Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does anyone else have a secret fantasy life?

(87 Posts)
Chattette1 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:44:19

Mine is to live in a stunning barn conversion in the countryside, not too far from my parents. I have the mortgage paid off and so just work 2-3 days a week lecturing at a university. DH is there but works away 2 days a week (lol). We have two cats and a dog, a pair of well behaved and charming twins and an open fire.

I spend much of my free time tending to the vast beautiful garden and going for lunches with my mum and have big family roasts on a Sunday.

We have two bathrooms, and a spare bedroom where sometimes family stay over after long boozy dinners.

Disclaimer: my actual life bears no resemblance to this at all. wails

BexleyRae Sun 11-Feb-18 10:50:33

Yes!
I have won the lottery, have a lovely house with a guest annex so my family who live far away can come stay often.
I have a nanny and a cleaner and I get to spend my time doing stuff for charity
In real life we are in a rented flat and sadly hardly get to see my family

something2say Sun 11-Feb-18 11:12:30

I do too!

Here we go.

I was a battered child (true). I volunteer at the local zoo and a tiger has a cub she then rejects. I get given the task of playing with him, so he grows up my friend. I sit in his cage and we really bond. Then one day my mother comes to get me and thinks, because she is unseen, she can grab me by the hair as usual. James my tiger really goes for her, and I love him even more for this.

Then, a wealthy lady takes pity on me and bequeathes me her beautiful rambling house and gardens, where James and I live. He grows into a huge and beautiful tiger and he does film work and is very gentle, never hurts a fly. The only person he ever went for was my abusuve mother.

I often think of James and his colours on his coat, and how big his head would be. I had a cat for a long time who was affectionate, dignified, gentle and magnificent and James would be just like that.

I'm 43 now so god knows how old James is?!!!!

TealStar Sun 11-Feb-18 11:15:23

Something that is one of the loveliest, if most imaginative grin fantasy lives I’ve ever read about!

topcat2014 Sun 11-Feb-18 11:20:54

Obviously I would live on a farm, with range rovers (plural) and dogs (even though I don't really like dogs).

The farm wouldn't really require any work, other than, say, listening to the Archers.

We would have a couple of barn conversions as holiday lets.

Large kitchen etc.

DD and friends would be able to get to school easily, rather than needing Dad's taxi all the time.

I may top the income up with a little bit of highly profitable accounting consulting - purely by internet, at a time to suit me - with no urgent deadlines.

I may also have a cottage by the sea.

LanguidLobster Sun 11-Feb-18 11:23:02

Something if you like reading you should try the book 'The Tiger's Wife'

BigFishy Sun 11-Feb-18 15:59:29

Yes, I live part time in the 50's! smile

Quite surprised to have found this thread, that was created just today. I was thinking of starting a similar thread! smile

Hefzi Sun 11-Feb-18 16:08:29

I have a nice little 2 bed farm cottage, quite remote, with a lovely big garden that's full of interesting "rooms" and with a glamorous shed at the back where I work when I'm working from home. I have a dogue de Bordeaux for extra security, and a Scottie for the comedy value, and some cats. Over the road is the farm's duck pond, and next door is the milking parlour. My horses live in the fields behind the house, and have an elegant, stone-built yard. My job is the same, but I have discovered some boundaries, so it doesn't rule my life - and I was left the money to be able to live like this by an elderly lady I once helped over the road.

In reality, I'm in a two bed terrace, no outdoor space and no pets, in a concrete jungle.

In my fantasy life, I am also ten stone lighter and effortlessly elegant...

Shockers Sun 11-Feb-18 16:12:46

I have a nurture Centre/school in the country. Children with attachment issues come to stay for extended periods. We have therapy dogs, chickens and other animals. The children thrive.

humpbackwhalestail Sun 11-Feb-18 16:14:16

Which would be the worst possible thing for children with attachment issues wink

something2say Sun 11-Feb-18 16:14:21

Thank you Languid x

robynadair Sun 11-Feb-18 16:27:10

Mine is that I still live in our current house, but I have the time and money to do all the things I want with it particularly the garden. I'm no longer at work, stressed, harassed, struggling with a huge workload and short of time. We've no mortgage. I have time for my hobbies and to get involved in the local community. As I'm writing this on a Sunday, in my fantasy world we've taken the dogs out for a long walk, I'm cooking a lovely roast on the aga ( we don't have one!) and mum and dad are coming over for supper and post dinner wine fuelled game of scrabble. Simple pleasures. They are fit, well and happy. In real life my lovely dad died 2 years ago and my mum is frail and poorly and I'm feeling sick at the thought of work tomorrow.

Shockers Sun 11-Feb-18 16:33:09

Not sure what you mean Hump. I work with children with attachment issues now, and am also an adoptive parent to a child with RAD. A facility like the one in my fantasy would have benefited my family immensely in the early days of our adoption. The school nurture setting I’m currently in is having a really positive outcome too.

I’d have thought it would make much more of a difference than a traditional care home, where the approach is not one of intense nurture.

Parsleyisntfood Sun 11-Feb-18 16:33:37

Me too.
We live in a modern detached 5 bed but use it to house pregnant teens until they decide what they want to do. We treat them like our own and give them the space they need. They are all delightful and get over their issues quickly. DH does emergency money issues for people day or night. I float about consulting (I haven’t decided on what). Teens have their own garage where everyone is welcome and I’m the Mum they come to when they need help.
Reality of course is that would be so stressful id be bald but it is a fantasy.

Shockers Sun 11-Feb-18 16:33:42

Unless you were joking... I can’t tell! grin

BrieAndChilli Sun 11-Feb-18 16:34:20

I have 2 completely opposite fantasy lives.
One is living in London in a fabulous apartment and a glamourous high flying job in event management. The Kids don’t feature in this one! Me and DH for our to fancy restaurants and theatre shows all the time. I shop in fancy boutiques and have my hair done every week. I am beautiful and thin.

The other one is living in a rambling old mansion in the country with dogs and horses and the house full of the kids and their friends and random people who need tos Tay for a bit (not stranger random just extended friends and family)
The house would be full of baking and stews and mud and lovely Sunday roasts and cocktails by the fire and bbqs in the garden in the summer while the kids play and climb trees.

Cadence70 Sun 11-Feb-18 16:59:34

I actually do have a whole secret fantasy life that I'm actually living

EnidButton Sun 11-Feb-18 17:07:10

Oh Something 💗 Love the sound of James.

There was a thread about this years ago. Turns out there are lots of us who have been leading a second imaginary life for years.

Pinkyponkcustard Sun 11-Feb-18 21:12:58

Yes! In it I am disgustingly rich, thin and beautiful. I have a stunningly handsome and tall husband who is an 'international businessman' who in my current fantasy has just bought me a yacht where we spend all our days partying, having threesomes and avoiding the press.

I even have a name Angelique Aster Nardellio and a whole back story about how I came from a boring middle class family, was spotted by my husband after I appeared in a perfume ad (think Sophie Dahl style) and now have this fabulous debauched model/wag style existence.

It's pure Jackie Collins/Footballers wives/Geordie Shore and totally removed from reality (love my life actually)

GreenBudgie Sun 11-Feb-18 21:18:11

In my fantasy life I am either Miss Marple (the Jean Hickson incarnation) or a very glam film star vamp who can dance, wear bias cut couture silk and charm anyone to do her bidding.

Toooldtobearsed Sun 11-Feb-18 21:34:12

Have posted this before 😅

I live on a small holding, just me and my 3 dogs (2 existing, real ones and one a stray i adopted). I live on the edge of a small village with a community pub and shop that i volunteer in.
My postman uses my cottage as a 'drop point', and so, from Tuesday to Friday i have excluded Mondays for reasons only known to my fevered imagination he knocks together a full English whilst I am walking dogs.
Over the back from me is a farm. On the farm is a New Zealander vet called Ned. I often help him out by sticking new born lambs down my bra and feeling them every hour, day and night.

I renovated my cottage with my own fair hands, and with the help of Ernie and Bill, two octaganarians from the village who were a plumber and electrician in their hayday. Kevin McLeod was gobsmacked to learn that my renovation budget of £40k was not all used up and admired my recycling skills, as well as my ability to turn a potential £300k profit were I to sell.
I am almost totally self sufficient. Solar panels, a wind turbine and my own spring water supply supply me with most of my needs (this may need further inbestigation, but for now, I am happy that it works for me)!

I will never marry, or have a live in partner, but may have as many flings as I fancy.

I may have over thought this.............😅😅😅

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Sun 11-Feb-18 21:40:00

I live my life now but without DH or I needing to work so we can enjoy all the things we like doing; we would be there for the children, he would do lots of sports and I would spend my time nurturing the garden, volunteering at school and in the community, working an allotment and writing books when I fancied as well as (obviously grin) being extremely fit and healthy.

PeppermintPasty Sun 11-Feb-18 21:43:03

I'm bringing this thread down a notch. -I am in a filthy sex-mad relationship with Norman Reedus and/or Richard Armitage, depending on which end of the scale between low down dirty and charming I'm interested in at any one time.

They both utterly adore me as I am simply fabulous.

I do actually need to get out more. Sigh.

Cleanerswin Sun 11-Feb-18 21:43:58

I live in a warm cosy cottage with a sunny small garden and lovely neighbours, a short walk from DD and SiLs home. I am retired and have a comfortable pension and spend my days doing voluntary work and helping with DGC. I never have any money worries and have lots of friends.

WhoopiGoldbergsCat Sun 11-Feb-18 21:49:02

Ooh I love this thread!
I live in a small village near the sea in the south of France. I have a lovely French town house and cycle on my bike to get my morning baguette. I spend the day reading, or walking on the beach and in the nights I meet my handsome French boyfriend and sip local red wine In a bar overlooking the sea
Of course I can speak fluent French!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now