particular user, just musing over MN being different and whether any of the aforementioned users were still around.....

Sheesh some you give your heads a wobble will you?

LondonHereICome Sun 25-Feb-18 19:11:49

sparkling I thought you were an old timer... seen your name here for years!

I've been here since god knows when.....we had the CAT system for messages,so whenever that was..... but I wasn't one of the cool names and rarely get mentioned on threads like these

DaphneFanshaw Sun 25-Feb-18 19:12:13

I quite like these kind of threads, it's like eavesdropping on old friends catching up in a pub.
Unless it gets all snarky and cunty, which is pretty much how it is now tbh.

Sparklingbrook Sun 25-Feb-18 19:12:55

Noooo London I am a relative newbie. 2011. grin

RedDogsBeg Sun 25-Feb-18 19:18:57

It is a bit of an odd thread - if they are still around and have name changed, which a number of people did after the Jeffrey debacle, then they would be reluctant to out their name change wouldn't they?

Other posters looking for them or outing them due to their posting style is not acceptable either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: