Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well don't I feel like a shit

(14 Posts)
sobeyondthehills Tue 20-Feb-18 02:16:45

DP went for a bath this evening at about 10pm, he came back down at 12am ( he suffers from a skin condition and has medication that helps when he is in the bath) I went up at around 12.30 because I heard a massive thump and didn't get a response, I banged on the door as loud as I could, then took the handle off to see if I could get to the lock, which turns out was no good. I thought I could hear him breathing so kept banging at the door assuming he might have fallen asleep.

I tried to kick through the door, or just do something, I kept listening at the door and after about 20 minutes I thought I could no longer hear him breathing, DP has a history of his family dying at a young age from heart disease so at this point I am panicking.

I called 101 and was put on hold, so I called 999 by the time the ambulance service turned up I was sawing through the door. The amubulance called his name and then banged on the door and called his name again and my partner just answered yes who are you.I could of fucking killed him

So now I feel like I have wasted valuable resources and unable to kill the guy because quite frankly I was thinking the worse.

It turned out he had gotten out the bath, slipped and smacked his head on the sink, he has been checked over and we just have to keep an eye on him, but I am changing the lock tomorrow so its easy to get in , not sure why I am writing this, but I need to calm the fuck down

Pinkbedsheets Tue 20-Feb-18 02:21:12

It’s okay. Breathe. Don’t worry you don’t the right thing, I can’t imagine how scary it must of been thinking the worst had happened to your partner. You were concerned he had hurt himself, I think anyone in your position would of done the same.

Battleax Tue 20-Feb-18 02:22:33

Don’t feel bad.

You were absolutely right that he’d had an accident. It could easily have been worse. You did the right thing.

SnowsInApril Tue 20-Feb-18 02:22:46

Why did he not respond at first? Was he unconscious after hitting his head?

SnowsInApril Tue 20-Feb-18 02:23:58

Imagine if you'd not called and it was much more serious. You were not to know! You had legitimate reason to call for help in this scenario.

Kuriusoranj Tue 20-Feb-18 02:25:38

I think you did exactly the right thing. You banged for quite some time and didn't immediately call for help in any case. Plus, it turned out that he had indeed had an accident, albeit not as serious as you'd feared. People do have serious accidents in the home, it's not unheard of. You've had quite a shock but you did do the right thing. Sweet tea and rest for you if you can.

sobeyondthehills Tue 20-Feb-18 02:28:52

SnowsInApril I assume so, he was very puzzled, when I informed him it was after 1am

Thank you Pinkbedsheets and Battleax the ambulance service were there in less than 10 minutes and I keep thinking if I had just keep banging on the door I would of gotten a response rather than wasting their time, but I had been trying to get in for a good 40 minutes

TanteRose Tue 20-Feb-18 02:29:17

you did the right thing.

Cup of sweet tea for you brew

it was a shock - you'll be okay and hopefully your Dh will be too.

SecretsRsecrets Tue 20-Feb-18 02:34:38

Jeez Op, that sounds terrifying. Why on earth do you feel bad? You did the right thing and he's okay. Even though he did come to, he still needed to be checked as people have died from concussion, do not regret calling 999. So job well done, have a cup of strong sweet tea and give him a big cuddleflowersbrew

sobeyondthehills Tue 20-Feb-18 02:35:35

I will keep an eye on him tonight, thank you all, I think I uttered some fairly stupid things when he answered, like I am going to kill him, and then my partner opens the door with just trousers on (he has psoriasis) his chest is bright red.

I am just thrilled it was nothing more serious, but also feel bad for a team of paramedics who came out to call that resulted in nothing, but people are right it could of been much much worse

SnowsInApril Tue 20-Feb-18 02:36:26

I wondered so, op. In which case I am even more convinced that you did the absolute right thing!

Unfortunate timing but up until that point you had no idea why he was unresponsive. He could have needed urgent medical attention. If that were somebody's child in this scenario they would not hesitate to call for help. It's no different!

Please try to relax, you've had a shock. Yes to tea brew

lostmyslippers Tue 20-Feb-18 02:37:58

You absolutely did the right thing! That sounds very frightening indeed. Hope you both get some rest thanks

nocoolnamesleft Tue 20-Feb-18 02:41:50

You did the right thing.

sobeyondthehills Tue 20-Feb-18 02:46:50

He is sleeping, has what I think is a huge bump on his head, I shall keep checking on him. I also have tea.

Thank you all for the kind wordssmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: