Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Any one around? 111 or not? TMI

(11 Posts)
stressedandembarassed Fri 23-Feb-18 01:15:41

We are on holiday in the middle of nowhere, woke up half an hour ago with the feeling i needed to poo. Sat on the loo for a while, not much happened but when I came to wipe the tissue was covered in blood so much so I thought I'd started period (I'm on depo and have no periods) I then looked and the toilet bowl water was pretty red.
Now even more TMI I've felt a bit itchy and sore so maybe piles or a tear but the nhs website says call 999 or go to A&E for red toilet water.
Nearest A&E is about 25 miles away I think and I'm worried if I ring 111 they will send ambulance which will be super embarrassing if It's only piles.
Both me and DP had wine earlier so couldn't drive yet.
Can anyone reassure me that I'm doing the right thing sitting it out and seeing how i am tomorrow?

carriewintermeadow Fri 23-Feb-18 01:19:24

Is it still bleeding?

I've had this before and it stopped straight away once I'd finished. It was piles.

I'd be tempted to sit it out unless you carry on bleeding heavily. If there's just a residual spot of blood on the toilet paper i wouldn't worry.

I'm not a doctor though.

stressedandembarassed Fri 23-Feb-18 01:22:43

Nope nothing else. Sounds like the same I think. I've had the odd spot before not that much. We go home tomorrow so can see GP if needed.
I'm guessing if it was serious I'd be in actual pain too not just a sore bottom!

FreeNiki Fri 23-Feb-18 01:24:08

Ive had that. Tmi too but it was dripping with blood for days after. It was fine. Gp said.nothing serious

stressedandembarassed Fri 23-Feb-18 01:27:49

That's reassuring thank you. I should really try and sleep and stop googling. I know mumsnet isn't a doctor and all that shiz but imagine the embarrassment if 111 sent an ambulance because I had piles!
shock

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 23-Feb-18 02:08:29

You don't bleed from your anus for nothing.
Hopefully it's just because you've strained too much. Definitely get yourself checked over tomorrow. Oh and I agree about staying away from Google. That has you thinking you're dying.

Hollyandtheiveee Fri 23-Feb-18 02:16:46

Was it sore as you went? I have this sometimes and always know when it’s a bit sore that there will be blood on tissue/in pan. Mind is due to a fissure that seems to sometimes reoccur

SlummyMummy1974 Fri 23-Feb-18 02:55:39

I’ve had this a few times and it was piles and a little tear (oh thank you kids for ruining my body!). If blood was pouring out of your bum then yes it’s definitely a hospital job. But as it’s stopped and nothing else is happening, simply make a doctors appointment when you get home to get it checked out. It is most likely a tear or piles but if it’s unusual for you, DO get it checked. Sometimes I go and I don’t even feel a tear or anything but there’s lots of blood when I wipe and the toilet is full of what looks like blood, but even only a few drops of blood dropped into water can look like a massacre! Don’t worry tonight, you are fine to just go to bed and stop worrying. Don’t ever google symptoms, it will tell you you are dying! My ex once said he had to go to A&E for a simple cold once, because he googled his symptoms (he was a proper wuss and mummy’s boy), and I told him if he went to A& E for a cold I would divorce him. He didn’t go but I divorced him anyway! (There is no moral to that story other than don’t Google symptoms!) 😂

Faze84 Fri 23-Feb-18 04:02:25

I had this too. Its freaked me out the amount of blood in loo. This was a few days ago and nothing since when pooing. Ive booked a docs appt anyway. Im 7 weeks post partum which probably doesn't help as had external piles in pregnancy.

Paperdolly Fri 23-Feb-18 05:07:42

My BIL once had this and it turned out to be the jar of beetroot he'd tucked into the previous evening 🙄. He was sooo embarrassed.

Hope you're feeling a little calmer and will get it checked out back at home. I hate it when things like this happen on holidays. X

stressedandembarassed Fri 23-Feb-18 06:55:45

Thanks all! I feel calmer this morning just very tired! Appreciate the words of reassurance.
Off to undo this name change now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: