Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What grosses you out?

(42 Posts)
Ski40 Sun 25-Feb-18 00:52:45

As in, really makes you reach for a bucket?
Apart from the things that likely gross all of us out, like bad hygiene habits or disgusting foods?
My main gripe is long fingernails in men. Ugh. Ditto long bushy beards, a trimmed one is fine but this new hipster beard craze... if DH ever did that I would dump him lol.
I also think apple bobbing is gross!
And I would never ever share a hot tub with anyone I'm not intimate with.
What grosses you out most?

TroubledTribble28 Sun 25-Feb-18 00:56:33

Dirty nails, visible black under/around them. My mum had dirty nails and stuck her finger in a cooked beef joint that was resting angry

tectonicplates Sun 25-Feb-18 00:59:20

Chewing gum, and people who lick their finger when turning pages <shudder>. It gives me the creeps.

Nandocushion Sun 25-Feb-18 01:13:59

Food in the bathroom

Ski40 Sun 25-Feb-18 01:21:03

Eeew I agree with all of those! Keep them coming 😁😁

4catsaremylife Sun 25-Feb-18 01:31:24

Spitting in public. Why would you do that? 😷

CauliflowerBalti Sun 25-Feb-18 01:36:54

The smell of stale chewing gum. I can pick dog shit out of the tread of a school shoe without blinking, but other people’s pre-chewed chewing gum makes me gip.

Bits. When you move your kid’s bed and there’s sweet wrappers and hair balls and bits of Lego and unidentifiable bits of... bits. NO.

toffee1000 Sun 25-Feb-18 01:39:27

I remember I had some teachers who’d lick their fingers as they handed out sheets. Sometimes the sheets had gobbets of spit in the corner. BARF

Time40 Sun 25-Feb-18 01:44:51

Dog crap. It makes me wonder how anyone can bear to have a dog - they have to pick that stuff up ... when it's still warm. I have been known to throw out a pair of shoes when I've trodden in some, rather than have to clean the shoes.

Farfel Sun 25-Feb-18 01:50:13

Long fingernails, yes, and also those earrings that strech the lobes and make this big hole right in the middle; I can't look at it.

Ski40 Sun 25-Feb-18 02:02:34

Oh I forgot! Hankies!! People using them, then stuffing them back in their pocket or sleeve. After taking a good look at what came out. Nice one... 😝🤢🤧
Drinks from office vending machines. The bucket of slops inside... have a look if ever you can. Actually, don't.
The little bowls of peanuts or popcorn in bars... where everyone sticks their possibly grubby hands. They also get recycled. Mmmm...

PoloPrincess Sun 25-Feb-18 02:57:56

Threading. You know where they pluck somebody's eyebrows with a bit of cotton and one end is in their mouth. I can't look. I just think that there is bacteria everywhere. Why would you want somebody's slobber all over your face?

Somebody eating with their mouth open or talking with a mouth full of food.

Old people's false teeth slipping out when they talk, i wish that they would get some polygrip or some teeth that fit correctly. I once knew a lovely lady, she was widowed and she wore her husbands false teeth. Far too big for her of course.

DP brushing his teeth in front of me makes me baulk. I can help DS brush his teeth, that's not a problem because I have to, but watching DP makes me wretch. My mouth has started salivating just writing this.

HuskyMcClusky Sun 25-Feb-18 03:03:42

Magazines in the lavatory/powder room.

Kursk Sun 25-Feb-18 03:15:36

Food in the bathroom

Sit backwards on the toilet and you have a table!

diodati Sun 25-Feb-18 03:29:06

Long, dirty finger and toenails. Bad breath, smelly bums.

diodati Sun 25-Feb-18 03:32:48

Long toenails, then. Being (even accidentally) scraped or touched by toenails. Urk!

Klobuchar Sun 25-Feb-18 03:37:35

Fingernails that have been somehow detached from the digits- cut or bitten off.

As for threading- no one has ever slobbered over my face and the part of the cotton that has been in the mouth isn’t used on the client

SilverdaleGlen Sun 25-Feb-18 03:41:25

Today 03:15 Kursk

*Food in the bathroom
Sit backwards on the toilet and you have a table!*

That one made me actually gip envy

Leftover food, or more specifically those people who can dive on in to your food/drink after you have finished. Bleugh.

HuskyMcClusky Sun 25-Feb-18 04:20:01

People who eat the leftover slops out of their baby or toddler’s bowl.

My friend used to absentmindedly do this, it made me want to heave. Most of it had been squooshed out of his mouth. envy

Babooska Sun 25-Feb-18 07:15:27

DH twiddling with ends of moustache causing a horrible crunchy sound as hair is wirey. Ewwww

turnipfarmers Sun 25-Feb-18 07:20:59

People who dig earwax out in public
Naked children photos on social media
Hearing our neighbour cough phlegm in his bathroom each morning

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 25-Feb-18 07:41:24

People who take two little bites of a sandwich rather than one normal bite. The second bite usually sounds all whiskery and slobbery. In my experience it is usually the older gentleman that performs this particular rankness.

Also people who rub their faces and make the cartilage on the end of their nose click. Again, often the domain of older gentlemen.....

Wingbing Sun 25-Feb-18 07:45:48

Spitting, horrible habit.

LadyScatterbrain Sun 25-Feb-18 07:54:06

The sound of someone eating loudly.

Seeing people clean their teeth. I hate the foamy toothpaste mixed with spit, it makes me feel so nauseous. Why do they film teeth cleaning scenes in tv programmes? I always have go look away.

People spitting on the street.

Dog poo.

noenergy Sun 25-Feb-18 07:57:56

Long dirty finger nails
Nose picking
Dog poo

And this is gonna sound crazy but, feet, if you have touched your feet or taken your socks off plz wash your hands don't not, and don't even think of eating without washing.

Non hand washers after going to the toilet.

Hate using public toilets as think the flush button and door lock are full of germs.

Baths, how people can sit in their own skinconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now