Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Sick to death of period pain ruling my life and keeping me awake all night

(58 Posts)
TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 00:21:12

Warning - contains a lot of self pity

But seriously WTF?

It’s a fairly recent occurance after 30yrs of trouble free periods. Have had gynae investigations for unrelated issues which found a 6x6cm cyst. It’s all being blamed on that but I can’t see how a cyst can cause crippling cyclical pain? It’s beyond a joke. NSAIDs make me vomit so I’m taking 30/500 cocodamol but it’s not even taking the edge off. What else can I ask for? We haven’t got a bath or I’d be in it.

I’m thinking poss endo but could that have come on over a 4mth timespan? I’ve not taken hormonal contraceptives for 11yrs. Periods not heavy.

I’m rambling.

Am so tired and can’t get to sleep. Cocodamol makes my mouth so dry as well. Fucked off. Kids are prob sick of me lay on the sofa groaning for days on end poor sods.

I want my mum but I’m nearly 40 with a husband and children so that hardly seems appropriate.

sad

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 00:59:32

Anyone? I can’t lie still because of the pain. And I’ve woken dd up somehow.

Teabagtits Wed 21-Feb-18 01:01:54

Have you tried mefanemic acid? That with strong cocodamol really helped me cope with crippling pain. Having a baby got rid of the pain completely

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 01:06:54

Thanks for replying. Mefenamic acid made me projectile vomit sadly.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 02:23:38

Longest. Night. Ever.

TheLovelyHorse Wed 21-Feb-18 02:27:16

Hey. Fibroid here, with it's own menstrual cycle apparently.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 02:31:20

How nice for you. Is it painful?

welshweasel Wed 21-Feb-18 02:31:37

Solidarity! Also awake despite oxycodone. Just started an ivf cycle and th drugs have made this period even more shitty than usual. Really hoping it works so I can hurry up with the hysterectomy. Endo would definitely be a possibility, you should ask for a referral as this level of pain is not normal.
Do you have a hot water bottle?

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 02:33:58

Yes but I can’t bear the weight of it on me. I’ve got an elec heat wrap thing but it’s making me sweaty. This is like nothing I’ve felt since being in labour. I’m under gynae for the cyst but the pain is being blamed on that without much deeper though imo. Who knows.

Good luck with the ivf.

NQismyhome Wed 21-Feb-18 02:34:36

Sounds horrendous sad
I’m afraid I have no suggestions but I’m also awake.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 02:37:40

Sucks to be us hey flowers

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 02:52:29

Battery dying on phone now so I’ll have to unplug heat wrap thing to charge it. Ffs. And I’ve got tongo downstairs to get it. Which will annoy the cat.

As a TMI footnote, I’m constipated which I think is making the pain worse. I’ve taken stuff for it but obv it takes a while to work.

💩

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 03:02:00

Unplugged clock instead of heat wrap. Who cares what time it is.

Actually feel like I’m in labour confused
(Def not preg - numerous pelvic scans recently).

Groovee Wed 21-Feb-18 03:20:27

I had painful heavy periods. Went to the dr, given some meds which didn't work. Got a referral to Gynae who suggested an endometrial ablation. But I needed a lower BMI. Lost the weight and finally in July I had the procedure. Woke up in agony and regretted it for a few hours. Got home to my own bed. Woke up and the pain had settled and life has been fab ever since. I get very little bleeding or pain now and life isn't about focusing on toilet stops and changes of clothes. I bled every day for 6 months on the mini pill.

Am 40 now and had completed my family, so it was the best option to take x

PersianCatLady Wed 21-Feb-18 03:25:41

Unplugged clock instead of heat wrap. Who cares what time it is
Fuck the clock, your phone will tell you the time!!

Hope you feel better soon.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 04:53:54

Well I managed 45 mins sleep. Thanks for replies.

kitchensinkmum Wed 21-Feb-18 04:58:58

Have you concidered an endometrial oblasion ? Then you'd have no periods. I think you have to be over 40 and not want any more children.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 05:12:34

I’ve not thought about it as this is a relatively new problem. Since Oct maybe? I’ve had scans and was told my uterus is enlarged but that it may just be normal for me like that. But I wasn’t having these symptoms then. I’m having the cyst removed in a few weeks so will be before my next period so I’ll be able to speak to the surgeon then. Am going to phone gp when the surgery opens to ask for stronger painkillers but I can’t drive like this and dh away so will have to try and find someone to help pick the prescription up. Family not local and most friends don’t drive or will be working. This is frightening me a bit now.

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 05:16:11

Ok so I’ve googled endometrial ablation and it’s for heavy bleeding really which I don’t have at all. Periods are 3 days, maybe 4 and really only 36hrs are what I would call heavy but it’s perfectly manageable.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Time to get up soon yay.

NQismyhome Wed 21-Feb-18 05:35:15

I’m awake again too!
I’m just debating whether to get up or not confused

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 05:37:13

I’ll wake dc if I get up so need to leave it a while longer.

NQismyhome Wed 21-Feb-18 05:39:02

Yes, that definitely sounds the better plan.
How are you feeling now?

TieDyedBumhole Wed 21-Feb-18 05:48:32

The same. My whole pelvic area is agony confused I’ve taken all the drugs I can now til noon as well shocksad but I’m not sure they’re helping anyway. Hysterectomy please! Thank you for replying to me. I’ve needed something to do all night flowers

NQismyhome Wed 21-Feb-18 05:50:00

Is it any better during the day?

NQismyhome Wed 21-Feb-18 05:52:37

You have my greatest sympathy!
I am the world’s best sleeper. Anywhere, anytime, any place. However, on the very rare occasion I can’t sleep, it feels like the end of the world (dramatic!!). I can’t imagine how it feels to regularly get no sleep or even worse be in pain and awake!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: