Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How often do you clean your windows?

(30 Posts)
CastielIsMyAngel Sat 24-Feb-18 21:34:30

I’m shockingly lax when it comes to cleaning windows. I just seem to forget they’re there... how often is average? And what do you use? For me, you can’t beat proper old pink Windolene emulsion

PurpleDaisies Sat 24-Feb-18 21:36:10

About once a year. blush

A window cleaner does the outside once a month.

Gwenhwyfar Sat 24-Feb-18 21:36:47

Every few months. Window cleaner of any brand and kitchen roll. I've got bird mess on one now, but won't clean them until it gets warmer. There's a part I can't reach at all so wouldn't mind having them done by a window cleaner, but the one I talked to was only interested if it was regular work.

Chattymummyhere Sat 24-Feb-18 21:36:58

Never on the outside.

TheClitterati Sat 24-Feb-18 21:37:12

I use warm water with a bit of vinegar and vinegar for big jobs. Or the method spray.

Sparklingbrook Sat 24-Feb-18 21:38:29

Window cleaners do the outside every 4 weeks. I have a window vac for the inside, and do it every now and again if they look like they need it.

Nottheduchessofcambridge Sat 24-Feb-18 21:43:18

The window cleaned does the outside every six week, I do the inside two-three times a year.

lucysmam Sat 24-Feb-18 21:53:02

Erm, outside haven't been done since I moved in just about 18 months ago.

Inside makes up for it though! I do them as I clean each room through the week. Apart from the kitchen ones, they're always neglected tbh.

Peachsploosh Sat 24-Feb-18 21:57:15

Once every never.

delilahbucket Sat 24-Feb-18 21:59:05

Inside, every three months or so. Outside every 6-8 weeks done by a window cleaner.

deste Sat 24-Feb-18 21:59:14

I clean the inside living room window about 8 times a day because the dog leans over the top of the sofa and breathes on it. When the sun shines it looks awfull.

Mum2jenny Sat 24-Feb-18 22:00:49

Very very rarely

LifeBeginsAtGin Sat 24-Feb-18 22:01:10

You're supposed to wash them?

Ructation Sat 24-Feb-18 22:31:17

Upstairs have never been done in over 10 years.

Downstairs maybe once a year.

CastielIsMyAngel Sat 24-Feb-18 23:43:12

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that barely gives them a thought!

theoldtrout01876 Sun 25-Feb-18 04:49:53

I have fold in easy to clean windows. They have been installed for 15 years. I have to say I have NEVER cleaned my windows blush

I really should do the mudroom ones cos we smoke in the mudroom and they are gross, the white frames are yellow for gods sake. I just cant be arsed. domestically challenged and not ashamed

namechange2222 Sun 25-Feb-18 05:18:25

Outside by a window cleaner every two months. Inside about the same. No-one smokes and the only marks are if the dog or GC start licking them!

comfortandjoy Sun 25-Feb-18 09:16:57

Oh never. It's not something I think of and I think other things are more important if I'm going to do some cleaning . Once my parents visited and did them. They like cleaning.

echt Sun 25-Feb-18 09:21:08

Rarely, mostly inside to clean dog snot off the lower parts as nearly all of the windows in my house go to the floor.

Outside? Meh. One bout of Aussie rain from the north is laden with desert and coats the windows in a trice.

hmmwhatatodo Sun 25-Feb-18 10:15:43

Only had they outsides done once in all the years of living here. Not easy to get window cleaners here. Inside there is no set pattern so it usually ends up being a half hearted attempt during the summer. When I was growing up we had windows that swivelled all the way round. Easy to clean! One of the neighbours across the road used to clean her windows every singe weekend so it used to inspire me to join her sometimes (I grew up before the Internet was invented so I had more time on my hands as a child). Now I think I have only ever seen neighbours here clean their windows once and they moved a good few years ago.

ShitUsername Sun 25-Feb-18 10:33:01

Hardly ever blush

metalmum15 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:36:55

I clean mine every few weeks using e-cloths. I love sparkling windows. I have big bay windows so it's really obvious if they're dirty.

CastielIsMyAngel Sun 25-Feb-18 21:51:55

It's actually been so long since I cleaned my windows I had to ask if pink Windolene was still sold... blush

teaiseverything Sun 25-Feb-18 21:57:11

Once a week but we don't have many at all as small, 1 bed flat. So 4 panes in bathroom, 4 in kitchen and 16 on patio doors. Polluted area so that mixed with rain just leaves them too grubby for my liking. I do the inside and DH does the outside.

GeneandFred Mon 26-Feb-18 00:11:02

Once every 2 to 3 months with an excellent cloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now