Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

When you realise what a high powered lifestyle you have

(277 Posts)
user1494521813 Tue 20-Feb-18 11:47:55

Yesterday whilst shopping in M&S i saw a pack of pains aux raisins reduced to 95 pence best before date 19 Feb I was pleased at this so I bought them. This morning I ate both, no gaps inbetween just a straight scoff and on the 20 Feb happy days!! I was wondering whether I am the only one who lives such an exciting life or are there others out there? I am now off to tackle cat sick on sofa and then the washing mountainsmile

justbeingmyself Tue 20-Feb-18 11:49:39

I feel like this. Just went on holiday to the supermarket on my own. Got a massive bag of marshmallows to eat on the way back. That's a rock and roll lifestyle, right there grin

dimsum123 Tue 20-Feb-18 11:51:55

I've just ordered a handheld vacuum for same day delivery. It's arriving tonight and I'm excited about cleaning the stairs with it!

I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!

clearsommespace Tue 20-Feb-18 11:57:28

dimsum DH treated himself to a handheld vacuum cleaner for Christmas.
The novelty still hasn't worn off.
It's the best thing that's happened in weeks!

CannotEvenThink Tue 20-Feb-18 12:02:22

This morning I bought a pack of 6 hot cross buns reduced to 50p. I have so far eaten 4 of them and watched Buffy all morning. I have a feeling I should perhaps do some cleaning, maybe make dinner for tonight. But then the next episode is the series finale and I'm goi g to be working all weekend so this is my day off right?

ArseholesOnToast Tue 20-Feb-18 12:04:03

I’m watching Bargain Hunt and eating my way through a tub of halo topics cream (cinnamon roll flavour if you’re interested).

I’m going out to move the car presently now there’s space outside.

Boom!

ArseholesOnToast Tue 20-Feb-18 12:04:44

Halo top ice cream even!

mumsiedarlingrevolta Tue 20-Feb-18 12:06:45

Spent ages on Facebook chatting with a friend who posted pic of her new iron about how much we loved our irons.

Living the life I always dreamt of wink

FusionChefGeoff Tue 20-Feb-18 12:08:32

I have actually done a meal plan for this week and it gives me a frisson if joy, excitement and pride every time I look at it.

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room

Lovelylovelyladies Tue 20-Feb-18 12:09:53

Oooh I am so exciting. Today I brought 3 boxes of nit shampoo and 2 bottles of tea tree conditioner. I am spending my evening de liceing a family of 5. Well DH can do himself!

mogloveseggs Tue 20-Feb-18 12:11:06

Found a spotted dick cake in Asda just now. Nobody else will eat it-I'm going to demolish it with a pot of tea later grin

missmaxie Tue 20-Feb-18 12:15:57

Love this!

I've just polished all my shoes and boots and feel very smug with myself WTAF?

Rock n roll!

AutumnGlitterBall Tue 20-Feb-18 12:19:31

I was delighted when my Groupon ordered steam mop arrived the other day. Can’t wait to clean the kitchen floor with it once the toddler goes for a nap!

Sarahjconnor Tue 20-Feb-18 12:23:40

I have a Madeira sponge that I froze at Xmas. I defrosted it this morning and can't wait to have a solve with butter and jam. ROCK ON!!!

alwaysthepessimist Tue 20-Feb-18 12:23:48

HA!! Love this thread - I had to go to the bank as soon as it opened this am - had a sneaky trip in to M&S after I had done it and bought myself some of their choc coated vanilla fudge and a pasta salad for my lunch, have just sat at my desk and eaten the lot without any child asking mew to share it! Also decided to take the next 2 days off so need some Netflix binge worthy recommendations that take almost no brain power please!

LaGattaNera Tue 20-Feb-18 12:24:07

I am going to tidy my wardrobes and turn all my sports trousers the right way round so I can see the pattern. Whilst doing that, I'll be listening to Radio 2 on my new DAB radio and all this to look forward to after an impromptu shop in Asda earlier today I'll be lucky to sleep tonight will this level of excitement going on grin

Sarahjconnor Tue 20-Feb-18 12:24:34

Also sorted out DS spots and was so over excited and thrilled I started a S&B thread [embarrassed]

TheJoyOfSox Tue 20-Feb-18 12:24:37

I consider myself to have an exciting life, but the joy of popping into Tesco and finding raisin bread reduced to 7p and crumpets reduced to 12p for a six pack was equal to having lunch with Sting!
I now regularly visit Tesco around 7.15 as that’s when the real bargains are to be had. Even though I do my big shop at Sainsbury’s I do go treasure hunting at Tesco.

Sarahjconnor Tue 20-Feb-18 12:25:00

And I got the emoji wrong blush

PeapodBurgundy Tue 20-Feb-18 12:25:09

Just sat and worked out we can afford a beautiful house I've seen on Zoopla. Celebrated by eating DS' last Freddo. He can have a satsuma and a yoghurt for pudding. Living the high life here!

crunchymint Tue 20-Feb-18 12:25:59

I ate a bargain xmas pudding that everyone including me had forgotten about. Yum yum.

blueshoes Tue 20-Feb-18 12:33:51

I need to go to work to take me down a peg from my high powered lifestyle at home.

mimibunz Tue 20-Feb-18 12:37:38

I just inhaled a cheeky bowl of......vanilla ice cream. Before lunch. I always knew I was a wicked sort.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 20-Feb-18 12:40:45

Just mulling over the idea of a ham sandwich and strong coffee.
I'm at full throttle here. Cranking the rock volume to eleven dudes.

Skittlesandbeer Tue 20-Feb-18 12:40:50

I‘m batch cooking and freezing for our upcoming harvest season on our farm.

I found 6 mini terrine tins in our local charity shop, and am madly filling and refilling them with nourishing full meals. To save money, I’m doing daily shops (sometimes more) at our local Chinese grocery.

Today the nice owner-man who speaks very little English, made a point of coming over to me and wishing me a prosperous new year (it’s his festive period this week I think). He also gave me an extra bunch of garlic shoots for free, and a big smile.

For someone who smells like mince, and no doubt looks even worse, I feel like a million dollars!

(By the way, garlic shoots are da bomb! Flavour and ‘greens’ in one.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: