Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Book recommendations please - where people (main character) becomes someone else

(10 Posts)
RickLemon Thu 22-Feb-18 21:23:00

I've just finished re-reading 2 childhood favourites:Charlotte Sometimes and The Bewitching of Alison Albright. I like the main themes in these two books (which I can't articulate properly as I'm tired and a bit crap) - transformation? Mistaken identity?
Can anyone recommend similar books to me please!! (Or put into words what I cannot!)

Marv1nGay3 Thu 22-Feb-18 21:39:06

Ovid Metamorphoses? Not exactly what you are looking for maybe, but a surprisingly good read!

RickLemon Thu 22-Feb-18 22:06:43

Thanks ..perhaps when I'm feeling a little more erudite?!

LittleHearts Sat 24-Feb-18 03:22:27

I came on here to suggest Charlotte Sometimes!

In Bill's New Frock by Anne Fine, Bill wakes up as a girl. Also in the Flossie Teacake books Flossie becomes a teenager when wearing a fur coat. Woof! By Alan Alhberg, the boy turns into a dog.

I suspect all these are a bit more childish than you wanted.

You might enjoy The Accidental Time Traveller by Sharon Griffiths. Although the main character doesn't change identify as such, I think you might like it.

LittleHearts Sat 24-Feb-18 03:23:32

* Indentity

LittleHearts Sat 24-Feb-18 03:24:23

* Identity grin blush

Blogwoman Sat 24-Feb-18 04:15:16

The Time Traveller’s Wife, by Audrey Niffeneger. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - I loved that & so did several people I know (characters don’t change into other people but there’s mistaken identity). Other children’s books - Freaky Friday springs to mind.

Blogwoman Sat 24-Feb-18 04:17:37

Oh & The Metamorphosis by Kafka.

JolieColombe Sat 24-Feb-18 04:44:27

The Ivy Tree by Mary Stewart, bit of a take on the mistaken identity/inheritance trope.

theculture Sat 24-Feb-18 05:14:31

The prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope

Someone has to pretend to be the king of (fictional) Ruritania

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: