Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Did/ do you have a list of things to accomplish before turning 30?

(3 Posts)
NordicNobody Sun 25-Feb-18 14:19:38

I'm turning 30 next month and reflecting on the things I have and haven't accomplished that I thought I would have by now. I was pretty sure I'd have a great career - but I don't. I was pretty sure I'd never meet anyone or have kids - but I did. So I'm feeling happy and proud of some things, and a bit deflated about others. Most of my friends are in the "great career, no kids" category and so I guess I feel like I've failed a bit in that regard. I had a really good career plan but the unexpected arrival of my son put wind to that (and sadly there's no way back). In lots of ways I'm very very lucky, but professionally I'm in pretty much the same boat I was 10 years ago, but with less energy and flexibility.

Did you have goals you wanted to accomplish by X date? What were they and did you manage it?

Camomila Sun 25-Feb-18 14:42:44

I recently found the bullet pointed list I made in 6th form (cringe)

I was married and had at least 1DC by 30, tick!
Great career ‘helping people’...nope just normal jobs, some helping people though.
Own a house...nope, maybe in the next 5 years?

I do sometimes think it’d be nice to be more ambitious career/money wise though.

PercyPigAddict Sun 25-Feb-18 15:11:06

Sometimes I think the best thing you can do is forget age altogether... so many people create stress for themselves becuse they haven't achieved what they wanted to by a certain age... but it's literally just a number!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: