Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you're tumble drier is not next to your washing machine...

(66 Posts)
MummySparkle Sat 24-Feb-18 13:35:57

Then where is it?

At the moment I have a washer drier, but could really do with a tumble drier too as there is so much laundry!

Washer is in the kitchen, the only place for the drier would be in the basement. (Walk through kitchen & lounge then down the stairs). Is that going to drive me mad that they're so far apart? Extra advantage would be the clothes horse could be down there as could laundry sorting

MummySparkle Sat 24-Feb-18 13:37:23

YOUR tumble drier!

If you're a tumble drier you might have some issues... wink

megletthesecond Sat 24-Feb-18 13:38:05

Tumble dryer is in the back porch.

In my previous house the humble dryer lived in the front porch.

DollyMcDolly Sat 24-Feb-18 13:38:23

Garage

RestingBitchFaced Sat 24-Feb-18 13:39:25

In the shed. Washing machine is by back door so quite close

TallulahBetty Sat 24-Feb-18 13:40:42

My washing machine IS my tumble drier grin

wizzywig Sat 24-Feb-18 13:41:27

Garage. And to be fair anywhere you put it will mean emptying the washine machine to put the clothes into the dryer

PlectrumElectrum Sat 24-Feb-18 13:41:30

In outside 'cupboard' in back garden. Pain in the butt not having it in kitchen but mine is too big to get in door (awkward narrow doorway that backs onto a cupboard). I'd stick it in a corner if you can get away with it. Traipsing heavy damp washing through house to get to dryer is a chore I loathe with a passion.

OhBergine Sat 24-Feb-18 13:42:53

Washing machine in utility room, tumble dryer in shed!

slashdragon Sat 24-Feb-18 13:47:58

Mine is in the garage with an open side door open garage door - I'd like a door put through but expensive!

MummySparkle Sat 24-Feb-18 14:22:44

Hmm, food for thought then!

We're changing up the basement (got rid of the exercise bike) so I'm trying to think of best use for it. I think for now I'll stick to having the airer in there. It takes 20seconds from washer to airer...

WidoWanky Sat 24-Feb-18 14:22:55

On top. Sitting on a useful bracket with a pull out drawer.

lucysmam Sat 24-Feb-18 14:30:17

Mine is in the pantry.

If the plumbing for the washer didn't mean that it came out half way across the window, I'd have it above like WidoWanky.

Hopefully be able to get some work done in the kitchen soon ish though & do that!

HeyMicky Sat 24-Feb-18 14:35:48

Wall mounted above

dingdongdigeridoo Sat 24-Feb-18 14:52:24

Kitchen cupboard. Weird place to put it but that was our only choice. I got an extra long hose to feed it into the garden.

SneakyGremlins Sat 24-Feb-18 14:53:21

Washer is in the kitchen and dryer is at the top of the stairs into the lounge blush

Eminybob Sat 24-Feb-18 14:58:06

At the moment they are stacked in the kitchen by the side door, which is handy but looks messy.

We are re-doing the kitchen and washer is going to go under counter (then when it conks out get an intergrated one as kitchen man is making us an extra door)
And the drier is going in the cupboard under the stairs, the door to which is in the kitchen so not too far from the washer.

I would love to have a utility but we only have a small house.

greendale17 Sat 24-Feb-18 14:58:58

Garage

OhMyGodTheyKilledKenny Sat 24-Feb-18 15:01:59

Have you got plumbing in the basement that means you could put the washing machine down there too ?
All in one place and out of the way then

VileyRose Sat 24-Feb-18 15:03:32

Mines on top of the washing machine!

alsoundercover Sat 24-Feb-18 15:09:27

Currently washer in the kitchen and dryer in the garage, but we have a door from our hall to the garage.

New house (all being well) has a utility. Room for both but current owners use drier space for shoes. Currently debating what we would do as garage will be detached.

HildaZelda Sat 24-Feb-18 15:09:54

Mine is in the shed. I don't have anywhere to put it in the kitchen and I don't have a utility. It's a pain if it's raining but to be honest, I only really use it for towels and bed linen so it's not on too often.

IPokeBadgers Sat 24-Feb-18 15:13:11

Garage. Total PITA but better than no tumble drier. Small semi detached bungalow, no utility room. Could have tumble drier in kitchen after a revamp but I the dishwasher is a sacrifice I am not prepared to make.

8misskitty8 Sat 24-Feb-18 15:13:56

Mine is in the spare bedroom upstairs.
It’s great, since it’s upstairs all the stuff comes out the drier and most goes straight into the drawers/wardrobes.

CotswoldStrife Sat 24-Feb-18 15:15:10

Tumble dryer is in kitchen, washing machine in small utility directly off the kitchen. When the washing machine breaks, I'd love a washer/dryer to get the space back. Unfortunately the boiler is on the wall above the washer so I can't stack them, which is what I did in a previous property.

I don't use the tumble dryer a lot so I think I'd be fine with a washer/dryer and have had one before.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: