Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What has been your biggest ‘win’ this morning?

(73 Posts)
LoopyLou1981 Mon 19-Feb-18 08:26:48

I’ve just found some leftover jazzies in my bag (son’s treat from yesterday) and currently munching through them on my train journey to work! 😋

drinkyourmilk Mon 19-Feb-18 08:28:08

Baby didn't wake for an hour at 5am to play.
Feel epic today!

tshirtsuntan Mon 19-Feb-18 08:29:25

I didn't knock my cannula out in the night, should speed up today's hospital visit!

mommytoboo86 Mon 19-Feb-18 08:33:30

got out of bed at 7 without snoozing my alarm 5 times which then makes me behind. I am currently drinking a coffee waiting 2 leave for school run, we're very rarely late but having my morning caffeine b4 taking dd 2 school is very new.
x

kissmethere Mon 19-Feb-18 08:34:01

Getting DC out the door to school with minimal complaints. First day back is always difficult 😒.

IHaveACuntingPlan Mon 19-Feb-18 08:36:04

6 y old dd is still asleep in bed.

Shame dd got up with dh so I had to get up when he left for work. She's now getting me to eat pretend food.

MissWilmottsGhost Mon 19-Feb-18 08:36:29

Um the fact that I'm still in bed grin

andalittlebitofpixiedust Mon 19-Feb-18 08:36:40

Actually got up in time to have tea AND a shower before taking son to the train station while husband is away. Feel ahead already.

Pregnantgrumpygal Mon 19-Feb-18 08:38:31

Two things. That I fell back asleep at 6am after being awake for two hours and had a really good sleep. And that my DP brought home a fully charged portable phone charger so I can charge my phone during this bloody power cut 15 hours and counting

SunnySeaShell Mon 19-Feb-18 08:39:46

I've been upstairs watching the Winter Olympics with a cup of tea on my own for 20 minutes whilst the DC's are playing Mario Kart downstairs and not arguing, happy half term!

JMAngel1 Mon 19-Feb-18 08:41:27

Somehow have summoned the energy to strip all beds, empty dishwasher and put washing on - all before 8! Think have peaked too soon as I'm now on the sofa with cappuccino ignoring the hoover winking at me and the fact that DDs have been on tablets for over their allowed time.

LanguidLobster Mon 19-Feb-18 08:41:40

Left the house, then had a panic that I'd left the keys inside.

Cue frantically scrabbling in my bag. Luckily I hadn't.

Sheepasaurus Mon 19-Feb-18 08:42:09

I don't feel quite as poorly today.

ClemDanfango Mon 19-Feb-18 08:42:12

Still in bed, albeit recovering from minor dental surgery but I’m in bed so it’s a win as far as I’m concerned 🤗

WidoWanky Mon 19-Feb-18 08:43:57

Silence. I am currently listening to it.

Love first day back to school!

AlcoholicsUnanimous Mon 19-Feb-18 08:44:55

Persuading 2 year old DD that the Nutella on my toast was in fact where it was burnt and that she definitely didn't want to eat it.

TheHulksPurplePants Mon 19-Feb-18 08:45:57

Managed to get all of my children's passports/birth certificates, etc out of the house without STBXH noticing and locking them in a drawer at my work. No matter how much worse this gets, I know he can't leave the country with them. grin

OakIsBetterTho Mon 19-Feb-18 08:46:03

I'm still in bed! My best friend got married on Saturday and I was her very enthusiastic maid of honour... enthusiastic dancing, enthusiastic dodgem driver and very enthusiastic drinker. Very glad I booked today off as, seeing as I have EDS, this'll take s while to get over 🙈

ItsAllABitStrangeReally Mon 19-Feb-18 08:47:34

Leftover chicken balls from the Chinese takeaway managed to escape my greedy ohs gob and survived for me to eat them for breakfast at 6.30........went down very well with a brew.

andalittlebitofpixiedust Mon 19-Feb-18 08:50:28

TheHulks flowers and I also want a Rosie the Riveter strong arm emoji for you. Power to you.

Outedsochanged Mon 19-Feb-18 08:52:45

I've been swimming, but now knackered, so that's me on mumsnet for the rest of the day!

PoliticalBiscuit Mon 19-Feb-18 08:55:39

My turn to get up with the DC - they woke up at 8.30am which is pretty much unheard of. Wahoo!

BeyondThePage Mon 19-Feb-18 08:57:49

Dynorod unblocked the ONLY toilet - we can all have a poop now!

simple pleasures...

Ragwort Mon 19-Feb-18 09:01:44

DS and DH went off to work together at 7am (DS on half term so can help out), I have arranged a late start at work so have been enjoying a leisurely lie in and total peace and quiet. smile

TheArtOfNoise Mon 19-Feb-18 09:03:59

Tea and croissants in bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: