Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Mumsnet has just made me cry.

(6 Posts)
Peopleplease Fri 23-Feb-18 22:54:33

I was just on the style & beauty board reading a thread about jeans. There was a ‘this may also interest you’ thing at the bottom of the page with links to different articles.

I clicked on one that was funny responses to pregnancy announcements (something like that anyway) and there was my story of how my Dad reacted to my announcement. I must have contributed to a thread. I’m crying because Dad passed away before I had DD2 and he would have loved her. She reminds me of him sometimes. He doted on DD1.

The story was basically silence from him then started talking about sheep!

zzzzz Fri 23-Feb-18 22:58:20

He’s still here in the memories and the love.

I’m so glad you had a lovely sheep focused Dad.smile

FlibbertyGiblets Fri 23-Feb-18 22:58:33

Oh how bittersweet. Have a cry, and a gentle arm stroke.

TresDesolee Fri 23-Feb-18 22:59:44

aw. That must feel really sad and strange. My mother died years ago, I was looking at my teenage kids the other day and thinking she hasn’t seen them for over ten years, and it made me really tearful. She thought they were the bees’ knees when they were babies. (God knows what she’d think of them now but I wish she was here to tell me.) flowers

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 24-Feb-18 13:55:09

Oh OP, flowers for you. We're sorry we made you cry!

Peopleplease Sat 24-Feb-18 18:00:19

Ironically enough - the thread is in the ‘this may interest you’ bit right under this thread!!

Not really mumsnet fault - it was just unexpected. It’s actually kinda nice.

www.mumsnet.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-announcements-baffling-reactions

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: