Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Be nice to me- my cat just died

(41 Posts)
surlycurly Sat 17-Feb-18 20:42:52

Came home after a lovely day out and my cat ran across the road to get in the house. Unfortunately a car hit him and he died in front of us. The kids are heart broken. Some things being an adult doesn't prepare us for.

I'm heartbroken too- he wasn't even two sad

OfDragonsDeep Sat 17-Feb-18 20:45:16

I'm so sorry flowers

surlycurly Sat 17-Feb-18 20:46:35

Thank you. So silly of me to post this here but I don't want to put it on FB and I'm having to be brave for the kids.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:47:40

Oh bless you, that’s so hard. Our first cat was run over and killed when he was a year old. DH fiound him in the road. The kids were 6 and 4. We buried him in the garden. He was a lovely boy and I’m sure yours was too.

It’s time to grieve for him, but be happy he had a good life with you.

GrumpyOldBagFace Sat 17-Feb-18 20:48:04

I'm so sorry. You must be heartbroken. thanks

Goldensunnydays81 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:48:50

Oh I’m so sorry! Bet you are heartbroken, I would be and it is hard having to be strong for the kids 💐

Japanese Sat 17-Feb-18 20:48:50

I am so sorry. What a terribly sad thing to happen and for you all to have to witness flowers.

123bananas Sat 17-Feb-18 20:50:35

I am so sorry my cat also died after being ran over, he was young too. I knew something was wrong when he didn't come home. DH found him in the morning in the road.

It is just awful. Big hugs for you all. flowers

DancesWithOtters Sat 17-Feb-18 20:52:28

I'm so sorry. thanks

surlycurly Sat 17-Feb-18 20:53:33

It was possibly the worst thing I've ever seen. He died pretty quickly but not before a rather gruesome end. I don't know what to do with him either as we rent so a garden burial isn't really appropriate. He's currently wrapped in a blanket in the garden.

Oh my. This is really rubbish.

ilovecardigans Sat 17-Feb-18 20:54:39

How absolutely awful for you and your children. :-(

Poor wee cat. I'd be inconsolable.

MakeLemonade Sat 17-Feb-18 20:57:51

I’m so sorry for your loss. This happened to our DCat three days before Christmas and it was horrendous - she was only 1 too. I was so very sad about it, makes me upset thinking about it now!

We took her to the vet for cremation.

Japanese Sat 17-Feb-18 20:57:57

We adopted a rescue cat 3 weeks ago. She hasn't been out of the house yet and this is the sort of thing which makes me want to never let her go out sad.

Itchytights Sat 17-Feb-18 20:58:53

Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry.

How awful for you and your family. Thinking of you.

surlycurly Sat 17-Feb-18 21:01:21

Previous cat died last year and we had her cremated. DC1 is adamant she doesn't want him cremated as she thinks it's barbaric sad DC2 wants him buried here. He's inconsolable. Never seen him like this before.

Thanks for the kind words.

ManicUnicorn Sat 17-Feb-18 21:02:58

I'm so sorry OP. Pets are part of our families and it's always so heartbreaking when we lose them. My dog died suddenly of something that should have been treatable in November and I felt numb for days, and sad for weeks. It's the most horrible feeling.

catlovingdoctor Sat 17-Feb-18 21:03:03

So very sorry for your loss. Your cat was loved and had a wonderful life with you...that's why he was running towards you! My very best wishes xx

ididyeah Sat 17-Feb-18 21:06:29

Sending you the biggest of hugs.xxxx

surlycurly Sat 17-Feb-18 21:07:17

Aw thanks. I need one!

Catzpyjamas Sat 17-Feb-18 21:08:20

I'm so sorry about your poor cat. That's one of my biggest worries about pyjamacat being outside (but keeping him in makes him very ill).
There are pet cemeteries if you would prefer not to cremate

mogloveseggs Sat 17-Feb-18 21:08:43

Oh I’m so so sorry flowers

AccidentallyRunToWindsor Sat 17-Feb-18 21:10:33

I'm so sorry.

Can you perhaps get him cremated? That way you can take him wherever you move next?

Never listen to anyone over the next few days who tells you 'it was just a cat' their opinion doesn't count.

Mightybanhammer Sat 17-Feb-18 21:12:07

I am so sorry xxxx

OboePlayingImmortalRabbit Sat 17-Feb-18 21:12:49

Oh, surly - so sorry flowers

AccidentallyRunToWindsor Sat 17-Feb-18 21:14:28

Sorry- I diddnt see the cremation issue.

All I can say is we buried our cat in our rented house and then moved. I break my heart thinking of her there in her own with strangers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now