Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How to house clean effectively - I am crap

(5 Posts)
JMAngel1 Sat 17-Feb-18 21:46:21

Hate cleaning - kind of expect miracles by just lightly wafting a microfibre cloth around. Hpw do I tackle disgusting grime in grout of shower tiles and bleach tarnished stains on stainless sreel taps? Water marks on painted walls? Just not very effecfive - maybe I expect a lot for minimal energy expenditure!!Give me your tips.

JMAngel1 Sat 17-Feb-18 21:48:13

sorry so many typos - clearly my tablet is as crap as my cleaning!

EffYouSeeKaye Sat 17-Feb-18 21:50:11

I let products take the strain. Dettol mould & mildew spray for tiles, Flash with bleach for the sink, Cif bathroom cleaner, Domestos in the loo and LOTS of wipes. Glass wipes, leather wipes, bathroom wipes, even baby wipes. And a steam mop.

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 17-Feb-18 21:57:50

Bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste with a bit of bleach for grout. Apply with an old toothbrush, leave for a bit (a couple of hours) and then rinse off. Apparently you can mix with vinegar too if you prefer an more eco cleaner. This mixture also works for black mould on sealant.

I also use a toothbrush for the grimy bit around the base of taps.

On Pinterest I've seen a bag of vinegar tied over a shower head to clean it. I may give that a go.

I also like those magic sponges for stuff like marks on walls and cleaning doors and door frames - I just have to be careful I don't rub too hard and rub the paint off.

This makes me sound like I spend ages cleaning. I honestly don't - I'm a bit of a slattern. I do the bicarb/bleach thing and go and make a cup of tea and watch a film while it works grin

Squirrelpatrol2174 Sat 17-Feb-18 22:18:28

For the grimey grout dab some tissue on the grout and soak the tissue in thick bleach and leave as long as possible

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: