Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Dr MN

(19 Posts)
ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:35:54

Any advice anyone?

I’ve felt waves of nausea for the best part of the last month, occasional vertigo during that time and a weird crampy

Candlelights Fri 23-Feb-18 20:36:52

Pregnant?

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:38:40

Hmm ok, tried pressing the cross on the advert that just popped up and managed to post by mistake!!

Back to the story: weird crampy twinges on the left lower side of my tummy. AF was this week (longer and heavier than normal but now stopped) and I took a pg test that was BFN, so def not pg.

Any ideas? How long would you leave slightly weedy symptoms before talking to GP?

Quartz2208 Fri 23-Feb-18 20:41:30

Cant help but have had similiar symptoms (not pregnant either). Currently looking at it with the doctors with blood tests.

Do you get lightheaded/dizzy and nausea as that is mainly my symptoms

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:43:21

Sometimes lightheaded with the nausea sometimes without. It doesn’t seem to come or go with food (I’m testing lots of food to see what might make it go grin )

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:44:30

I am TTC at the moment, so possibly just over-analysing symptoms even though I’m not pg this month!

Quartz2208 Fri 23-Feb-18 20:44:32

Yep same. Sometimes I can eat a lot and sometimes dont want to eat anything at all.

I tend to have cramps round the back though. As I said no idea what it is though!

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:45:02

Hope your tests give a definitive answer Quartz

Quartz2208 Fri 23-Feb-18 20:46:23

yes will come back. At the moment they are thinking blood pressure issues

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 20:51:43

I was diagnosed with vertigo as a teenager and told my blood pressure was too low and kept dipping, put on drugs to stabilise it for a couple of weeks. 20 years later and it’s permanently too high! Maybe that would be a good check for me to start with, I could drop into the pharmacy in the morning

Quartz2208 Fri 23-Feb-18 21:00:56

Yes I would it what the doctor appears to think it maybe for me (we are just eliminating anything else)

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:02:37

Thanks Doc!

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:10:39

I need to sort it out before my next AF though as I’d absolutely convinced myself I was pg this month with all these symptoms (coupled with the fact I’m wiped out exhausted, but my eczema magically cleared pretty much overnight despite being a disaster for the last few months!)

chickhonhoneybabe Fri 23-Feb-18 21:13:31

If you’re TTC, you’re probably looking out for pregnancy/ovulation signs.

Lower abdominal cramps could be ovulation pains, I get them on my left hand side then lots of stretch mucous.

Feeling sick/light headed could be you’re hoping you’re pregnant, or a number of other things (viral (it’s winter and there’s lots of bugs going around), low blood pressure might mean you’re dehydrated it can make you feel dizzy/sick, being hungry can also make you feel sick/dizzy).

Perhaps try eating a balanced diet and drinking lots of fluids, also start taking folic acid and a multivitamin

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:14:49

Thanks Chick, all sounds sensible

chickhonhoneybabe Fri 23-Feb-18 21:15:20

If you’re tired all of the time also go to your GP and ask for a blood test to check your iron levels (folate and b12) and vitamin D levels

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:20:12

I had a B12 deficiency when I was pg with my dd but it was normal last time I was tested (when I had a mmc last year). Don’t think it’s that this time. Have been taking folic acid for about 6 months now - but stopped the multi-vits when my eczema flared, as I thought it might have been connected

lolaflores Fri 23-Feb-18 21:24:13

Any chance you are constipated?
I get pain in my side, really awful plus nausea and general yuck then realise I haven't been to the loo, proeperly in 4 days. Once went a week....that wasnt pretty.
Just a thought.
Mind you I put everything down to poo or non poo so feel free to ignore me.

ditzzy Fri 23-Feb-18 21:29:53

Good thought, but no, all normal in that department at the moment - and this has been going on for weeks now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: