Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone want to be or is a politician?

(3 Posts)
Ikeameatballs Sat 17-Feb-18 22:43:14

I have a perfectly good career which I enjoy and am good at and pays well but I often think that actually I want to be Prime Minister.

I know that that sounds ludicrous, and a bit of this is the pissed me talking, but actually how would I go about entering politics properly at 40? I am entirely reliant on my salary and am naturally financially cautious but I feel strongly that I need to do something to improve the way society functions in the UK.

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 18-Feb-18 01:35:11

Join a political party that you mostly agree with. Get active. Get some campaigning experience. Get on the List for parliamentary candidates. Bear in mind you may have to stand several,times before you get a winnable seat.

mari652 Sun 18-Feb-18 01:56:36

Have a really thick skin. Begin at local council level - campaign, get elected. Get on national selection lists. Be cannon fodder, standing for seats you have no chance of winning, until you get offered a possible one. Or be a one cause Independent with a really strong story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now