Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you were feeding a baby lying down...

(39 Posts)
AveAtqueVale Sat 10-Feb-18 00:28:17

On your left side, baby on left boob - could you reach up and stroke your baby’s head with the toes of your right foot? I’ve just done so and DH thinks I am unnaturally flexible- I think he must be unnaturally unflexible as he says he couldn’t do this. Not that he’d be in a position to, boobwise. Who is right?

WhereIsBlueRabbit Sat 10-Feb-18 09:13:09

I'm going to have to try this when feeding my toddler tonight! Based on experiments sans toddler, the answer is head: no, bum: yes grin

AveAtqueVale Sat 10-Feb-18 09:11:10

grin

I dozed off after my last attempt! I’m quite excited so many people tried - AND several can do it, so I’m not THAT weird.

Camomila Sat 10-Feb-18 07:57:26

I’ve just tried, it’s easier with my right leg than my left but I can do it both ways. Funny because I can only do the splits with my left leg in front.

Wigeon Sat 10-Feb-18 07:44:54

You are bonkers! But I’ve just tried and I can probably just about do it but only if I really pull my foot with my hand, and it’s not comfortable (same on both left and right). I last breastfed about 5 years ago though so had to imagine the size of a baby’s head by my boob.

Did you do it with no help from your hand pulling your foot? In that case you are definitely unnaturally bendy as I’m generally quite flexible.

Allthebubbles Sat 10-Feb-18 07:37:57

Am laughing at image of women all over the country trying this....
It is a no from me!

Olga81 Sat 10-Feb-18 07:24:23

I could, it's related to hip movement rather than flexibility. I can touch my feet to my head but cannot touch my toes with legs straight

WunWegWunDarWun Sat 10-Feb-18 07:22:07

I could probably nudge their bum too, if I really pulled my leg with my hand.

Backenette Sat 10-Feb-18 07:21:10

No but I had such severe spd that even trying would have meant a hip popping out.

Situp Sat 10-Feb-18 07:18:35

Not sure of whether this is a measure of how flexible my legs are or how close to my waist my boobs hang.

Not sure I want to find out blush

HeyMicky Sat 10-Feb-18 07:15:17

Yes but I danced for years

Scribblegirl Sat 10-Feb-18 07:08:43

Same as Fluffy, yes but hypermobile smile

Fluffyears Sat 10-Feb-18 07:06:51

Yes but i’m Hypermobile.

Owlettele Sat 10-Feb-18 06:54:49

Bizarely. Yes i can.

Pluckedpencil Sat 10-Feb-18 06:26:22

Just happened to be feeding in that position and I can, but I wouldn't say it is something I could comfortably nonchalantly do!

NinaMarieP Sat 10-Feb-18 05:13:55

He's not on the boob but he's right next to it and yes I can... but it needs a bit of a pull to do the last few inches. Not sure I'd try it while feeding as I might accidentally unlatch him.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with he knowledge that I can touch his head with my foot in this position. Probably nothing, don't think it will become a regular practice ether as now I'm cold from being out of the covers!

suckysnow Sat 10-Feb-18 04:00:57

Ha! This will teach Ds (5, not breastfeeding) to ninja creep in my bed. I can kick him in an ungainly manner in the back, but not the head grin

chewiecat Sat 10-Feb-18 03:54:29

I can but I do a lot of yoga so am quite flexible

Foggymist Sat 10-Feb-18 03:27:21

I'm lying in that exact position now and absolutely could not do that, not even going to try! How did it even occur to you?? Why stroke him with your toes, wouldn't your right hand be much easier?!

pastabakewithcheese Sat 10-Feb-18 02:27:53

Nope can't do it

Elllicam Sat 10-Feb-18 02:10:27

Yes I’ve just tried and I can do it.

gingerfoxcub Sat 10-Feb-18 02:03:06

Only if I pull it with my hand.

BarbaraManatee Sat 10-Feb-18 01:29:48

Almost but not quite unless I pulled it down with my hand. My hips are a bit dodgy. I used to be able to touch my nose with my toes while lying on my belly by bringing my legs up behind me & over my head. Those were the incredibly painful days!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sat 10-Feb-18 01:26:53

No but I could nudge his bum.
(in my defence, I'm at least 15 years too old for breastfeeding)

Shmithecat Sat 10-Feb-18 01:24:12

No, but I can do it with my left foot when feeding with my right boob lying in my right side.

Ollivander84 Sat 10-Feb-18 01:22:22

I'm not even trying. Last time I read a thread like this was after spinal surgery and I fear my consultant far too much he glares at me for horse riding grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now