Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fuck I love Jurassic World

(57 Posts)
DancesWithOtters Sat 17-Feb-18 20:51:20

So much. This film is so much fun. Chris Pratt in his waistcoat. Attenborough statue. Mosasaurs. Raptor puppies. T-Rex is King again at the end.

I know it's seriously naff with the kissing whilst pterodactyls swooping about, but I just totally enjoy the shit out of this film.

SneakyGremlins Sat 17-Feb-18 20:52:02

I have the app but not seen the film! grin

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 17-Feb-18 20:55:19

I know - it's one of my favourites! Can't wait for the new one actually!

DancesWithOtters Sat 17-Feb-18 20:56:20

It's on itv2+1 now!

Oh, he's such a tasty specimen of a man.

VetOnCall Sat 17-Feb-18 20:56:21

Me too! I have all the JP films and JW in my Prime video library and watch them on an embarrassingly regular basis. My favourite sleep t-shirt is a men's one with the JW logo on it grin

DancesWithOtters Sat 17-Feb-18 20:57:21

I've still got my tshirt from when the first film came out when I was about 8. grin

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 17-Feb-18 20:58:47

I love it! The mosasaurs is everything.

DaphneFanshaw Sat 17-Feb-18 20:59:30

I luff Chris Pratt. He is a perfect reason to watch guardians of the galaxy and jurassic Park

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 17-Feb-18 20:59:39

It is bloody awesome.
Love it

LittleMissNaice Sat 17-Feb-18 20:59:42

How many bloody ad breaks though?!

I love the film but constantly get the urge to pin that little boy down and give him a haircut

AmazingDetectiveSlashGenius Sat 17-Feb-18 20:59:54

That's how I wanted to feel about it.

Love Jurassic Park. Like Chris Pratt. Expectations reasonable - just wanted some dinosaur thrills and snappy dialogue.

But it didn't do it for me sad I'm not even sure why confused

Maybe I should watch it again!

SoleBizzz Sat 17-Feb-18 21:00:48

What time did it start on ITV2+1?

MsHomeSlice Sat 17-Feb-18 21:01:02

oh...we saw it was on AGAIN, and remembered we had recorded it so we are on sky + and whizzing throught the ad breaks

what a romp!

curious541 Sat 17-Feb-18 21:01:31

Can't wait for new one too!!
We've just booked to go see JP with the something something symphony orchestra! So excited!!! (John Williams sound track played live whilst you watch film!)
Oh and am going to Universal Florida in May - I get to go on the ride again and walk through those gates!! gringringrin

WilburIsSomePig Sat 17-Feb-18 21:01:45

God I love it! Bryce Howard skeetering about in her high heels and white sensible skirt, then turning all badass. Chris Pratt talking to the raptors like they're labradors. Excellent fun!

MidgeMaisel Sat 17-Feb-18 21:02:24

Yy Amazing, I wanted to love this but found it completely rubbish - maybe it's because everyone seemed to be raving about it?

Badly written, badly acted, just ... bad!

MumGoneMild Sat 17-Feb-18 21:05:11

I was 8 when the first one came out. I can still rember how scared I felt seeing the t rex. I loved it! I washing mad after that.

DancesWithOtters Sat 17-Feb-18 21:05:14

Watch it again! DP thought it was naff first time round. I've watched it about another 87 5 times and he said he liked it much better on repeat viewing.

Yes the script and some of the acting is cheesy. It's a film about a dinosaur theme park. I just love it for what it is.

specialsubject Sat 17-Feb-18 21:11:17

Wanted to like it. But as all the characters are people who would be greatly improved by being eaten, couldn't.

No emotional punch, no Jeff goldblum and of course dippy drawers in the outfit that artfully disintegrates but the staggerers that never do. Good continuity though, as it was dull I was watching for when we saw the trainers but we never did.

brownelephant Sat 17-Feb-18 21:12:19

it's fab.
is it wrong that I want to go there on holiday?

MsHomeSlice Sat 17-Feb-18 21:13:44

yes we are peeing ourselves at the clicker training of the raptors!!

and her outfit....really, what woman who ever had a period wore an entirely white silk outfit unless she was getting married??

MrsSteveMcDonald Sat 17-Feb-18 21:15:19

I always feel sorry for indominus at the end blush

Snowydaysarehere Sat 17-Feb-18 21:18:43

Already planned our family trip to he next one in June!!

PyongyangKipperbang Sat 17-Feb-18 21:18:45

Love it!

I really cant wait for the new one but I wish they hadnt started with the trailers so soon, June is ages away! Its like being a kid waiting for Xmas!

PancakeInMaBelly Sat 17-Feb-18 21:20:43

How is it white? Do you see white? Is this one of these what colour is the -dinosaur- dress things?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: