Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is any toothpaste actually nice?

(12 Posts)
grumpy4squash Tue 23-Jan-18 20:35:33

GSK (the bastards) have changed the formulation of the Macleans toothpaste I have used for 30 years and now it is disgusting.
I bought some OralB gel and some Colgate in a purple tube. They were even worse and both had a weird texture.
Sensodyne makes me gag.
I'm making do with Aquafresh, but it's not lovely and I don't like the idea of the colourings in the blue and red stripes.
Any suggestions?

ReinettePompadour Tue 23-Jan-18 20:38:32

I'm not sure what you are after but Arm and Hammer tastes ok but not very minty more like baking powder. What sort of taste are you looking for?

Majuna Tue 23-Jan-18 20:40:19

Its Aquafresh for me. One of the Oral B ones is lovely, but I can never remember the name of it. Fresh mint or something!

NannyR Tue 23-Jan-18 20:43:17

I use Morrison's own brand in a green tube. It's just ordinary white toothpaste with a not too strong taste, not expensive either.

Buildalegohouse Tue 23-Jan-18 20:45:58

I love Pearl drops toothpaste. I wanted to eat it by the tube when I was pregnant (I didn’t though blush).

brownelephant Tue 23-Jan-18 20:53:25

lidl own brand basic toothpaste 'ordinary' minty taste. no stripes

Anymajordude Tue 23-Jan-18 21:06:08

I like the Lidl herbal one in the green tube, tastes mildly aniseedy.

grumpy4squash Tue 23-Jan-18 21:17:55

I like minty, the old Macleans was a strong peppermint taste (now spearmint), and a non-grainy texture.

I'm glad of the recommendations smile

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Tue 23-Jan-18 21:21:39

I take it you wouldn't be interested in this tip then grin

longtompot Tue 23-Jan-18 23:02:19

Try and get hold of Mentadent SR (online Chemist Direct sell it). Its the only one my dh likes as its super minty with a low foam.

GreyHare Tue 23-Jan-18 23:12:10

I think it's Colgate Total Healthy Clean that I use, it's minty but not burny, it's smooth and not grainy and is just plain white normal standard toothpaste.

shouldwestayorshouldwego Tue 23-Jan-18 23:15:02

Can't find the Lidl herbal one anymore. I use the dc's oranurse which is no taste no foam which is a little weird but better than mint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now