Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone who believes in woo - please help!

(54 Posts)
freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:02:27

Back story is that my gran died a couple of months ago. We were close and I really miss her. Since she died, weird stuff has been happening at my house (she never visited this house). Lights are on which I am sure I have turned off. Items that I had go missing, and despite searching for them, they then reappear in the exact locations I had looked for them.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been dreaming about her a lot. She isn’t usually in the dream, but the dream is either that her presence is here in this house I live in, or more often that I am in her house. I wake up from the dreams really scared.

I read a dream analysis of dreaming about people who had died, and it suggested that there might be something unresolved and that they may be trying to pass on a message.

So tonight I got my tarot cards out (they are new, I’ve used them once before) and I asked if she had a message for me. The card I pulled was the devil card. I was freaked out. I shuffled the pack, asked again if she had a message for me, and pulled the devil card again. By this point I am completely freaking out, and put the cards away. About 2 minutes later there was a crash in the bathroom, and a box that contained 3 balls as part of a bath toy that had been on the side of the bath had fallen on the floor.

I’m terrified, and don’t know what to do!

BeesAndChiscuits Fri 23-Feb-18 21:05:01

I’m sorry for your loss. flowers

I think the woo stuff is bobbins, but I my condolences go to you for the loss of your gran.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:08:21

Thanks Bees. I’m hoping it’s all a load of crap too. Then I might stop panicking! Tarot cards are finding a new home first thing tomorrow!

Thanks for your condolences smile

SleepFreeZone Fri 23-Feb-18 21:12:55

My dad died in December and I have not had one woo thing happen even though I’ve been brought up surrounded by spiritualism, own tarot cards etc. My mother and sister have apparently had visitations, I have had a big fat zero, so I don’t really believe abdvwould suggest you are manifesting these dreams through your anxiety and the rest of the stuff is just coincidence or your house playing silly buggers.

grasspigeons Fri 23-Feb-18 21:15:16

Get a C of E or Catholic exorcist round if you are worried

Umakemefeellikedancing Fri 23-Feb-18 21:15:38

What did the devil card say? If you were very close then her presence should hopefully be a positive but who knows.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:16:13

Sleep I’m so sorry for your loss flowers

Do you mean your mum and sister have had visitations from your dad? I have a friend whose mum died fairly recently too, she really believes in woo but said she hasn’t had anything since her mum died, but says that so far she hasn’t been ready to and wonders if that is why nothing has happened? She isn’t open to it at the moment?

LondonHereICome Fri 23-Feb-18 21:16:40

What does the devil card mean?

Healthywealthyandwise Fri 23-Feb-18 21:17:53

I think the 'woo' stuff is all coincidences.

It's really normal to dream about the person when you are bereaved and that is about you sorting things out in your own head and not someone trying to contact you from beyond.

Sorry for your loss.

lolaflores Fri 23-Feb-18 21:20:32

Grief does the oddest things to our hearts and our heads. It distracts us, confuses us and leads us to believe in things because they ease the pain though really they just light a fire under it.
Grief is very hard, it hurts so very much and there is way round it but it can lead you down some horrible side roads but it is a natural process though it is horrible. In time, it will settle a bit, you will manage it a bit better.
Your Granny would most likely want you to stay in the light, keep her in your thoughts in the best possible way and tell you that it will be alright in a bit.
Take care of yourself flowers i really feel for you.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:20:37

The explanation of the devil card in the pack says it “represents the conflict of opposites”. It says you are tied to a commitment that is enslaving you but it is your perception of the situation that allows it to continue in a way that is ultimately unsatisfying. A financial agreement, relationship or career commitment has become imprisonment rather than liberation. Follow your higher instincts and protect your long term future. In one jump you can be free.

That does make sense to me. I am right at the end of the divorce process. But it’s the opposite advice that I would expect my gran to give - she doesn’t want me to get divorced!

LittleLights Fri 23-Feb-18 21:20:52

The Devil card is not a bad thing.

LittleLights Fri 23-Feb-18 21:21:57

Are you not getting enough of a settlement from the divorce?

Thinkingofausername1 Fri 23-Feb-18 21:23:12

Throw the cards away. Look up house cleansing prayers. Your Gran wouldn't want to scare you, it's to do with the cards.

Nims45 Fri 23-Feb-18 21:25:33

For about 3 months after my grandmother (who I was very close to) died the TV would turn itself off if I ever I watched it during the day.

To this day I believe it was my grandmother telling me to get out there and stop moping round!!

Also a friend's sibling died and my friend woke up a few times to see her framed photos all over the lounge floor and pictures moved on her wall. I believe it is possible your grandmother is trying to send you a message or is in shock that she has died.

I wouldn't bother with tarot cards at the moment but perhaps you could write your grandmother a letter to explain what she meant to you? I believe she could be trying to communicate somehow but could be in some kind of limbo.

Perhaps you could reassure her she meant a lot to you and you will never forget her, etc.

Vitalogy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:26:00

This is what Wiki says it means.

The card represents: Being seduced by the material world and physical pleasures; lust for and an obsession with money and power. Also: Living in fear, domination and bondage; being caged by an overabundance of luxury; discretion should be used in personal and business matters.

OhPuddleducks Fri 23-Feb-18 21:26:52

Sage the rooms? Failing that, I don’t think your gran would want you to feel afraid.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:27:29

Nims when the TV turned off did it scare you, or did it feel ok?

LittleLights it’s not a great deal, but it’s reasonable

SomeKnobend Fri 23-Feb-18 21:27:50

I'm not very woo, but I like interpreting dreams! Could the 'conflict of opposites' be your nan's, not yours? As in, she wants to move on, but feels obliged to stay to keep an eye on you and make sure you're ok - especially if she left under the impression that this divorce may be a bad thing for you? Perhaps she feels the need to be with you and let you feel her presence and protection (being in her house) until the divorce is finalised and she can see you're ok?

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:28:48

vitalogy I shouldn’t complain about the divorce settlement then!

AnoiaUnstickMyDrawers Fri 23-Feb-18 21:31:41

Stop and think a minute. If it is your Gran, why would she bear you any ill will at all? If you believe in tarot then try again. First Google search for devil card brings up

Upright: Bondage, addiction, sexuality, materialism

Reversed: Detachment, breaking free, power reclaimed

So hardly anything to panic about.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:31:51

Some that’s a really interesting way of looking at it. I’ll ponder that a while.

The dream I had last night was that I was in her old house, and it was after she had died. I was having to stay in her house by myself, in her bedroom (where she died). I didn’t want to be staying there, I felt alone and scared. In the dream I had to close the blinds on the windows (which IRL I don’t think she has), but I didn’t want to and was saying in the dream “why do o have to do this?”. I then woke up feeling really scared. I needed to go to the loo IRL but had to turn the lights on to go I was that scared. And that NEVER happens to me.

freakingpeaking Fri 23-Feb-18 21:33:14

Anoia none of those really make much sense! It was upright and not reversed.

And yes I’d like to think she wouldn’t wish me any ill will. But she was pretty against me getting divorced.

BeesAndChiscuits Fri 23-Feb-18 21:34:04

Can I do some counter-woo here? If you have a fully shuffled pack of tarot cards, any time you draw a single card from the major arcana you have a 4.5% chance of it being the devil.

But the thing about tarot cards, is that there are a bunch of cards which you might find particularly meaningful or poignant after a bereavement, including death, the tower, the hanged man, the sun, the fool. All of these have symbolism which can be fitted to circumstances involving life change, looking back or looking forward.

Just think of tarot cards as horoscopes on a wheel of fortune: instead of getting some prompts for reflection and life advice chosen for you by your month of birth, it’s just a randomised way of doing it.

I have to add a disclaimer: I am a scientist and a complete sceptic, but I don’t want to offend those with different beliefs - I’m just making clear that these are not my beliefs. brew

LittleLights Fri 23-Feb-18 21:35:57

I think you are struggling with accepting her passing, perhaps this is her way of saying she is ok.

She won't be against your divorce anymore and wants you to move on from it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now