Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Posting for traffic-how soon can you poas and other problems

(9 Posts)
elephanttrunks Sun 25-Feb-18 01:40:52

I'm aware that this will make me sound paranoid but please bear with me! Dd is 16 and recently acquired a new boyfriend a couple of years older. We had the chat and went to the doctors to get her on the pill. Also discussed how she needed to use condoms too to be safe.
She had said previously that she wouldn't consider sex until 3 months into the relationship, and they had been together a month when we went to the doctors. That was on the Monday. They slept together two days later. FFS.
Since then, all hell has broken loose. She found out he had been messaging other girls and dumped him pronto, but I can't shake this worry that she had only taken 2 pills at the point they slept together, and no, the wallys didn't use a condom either. So, hit me with it...how much protection do you think 2 days of the pill would afford her? Also, they did the deed on 14th Feb, roughly two weeks into her cycle (FFS again!!)...when might be a good time to poas? I know there are people on here who know loads about conception but it feels insensitive to ask this on there. TIA.

elephanttrunks Sun 25-Feb-18 06:21:42

Bumping

fraggle84 Sun 25-Feb-18 06:49:08

Poas 10 - 14 days later.

You should feel proud that she’s discussing these things with you, wish my mum was like you!

MrsJonesAndMe Sun 25-Feb-18 07:05:30

Oh goodness. Does she have regular cycles? I'm guessing 14 days as it would be the end of the cycle. Has she been for STI testing?

Well done for raising a DD who feels she can come to you.

shortgreengiraffe Sun 25-Feb-18 07:18:04

Check the instructions which come with her pill. Some will give protection straight away, others will not. Either way she should keep taking them for at least this cycle.

Spam88 Sun 25-Feb-18 07:19:19

Honestly I wouldn't bother POAS until her period is overdue, otherwise a positive is going to be really faint if it shows up at all and you're not going to trust a negative.

elephanttrunks Sun 25-Feb-18 07:41:42

Thanks all... the thing is ( in response to Spam) waiting until her period is due will be ages as she effectively started the pill halfway through her cycle. I will read the packet though. She's so broken hearted over the the break up and feeling rubbish anyway, but she threw up randomly sitting on the sofa last night ( asked for a bowl in time) which has made me worry even more.

MrsJonesAndMe Sun 25-Feb-18 08:01:36

She could have had a coil fitted, but think that horse has bolted now. Hope it ends well for you all.

elephanttrunks Sat 03-Mar-18 15:31:35

Just to update, she poas Weds and not pregnant, thank goodness! The boy has been revealed to be an even bigger arse than first thought, does anyone have any advice as to how to get dds through this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: