Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Has anyone actually had a worse passingers on a bus then I did tonight

(54 Posts)
Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:06:53

Prob totally unreasonable for being annoyed on the bus tonight but DH is on hospital and i am a bit highly strung
Caught the bus tonight and it was quite full as rush hour, but to make the journey even more lovely we had
i have a pram and am I going to ignore the bus driver and try and squeeze it on even thought there is a wheelchair user and another pram she literary ignored the bus driver and just barged on, she said to the person in the wheelchair "can't you move up a bit". She got told by another passenger to stop being ridiculous and she got off in a huff. (Yep I would have said something if the other passinger hadn't) also just for reference this is a 10 minute bus service so not long to wait for the next one.
manspreader sat next to me, I was against the window and he just keep spreading his legs further until i dumped my bag of paperwork on his knee and told him if he is going to give me so little room he might as well hold this. He looked at me like a was the most unreasonable person in the world.
The I have been at the bus stop ages but I do not have my change ready she got on before me and it must have taken her at least 3 minutes to find the change, she was digging in her purse, then her handbag and then her pockets putting in little bits of change each time while laughting and saying "oh I should have been organised" . For gods sake women yes you bloody should
*The I am going to listen to shit music and not wear headphones so the rest of the bus has to hear it*- just why- get some sodding headphones
And then to top it all off a women got on with her two kids, got the I pad out and they started watching Ryan's toy review at full volume
Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh
Can anyone beat me

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 23-Jan-18 22:09:46

I think you still need "8 pints of beer in pub and takeaway kebab on the bus man" to get a Full Hpuse

AuditAngel Tue 23-Jan-18 22:12:26

DS and DH had the Saturday night vomitter before Christmas requiring them to walk the rest of the way as the driver withdrew the bus from service (DH said he had no choice, it was everywhere)

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:13:01

Yep and possibly a creep trying to tough me up as well, though the man spreader was practically on top of me

ArbitraryName Tue 23-Jan-18 22:14:32

Whenever I see one of those stagecoach bus people posters, I always wonder why they’re making a point of advertising the worst bits of public transport.

Who decided that a campaign that draws attention to ‘the talker’ (someone who talks loudly on their mobile phone the whole journey and disturbs everyone else or, worse, insists on talking to you) and ‘the easy-goer’ (kid with headphones on and undoubtedly music that the whole bus can bloody hear whether they want to or not) was a good idea?

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:14:45

Ok AuditAngel you win, at least it got me home, was it far?

BringOnTheScience Tue 23-Jan-18 22:16:01

... and the overly intimate (and noisy) couple on the back seat!

ArbitraryName Tue 23-Jan-18 22:16:41

Sadly they forgot to include ‘the manspreader’, but the video ad does feature a woman with a huge double buggy who near runs people off paths because she’s busy checking her mobile phone. She’d presumably try to force her way into a too busy bus like your example.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Tue 23-Jan-18 22:17:45

A guy in my carriage on the train Saturday projectile vomited all over the four seat table. He was one of a gang of very loud football fans. We were subjected to improvised chants about Gary’s* sick the rest of the way.

*Name changed to protect the vomity

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:18:26

I think the worst was the voice of Ryan shouting "WELCOME TO RYANS TOY REVIEW" as that was the last thing to happen

Mxyzptlk Tue 23-Jan-18 22:18:46

i dumped my bag of paperwork on his knee and told him if he is going to give me so little room he might as well hold this.. grin

Well done!

Draylon Tue 23-Jan-18 22:19:46

I like to think I'm an advocate of public buses, but so often the experience is rendered unbearable by some twat/s who has no idea how to behave in the public domain. Time after time.

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:21:31

Ah yes ArbitraryName I have seen the posters as well and thought WTF.
I forgot people who try and talk to you when you have had a hard day at work and just want to sit in silence. Mind you since learning about the resting bitch face on here and trying my own I notice I don't seem to attract people like that like I used to.

ArbitraryName Tue 23-Jan-18 22:21:45

My memories of getting night buses in Glasgow are of the interesting characters you tend to meet on them.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QmhD_3CWEos

Elllicam Tue 23-Jan-18 22:21:54

That sounds pretty bad. My worst one though was an afternoon bus through Glasgow where a man was sitting at the back cooking some kind of drug on a spoon. Possibly heroin? I’m not terribly sure and he didn’t seem the kind of approachable fellow you could ask.

Elllicam Tue 23-Jan-18 22:22:59

grin cross post Arbitrary nam.

Elllicam Tue 23-Jan-18 22:23:20

Name even.

ArbitraryName Tue 23-Jan-18 22:25:15

Just imagine what it would be like at 3am rather than mid afternoon...

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:25:35

Thanks Mxyzptlk I have not put up with people invading my space since a very bad flight when I had a very sweaty man trying to sit in half my seat and no he was not that big he just wanted more room or had taken a liking to me so kept pushing into me. The last straw was him putting his head on a shoulder. I changed places with DH, funny the man did not do anything like that to him

eastlondoner Tue 23-Jan-18 22:25:52

I always jiggle my leg when a manspreader sits next to me. They universally find it annoying and move their leg so it's no longer touching mine.

Rumbaintheraindrops Tue 23-Jan-18 22:27:50

Also the man on the bus sat meakly with my bag on his knee till I went to get off them he just handed it me back. I said a cheery thankyou

HermionesRightHook Tue 23-Jan-18 22:31:11

@eastlondoner How have I never thought of that?????

I'm a veteran of London commuting on the 25 so I'm pretty sure there's nothing that can phase me now. Even a hotboxed N35. That was a fun journey. See also: any bus travelling through Dalston between 10pm and 4am.

HermionesRightHook Tue 23-Jan-18 22:31:56

@Rumbaintheraindrops I'm pretty sure I want to internet marry you for that.

SuperDuperJezebel Tue 23-Jan-18 22:33:27

Not on a bus, but I was on a flight recently where the guy next to me manspread so much that one of his feet was actually under the seat in front of ME! I had a 10 mo old on my lap and when I asked him politely (but fairly clearly a bit irritated) if he could move his foot so I had some space, he did the "alright love, calm down" hands at me.

Thankyouforthemusic Tue 23-Jan-18 22:33:37

grin wish I'd been there Rumba

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now