Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why would Postie not deliver parcels

(2 Posts)
HouseOfGoldandBones Wed 24-Jan-18 12:45:16

I was sitting in the living room this morning, and heard the Postie put envelopes through the door, so I got up to collect them, and he had put a red "you weren't in" card in too.

So I opened the door, and said I was in, but hadn't heard the doorbell, or him knocking. He didn't acknowledge the comment, but gave me 4 parcels. The doorbell is definitely working.

Why would he chose to not ring the bell, or use the huge knocker on the door? He had a trolley, surely it's easier to just get rid of the parcels rather than to push them around?

amusedbush Wed 24-Jan-18 13:05:56

If they take post back to the office at the end of their shift, they can claim that they didn't have time to deliver it without doing overtime. This will then discourage managers from lapsing duties (where they divvy up rounds and add them to others, essentially giving everyone more work to save on staff costs) as they are not able to complete the extra work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now