Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Sleep deprivation is chipping away at me

(20 Posts)
OuchBollocks Mon 19-Feb-18 06:26:40

So tired. Always tired. And today, first day in a new role at work where I wanted to be on form, DS is awake crying until after 11pm, then coughing in the night, then is awake from 4am until literally one minute before my alarm went off. And he's the better sleeper out of the two DC. I ache all over from being tired. Waaaah 😭

KatnissK Mon 19-Feb-18 06:34:27

Oh bless you OP. I have a rubbish sleeper and I am dreading mat leave ending and having to function at work! Get some caffeine down you and I hope today goes ok

LunaDoot Mon 19-Feb-18 06:37:57

flowers for you, it’s awful isn’t it. Lots of coffee, slap on some make up and by the time you get to work you’ll feel half normal and be able to convince everyone you’re a pro x

BoCha Mon 19-Feb-18 06:51:43

I don’t have anything constructive to say, just that you have my sympathy. The other day in work I was so tired I couldn’t string a sentence together, forgot basic words, and thought I was going to fall over at one point when someone was explaining something to me. It’s torture! And I look old now even though I’m only in my 20s. Is there anywhere you can have a lunchtime nap?

OuchBollocks Tue 20-Feb-18 00:59:01

Zzzz zzzz. More coughing spluttering baby. More hours waiting for the alarm to creep round.

OuchBollocks Tue 20-Feb-18 01:21:01

And he's just coughed hard enough to bring up his milk all over me envy <--- yuck not envy

ohfourfoxache Tue 20-Feb-18 01:46:57

Can he have calpol?

There is a risk of botulism in under 2s, but I found that a spoonful of honey helps to soothe my 3yo’s coughs

OuchBollocks Tue 20-Feb-18 01:55:23

He's had calpol, saline drops in his nose, snufflebabe, menthol plug in, crib tilted then lying on me nearly upright. Poor wee sod just so full of gunk he can't get comfy.

ohfourfoxache Tue 20-Feb-18 02:07:14

Ah shit, sounds like you’ve done everything humanly possible Ouch sad

Sorry, I’m out of ideas - all I can offer is brew

CazM2012 Tue 20-Feb-18 02:07:31

I’m right there, since Christmas one of mine or another has been ill in the night, backwards and forwards, we have moved DC3 back into our room sad At the moment I’m downstairs feeding him as he has been awake for so long I can hear his stomach rumbling. He’ll sleep in later but the other 3 will be up bright and early!

OuchBollocks Tue 20-Feb-18 02:10:50

My fucking alarm is set for half 5 😭

I would love for someone to fetch me a brew ohfourfoxache. Maybe some hot buttery toast too? Caz needs some too.

ohfourfoxache Tue 20-Feb-18 02:42:04

brew 🍞 <= closest I can find!

Too early for wine?

MrsJonesAndMe Tue 20-Feb-18 06:33:29

It sucks! And this time of year sucks. I've had 6 years of sleep deprivation now between a bad sleeping DC, a DH who alternates between insomnia and nightmares and due to that never ever having a lie in as I always feels he needs it more.

Hope you make it through the day and that tonight is better.

noseypud Tue 20-Feb-18 06:52:27

Urgh you sound like me! I have been back in work for 3 weeks now after mat leave and my ds is sick again with a cold. Was up coughing most the night last night. I gave up at 2 and put him in bed with us so I could at least be in bed lying down haha. Not looking forward to today!

OuchBollocks Tue 20-Feb-18 07:42:25

I have gone to the greasy spoon across the road for breakfast. The day calls for bacon. And coffee.

ems137 Tue 20-Feb-18 11:34:35

Urgh it's torture isn't it?

We seem to have had almost constant colds since Halloween pretty much. I have 4 children and the eldest 2 slept when they were poorly, I never used to mind so much if they caught a cold. The youngest 2 (different dad) do not sleep AT ALL when poorly!!

Last night, between 10.30-2.30am I was up 7 times, 4 to the baby and 3 to the toddler.

I've got to the sleep deprivation stage of a permanent headache and I just want to constantly eat to gain some energy!

MrsJonesAndMe Tue 20-Feb-18 12:46:01

I've got the packet of biscuits and loose women! blush

OuchBollocks Wed 21-Feb-18 04:03:51

Here we are again. Cough cough whimper moan cough cough fml. Any of those biscuits left MrsJones?

ems clearly your younger two waking up is entirely their dad's fault, in which case he is in charge of sorting it wink or at the very least I hope he makes a decent coffee.

OuchBollocks Wed 21-Feb-18 04:05:01

nosey I hope your day was tolerable and that you're having a lovely long deep sleep right now.

MrsJonesAndMe Thu 22-Feb-18 20:42:42

Oh god Bollocks what unearthly hour were you posting?! Friday tomorrow...

I can't blame DH for the children's body clocks as one isn't his but she's fine now she's older so there's hope

I've eaten all the biscuits and moved on to Party rings!

How is the new job going?

(We've posted on the same threads before - I used to be CakePop but name change regularly)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now