Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What has made you irrationally stabby lately? (Lighthearted)

(57 Posts)
Nervousrex Mon 19-Feb-18 14:23:33

We moved to this house relatively recently. It's in a much more rural setting, with a much bigger garden, than our previous one, and I've put loads of bird feeders out; I'm very interested in British wildlife and dabble in wildlife photography, and I waste spend a lot of time watching what visits us (for those who share my interest, we had lesser redpolls on our feeders the other day! grin)

Sooo: Spring is coming, bird activity is ramping up, I'm looking forward to all the extra birdy traffic in the garden, and lo and behold, our neighbours bugger off for the week leaving Mr Noisy Bloody Builder and his Amazing Performing Diesel Van and Chainsaw to do some work on their house, thus frightening off every feathered thing within earshot between 9 and 5 every day. angry

I know I'm being unreasonable. I know it's their house and garden and they do what they like with it. But still, GRAAAAGH!

Anybody else?

HarrietKettle Mon 19-Feb-18 14:29:47

No that would piss me off! I LOVE watching the birds. Used to get a huge charm of goldfinches buzzing around every day where we used to live. But lesser redpolls shock

We get free toast at work. Lovely comforting toast and marmite on a Monday morning. The toast conveyer belt thing is set perfectly with a sign saying DO NOT ADJUST TEMP. Someone obviously has. My toast came out burnt and tasted like someone's old jumper angry

LanguidLobster Mon 19-Feb-18 14:34:26

Landlord decided (without prior notication) that the entrance hall was to be revamped.

So cat and I are currently hiding from the noise of saws and general 'let's revamp a hall'. Cat is clutching my knees in horror with two terrified paws.

Hopefully they won't knock confused and be quick quick quick.

Applesandpears23 Mon 19-Feb-18 14:38:09

The lady at the toyshop who was trying to sell me a book from the ‘That’s not my kitten it’s bottom is too pink etc etc’ range and when that failed ‘a nice musical instrument’. I had asked for help buying a present that wouldn’t annoy the parents of a 2nd child with a house full of crap.

System0matix Mon 19-Feb-18 14:38:21

Hi HarrietKettle - similar to your toaster issue, the office i'm in someone often turns the microwave to 'low' (when they're heating up their boiled eggs = vom) and doesn't turn it back to 'high'. I'll put my soup in and wonder why it's lukewarm after being in there for over 5 minutes.

Making me irrationally stabby atm is business owners who merge their personal life and their business on social media. If you have a social media a/c you use to plug your business/post images of your work I don't want every second picture to be of your kids out at the weekend. I get how some people 'start off small' if you've just started flower arranging or selling cakes etc you may post some pics on your only social media a/c, but people that are running (seemingly) successful long-running Ltd companies...gives me the rage.

Woofygoldberg Mon 19-Feb-18 14:55:01

I gave my Nephews travel cot an irrational good kicking whilst trying to pack it away- Travel cots are plotting bastards.

Embarrassingly I actually shed real tears of frustration at the number of odd socks both DP & I have last week. Totally irrational - but in my defense I came down with shingles over the weekend so that could have made it seem much worse than it really was blush

Roomba Mon 19-Feb-18 15:09:41

Felt rather stabby yesterday when I had to nag DS1 for the 100th time to have a shower, he did so, then I had to send him back in as he had made almost zero attempt to wash the shampoo out of his hair. Huge big flakes of dried shampoo on his head and he swore he'd washed it properly. Then I made him clean his ears and was so disgusted at what came out as I then knew he'd lied every time he'd claimed to clean them (for months by the look of it)! Then he grumbles he has spots. Please tell me the grim teenage phase passes...

Also my aunt insisting that if I have my hair cut it will grow faster. Not physically possible! But she's a hairdresser so she just knows this. Gah!

Roomba Mon 19-Feb-18 15:12:00

Travel cots are impossible to fold back up again. It's a law of the universe. Ditto those pop up tents and pop out floor mats that magically just fold back into a circle then go in the bag. No they don't! My dad got The Rage with a mat once and chucked it away at the beach after an hour of trying to fold it!

HuskyMcClusky Mon 19-Feb-18 15:14:42

People who think behavioural norms and even actual rules don’t apply to them.

Case in point: the silly cow at my gym who keeps spreading her shit all over the floor. It’s a packed class, you fuck-knuckle, put your trip-hazard of a bag in the bloody bag rack like everyone else!

<breathe>

BeyondThePage Mon 19-Feb-18 15:15:50

I have 2 teenage daughters who forgot to wash their PE kits over half term and expected me to magic them clean - this morning - before school... hahahaha... just a little stabby...

followed by not really stabby when realising it was not actually MY problem - they are 15 and 17 and know how to do laundry - and they could go with dirty kit!

user1494409994 Mon 19-Feb-18 15:19:23

All the neighbours cats that like to frighten off my birds and take a shit in my garden. I'm fed up trying to plant things only to dip my trowel into a big pile of shite or have my poor wee plants dug up just as they are doing their best to grow because one of the furry buggers wants to take a dump. I bloody hate cats!

phoenix1973 Mon 19-Feb-18 15:21:22

Interviews.
1- being told there will be tests after the interview and to allow 1hour 30mins. Upon arrival. Would have been more professional to forewarn me.
Interview 2. Tiny room, 3 interviewers. For a pt admin post. Would have performed better if I'd been forewarned.
Gaaaahhhh!

ClementineWardrobe Mon 19-Feb-18 15:29:46

I pull into a small lane regularly, it takes me to a park to take my dogs for a run. There is an adapted bungalow for a chap who uses a motorised wheelchair right next to the lane, with a dropped curb at the top of this lane. It has a type of paving slab that means his chair can go down the drop safely. He can manoeuvre down it without toppling forward into the road, i've seen him do it and hes genius at it. I am fucking stabby at the total arse in a black BMW who keeps parking across it. I've seen this chap have to wheel himself into a really fucking busy road to get round this fucking car. There is no reason on earth for this man to park in this spot. I want to let down his tires.

ClementineWardrobe Mon 19-Feb-18 15:30:36

Sorry that isn't irrational is it? Throttling him would be irrational (?)

MrsHathaway Mon 19-Feb-18 15:31:36

Pop songs. DC like to listen to Capital in the car.

1. "7am in the morning" FUCK OFF. "7 o'clock in the morning would have scanned without tautology.

2. "Him and I" FUUUCKKK OFF with your faulty hypercorrection.

3. "I'm /Dancing in the dark /With you between my arms" FUCKING BETWEEN? WHAT KIND OF CONTORTIONS ACCOMPLISH THIS? Next time maybe "you there in my arms" or "you safe in my arms" or even fucking "yo-ou in my arms".

HNNNGGGFFF.

Parsleyisntfood Mon 19-Feb-18 15:37:16

My pregnant friends keeps saying she can’t wait to dress her baby up. She’s in that happy glowing stage and only about 4 minutes pregnant. I know what she means and I know she can’t truly imagine this new person but I want to tell her it’s not a bloody toy. And your dress them. Not dress them up!

Lottapianos Mon 19-Feb-18 15:40:42

'"I'm /Dancing in the dark /With you between my arms" FUCKING BETWEEN?'

This annoys me too. In fact, everything about that stupid song annoys the hell out of me. The whining and false modesty and idealisation - 'I don't deserve this / you are perfect'. envy Imagining people doing their first dance (cringe) to this song (CRINGE!!!). Gives me the icks

System0matix Mon 19-Feb-18 15:41:58

Hi Parsleyisntfood - DPs good friend's partner is like this - also only 4 months pregnant. They can't make any purchases for the baby without waxing lyrical on Facebook about it. I should have known when we were invited to a gender reveal party - it clashed with my dad's 60th thank the lord

Parsleyisntfood Mon 19-Feb-18 15:56:05

It’s conpletely irrational because she’s excited and it’s a first baby so it’s all brand new. But she’s says she wants all the drugs in labour, back into her jeans by 10 weeks etc etc and I want to scream you’re being excited by the wrong bits! I’ll get it all out now. Whiskey while breast feeding is a bloody weird thing to be discussing at length when your don’t have a bump!

Bearwithverylittlebrain Mon 19-Feb-18 15:56:50

DP decided to wag a day off work.
1. I could never do this as it is immoral.
2. I was looking forward to a day of doing jobs without interference or having him mansplain to me as he knows better because he's an engineer. yes I know, if you tell me once more I will engineer shoving your PHD so far up your ass
3. I have spent the last week cooking cleaning and entertaining teenagers and wanted one day. Just one fucking day to myself.
4. Just FUCK OFF to work!

I love him really but I do feel a little stabby at the moment

lightoflaluna Mon 19-Feb-18 16:17:14

My dog's habit of sitting halfway up the stairs and pretending that he doesn't know i'm descending behind him with a 20lb wriggly baby in my arms.

Just MOVE!!!!!! Ffs.

Nervousrex Mon 19-Feb-18 17:22:35

Ok, you've all just made me genuinely laugh out loud - thankyou, I feel a lot better now! Everything - EVERYTHING - on this thread would have made me stabby. I actually use one of those pop up gizmos, and I don't think it's ever been folded away properly since I opened it - I kind of squash it into submission and stuff it down the side of the wardrobe before it has a chance to fight back...

@Clementine, of course you wouldn't be irrational to let down his tyres. Slash them, maybe, but let them down? Naaah.

@Husky, please, please can I adopt "Fuck-knuckle" as my new user name?? grin

Room101isWhereIUsedtoLive Mon 19-Feb-18 17:33:01

I work on a busy appointment helpline. Its busy, we get lots of phonecalls.
One of the first phonecalls this morning was a person telling me that their appointment letter had arrived after their appointment. And that this was totally unacceptable. The date on the letter showed it was posted before the appointment but we really should have tried harder to get the letter to arrive before the appointment.
last time I checked, I wasn't the boss of royal mail and have ZERO control over when mail will aarrive
Just not the kind of time wasting phone call one needs on a Monday morning....

lanbro Mon 19-Feb-18 17:36:23

Was bowling at the weekend and wanted to scream at the people who weren't even attempting to bowl properly!!!

Yes, it's their money they're wasting but just why?!! And yes, I am ridiculously competitive....

OneOfTheGrundys Mon 19-Feb-18 17:40:41

Drunken, rude, violent young men in A&E accompanied by police officers. That’s my taxpayers money down the pisser right there. £££ of it.
Those coppers could be on the streets actually policing instead of having to babysit some little scrote who has battered his wife because he’s pissed and then fallen over. Then abusing talented, trained, bloody marvellous officers and A&E staff. While frail old ladies and my lovely, sad, scared DH have to put up with the floor show at 2am.

(Can you tell where I’ve been every night over the last week and had not much sleep? I feel like chucking all the fuckers in one big room and locking the door.)

I know IABU btw. I’m just exhausted and scared too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: