Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things that could be improved with just a little imagination

(39 Posts)
MycatsaPirate Fri 23-Feb-18 14:38:20

The Eiffel Tower. It surely needs a helter skelter ride round the outside? Then after trekking for hours to get up there you at least get to whizz down on a small piece of carpet?

Vaccum cleaners need to automatically play 'I want to break free' when switched on. It would either motivate you to do the whole house or make you hurry up and finish hovering.

honeyroar Fri 23-Feb-18 14:40:37

Haha, love it!

BeyondThePage Fri 23-Feb-18 14:53:17

The oven timer needs a voice de-activator for when it is done

"just stop beeping FGS, I'm getting there" should be recognised... (or "SHUT UP")

BeyondThePage Fri 23-Feb-18 14:53:47

oops - sorry - entirely practical rather than fun!

MycatsaPirate Fri 23-Feb-18 14:55:11

A handy 'cut out and keep guide' for newly engaged couples on how not to act like utter dicks in the run up to their hen/stag do/wedding. They should have to attend an office where any misdemeanours could be reported by bridesmaids, best man, friends and family. The couple could then be penalised by having to have really shitty bridesmaids dresses or hold their stag/hen do in a caravan in Skegness in January.

MycatsaPirate Fri 23-Feb-18 14:56:06

No, I like that. Shut the fuck up is regularly said to every bleeping appliance in this house. It could then apologise nicely and say 'I'll wait quietly'.

squishysquirmy Fri 23-Feb-18 15:00:42

Pain brushes should have a little metal bit on the handle to help you open paint tins.

HangtheblessedDJ Fri 23-Feb-18 15:04:07

Mirrors could say 'how YOU doing?'

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 23-Feb-18 15:06:26

Chocolate, cakes, crisps, cheese etc should all be packaged in a collage of your worst photos to deter you from stuffing your face with any more food! grin Have scoffed quite a bit today even though my jeans are a bit too snug.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Fri 23-Feb-18 15:08:58

Electric toothbrushes should play a selection of songs of the appropriate length instead of having a timer.

MycatsaPirate Fri 23-Feb-18 15:09:57

Umbrellas could play 'it's raining men' or 'raindrops keep falling on your head' so you can sing along as you trudge along in the rain.

lamettarules Fri 23-Feb-18 15:14:19

I've long thought that pushchairs should have a speaking tube from toddler ear level coming up via handles ,so that the pusher could chat with toddler .

TheBlackLodge Fri 23-Feb-18 15:15:08

Gyms, alongside all the boring treadmills and stuff, should have adult-sized playground equipment. I reckon half an hour on the swings is at least as good as most other workouts. And I feel like a dick going on the ones in the park.

BeyondThePage Fri 23-Feb-18 15:33:09

TheBlackLodge - I LOVE it! and I think you are right, would be a great way to exercise - on the swings, up the ladder on the slide! great fun grin

MycatsaPirate Fri 23-Feb-18 15:39:34

All statues should be dressed every day. They could get local primary school children to choose clothing.

All those boring grey statues would become wonderful, brightly coloured icons to brighten our days.

puddleduckmummy Fri 23-Feb-18 16:04:31

This was not what I was expecting when I misread the title. But I love this thread, have me genuinely more pleasure reading it when I realised what you actually meant! I'd have earphones that bellowed 'I can't hear you and I don't want to talk to you, please fuck off' for when people try to talk to me when I have earphones in.

puddleduckmummy Fri 23-Feb-18 16:05:43

And Would definitely go the gym more if they had a swing grin

callmekitten Fri 23-Feb-18 16:17:45

The oven timer needs a voice de-activator for when it is done

Likewise, smoke detectors should have this feature so that when you set them off while cooking, you don't have to decide between letting them blare at you or letting your dinner burn while you go to turn them off.

Andrewofgg Fri 23-Feb-18 16:50:11

MILs should have a mute button and a fast forward button.

MycatsaPirate Manneken Pis in Brussels has a huge wardrobe and the Fire Brigade dress him in a different outfit every day.

backformoreanditsmyfault Fri 23-Feb-18 17:26:50

TheBlackLodge Love the idea of adult play equipment in gyms. In China they do have that kind of thing.

backformoreanditsmyfault Fri 23-Feb-18 17:28:42

TheBlackLodge Or is it Japan? I must go and google to find out. Either way, both of those countries have low obesity rates compared to the UK. If we had that kind of thing here I reckon obesity rates woould fall by half or more

backformoreanditsmyfault Fri 23-Feb-18 17:32:00

Google says China. And they install the adult playgrounds in the parks. sounds like fun.

clearsommespace Fri 23-Feb-18 17:37:42

Surely your food is already burning if it sets off the smoke alarm!
Swinging is great for the abs!

clearsommespace Fri 23-Feb-18 17:38:57

When we live in the house of our dreams we'll have a slide alongside the stairs. And a bathroom above the laundry room, with a dirty washing chute.

iklboo Fri 23-Feb-18 17:56:28

<signs up to @TheBlackLodge's gym>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: