Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Embarrassing parents...’that’s their job’ right?

(27 Posts)
Notsooriginalwerther Mon 19-Feb-18 00:49:50

This is seriously outing and if anyone I know is on here then I’m dead 😂

When I was about 7/8 years old I was shopping with my dm, she had a bit of a dodgy tummy that day so half way through shopping she says she needs to pop to the loo, we went to the only public toilets around (bus station)... now these toilets are notoriously minimalistic, so toilets are all metal and everything else is tile. I didn’t want to stand alone outside and it’s my mum so I jumped in the cubicle with her.

Biggest. Regret. Of my life. That woman that I thought was an angel DESTROYED that toilet, it sounded like she was firing a machine gun into the toilet bowl, as previously mentioned the metal toilet echoed every single loud, squeaky and fast bowel movement she made which was then echoed around the tile room - not even hand driers could drown out the sounds (and I heard the desperate victims trying to keep them on for far longer than neccisary). After all this, about ten minutes of literally sounding like we were in a cubicle full of whoopie cushions my mum walks out with me to face her audience, puts her damn hand on my shoulder and says ‘alright, you feeling better now?’ I DIED.

So I would like to hear other people’s horrifically embarrassing cringe stories that their parents have put them through OR as a parent what you’ve done to embarrass your children.

I am still scarred. She laughs like maniac when I bring it up.

PositivelyPERF Mon 19-Feb-18 00:51:38

Hahahaha 🤣 oh, and by the way hahahaha 😂

Adoodoobydoo Mon 19-Feb-18 00:55:31

I really needed a laugh thank you!!
I don't think my parents ever put me through anything as embarrassing as that!

QueenB14 Mon 19-Feb-18 01:02:21

That is brilliant!

And no I don't think I can top that one grin

PaddlingShoes Mon 19-Feb-18 01:02:52

That's absolutely fantastic! gringringrin

LookImAHooman Mon 19-Feb-18 04:00:44

Your mother is a genius grin

mirren3 Mon 19-Feb-18 04:33:17

That actually made me LOL, I'm on a night shift and it's made my night.

PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Mon 19-Feb-18 04:39:06

shock😂 Have you forgiven her yet?

springydaff Mon 19-Feb-18 05:13:33

Good job you aren't of the snowflake generation or that would be you fucked for life.

Great story, you had me laughing like a loon. And as I'm awake bcs my life is shit I could do with a good laugh - thanks op grin

Notsooriginalwerther Mon 19-Feb-18 09:07:59

PerfectlySymmetrical oh yes well and Truely forgiven! I know I’ve done some very embarassing things to my parents!

springydaff sorry to hear you were awake for not so great reasons! I’m glad I made you have a good chuckle hehe! Hope you’re doing better today flowers

londonista Mon 19-Feb-18 12:38:47

Oh god, that is brilliant.
I'm sure I'm scarring my boys now, I'm really relying them on f*cking up their brains with class A drugs later in life...

My mum and dad probably did loads of things to embarrass me such as breathing wrong etc, but what I do remember is my dad always always picks up litter when he sees it, even if it means he carries it around for ages till he finds a bin. I don't know why but it really embarrassed me as a child.
These days he's moved on to not only picking up other people's litter, but other people's dog shit. I'm 46 and I still want the earth to swallow me up when I see him do it.

NotSoSprightly Mon 19-Feb-18 13:44:30

VladmirsPoutine Mon 19-Feb-18 14:47:23

Not me, as such, but when I was a child we used to live adjacent to another family. Their son and I were friends. He used to come out all the time and shout my name till I came out to play. We played a lot then we'd both go back in for dinner or whatever. When it was Summer this happened more or less every day and his dad upon noticing it thought the whole thing was insane, especially because he'd also (I later found) pluck his mothers indoor plants to 'give me flowers' and once gifted me his dad's rolex. One day his dad decided enough was enough and brought him round to our front door and told him to just "bloody ask her out" we all stood there; his dad, my mum, me and him looking at each other like the sky had caved in.
He did in the end ask me out but I'll never forget that moment at my front door when he uttered "Umm... hi Vlad,, you ok... do you wanna go out?"

morningconstitutional2017 Mon 19-Feb-18 14:52:17

Take heart OP, I bet all the other people in the toilets knew it was your mum all along, as a small child couldn't possibly make all that noise.

Hoppinggreen Mon 19-Feb-18 14:53:49

When I was about 13 we went to Spain and there was a rather gorgeous German boy who we used to often see at the pool. I used to gaze longingly at him but no joy. One day my Dad had too much to drink and picked up the pool net and shouted “don’t worry, I’ll get him for you” and proceeded to pretend to catch gorgeous German boy as he swam past.
My embarrassment reached its peak as his “dad” who was actually his much older boyfriend came over to have a go at us as he didn’t see the funny side whatsoever!!
Still, nice to know it’s wasnt the fact that 13 year old me wasn’t as irresistible as I though .

wisterialanes Mon 19-Feb-18 15:59:35

I remember on a similar thread a poster saying that her DM used to march her into the family planning clinic and ask for extra large condoms pretending that they were for her. This started when she was 13 and I don't think it gets much worse than that!

QueenB14 Mon 19-Feb-18 16:17:02

That is hilarious!

katseyes7 Mon 19-Feb-18 16:37:40

Oh dear lord. Notsooriginalwerther, that is priceless! Wonderful stuff! Unless it's your mum, of course....

Topseyt Mon 19-Feb-18 17:13:58

Oh dear, OP. That really must have been shit for you.

Parents were designed to embarrass their children. Mine as teenagers have always walked several feet ahead of or behind me, trying to look as though we have never even met.

blaaake Mon 19-Feb-18 17:18:12

Pissing gringringrin

WomanInTheMirrorStaresAtMe Mon 19-Feb-18 17:24:38

Brilliant! I must admit I have a tummy condition that means I have to go when I need to... Recently this happened on a school run and I pretended to the school office my three year old needed the toilet so they would let us in to go. He kept saying he didn't and I would laugh as I frogmarched him to the toilets whilst telling him to go before we left next time... "But I did mum"... "Shhh... You need the toilet!"

sexyegg Mon 19-Feb-18 17:29:56

That's excellent.

Topseyt Mon 19-Feb-18 17:57:02

Those metal toilets are the work of the devil. I think they are designed to be as noisy as possible, to broadcast what you are doing to the world.

HunterofStars Tue 20-Feb-18 02:30:15

When I was 14, my class were sat outside in front of the school drawing trees for an art lesson. My parents' car pulls up outside the school as they had taken dbro to the dentist and dropped him off. Dmum makes a beeline for me and kisses me in front of my whole class. I was so blush.

Christmastits Tue 20-Feb-18 04:10:41

Dad took me to see die another day (what a shit film) I was 11 and he was having chemo.. he'd always been a joker but since treatment it was like there were no barriers.. he'd seize every opportunity going!

Anyway!! Here's 11 year old me being out with my dad and see the popular girls from my new high school.. I made the mistake of ignoring my dad when he asked about popcorn and told him to shh blush. He looked up, clocked the girls.. clocked me and said *Christmas! Are you sure you don't need a wee before we go in??*blush I wanted the ground to open me up!!!

Day another day still makes me think of him! I've still not watched it all the way through without falling asleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now