Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Should I take threat to kill me seriously?

(8 Posts)
snowboardingchamp Fri 23-Feb-18 15:04:15

A few weeks ago I had an explosive arguement with my ex over our DD (2) and the classes he's booked for her without my knowledge.

Anyway, during our arguement he said to me, "This is why exes/mothers of children end up dead".

He's been abusive to me, physically in the past.

I've been thinking about what he's said for weeks and maybe I'm being paranoid but one I really do believe he might kill me when he snaps.

I was thinking of getting a restraining order or disappearing but not sure if I can do this as he'll want to see DD. Plus I have no evidence of him saying it, but I have reported him to the police and Women's Aid in the past.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 23-Feb-18 15:05:41

Yes. Please please do.

MsGameandWatching Fri 23-Feb-18 15:06:14

Yes, you should. I think you should pick up the phone and contact the police immediately. Even if he wasn't serious that abusive, bullying arsehole needs some police to put the frighteners on him.

MsGameandWatching Fri 23-Feb-18 15:07:55

FWIW my ex used to say the same even threatening to slit my throat. He attacked me in front of my kids eventually and I called the police. Seeing that snivelling bully being man handled into a police van was one of the best sights of my life.

tafftum Fri 23-Feb-18 15:21:10

Yes op, please do!!
They'll have logs of your previous complaints which will help in your favour! Even if he was joking, what a bizarre joke especially because of his past behaviour.

Bloomed Fri 23-Feb-18 15:22:50

PoptartPoptart Fri 23-Feb-18 15:25:42

Report. Do not hesitate.

MissionItsPossible Fri 23-Feb-18 15:38:31

Do it right now. Don't even wait for any more replies. Right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now