Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Hotel in Grasmere?

(10 Posts)
Clawdy Mon 19-Feb-18 21:49:55

Anyone know a nice hotel in Grasmere? Hear Lancrigg is good? Going in early August.

Mulberry72 Mon 19-Feb-18 22:31:03

Dale Lodge is lovely, and so is the Daffodil. DH & I have stayed at both for our anniversary.

Clawdy Mon 19-Feb-18 22:37:02

Thanks, Mulberry will check 'em out.

Rhubarbginmum Mon 19-Feb-18 22:39:14

A friend of mine stayed at the Daffodil for a family gathering recently and she had a lovely time.

Clawdy Tue 20-Feb-18 10:51:12

Daffodil looks lovely. Think Lancrigg was a veggie hotel but now for meat eaters too!

Namethecat Tue 20-Feb-18 10:59:12

I live about 15 miles from Grasmere so know it quite well. The Daffodil is on the main road and not in the village. It is the largest of hotels in the immediate area and very well thought of. It has a lovely spa and people book just for the afternoon tea. If you decided to go for it I would ask for a lake view room to be away from the road ( it's fairly busy but not in a major way ) It will take you a 15 minute stroll to walk into the village. Dale Head is in the village. Lancrigg ( from memory 4/5 years ago and still vegetarian ) was a tad dated.

TrickyD Tue 20-Feb-18 12:01:51

We stayed at the Wordsworth in Grasmere. Absolutely excellent, here is my Trip Advisor review if you are interested.
You will get a lot of other reviews too.

Toddlerteaplease Tue 20-Feb-18 13:24:59

If you are after a budget break. The youth hostel is nice as well. My sister used to work there.

Summerdays2014 Tue 20-Feb-18 13:26:21

The Daffodil is wonderful we have stayed here many times. Or Rothay Gardens.

MaggieFS Tue 20-Feb-18 13:30:15

We stayed at the Daffodil for a few days in the run up to a wedding there a couple of years ago. It was nice, but missed the mark on quite a few things and is not cheap, so on that basis, I wouldn't go back there. We splashed out for a treat and were left disappointed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now