Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone else find it disconcerting when actors...

(28 Posts)
Graphista Tue 23-Jan-18 20:11:09

...well known for one role pop up in another show in a smaller role?

I'm watching old NCIS and Tim dekay from white collar was in one episode and Patrick Adams from suits in another - just so wrong! grin

Stay in the correct character please!

bluesu Tue 23-Jan-18 20:15:41

Agreed!

Couldn't believe it when Teabag (prison break) turned up in season 2 Chicago PD.

Plus side is I just kneeeeew he was gonna be the bad guy

Balfe Tue 23-Jan-18 20:16:54

Yes, Meredith Grey did NOT go to college with Chandler and Ross grin

DorynownotFloundering Tue 23-Jan-18 20:36:40

Even worse when said actor in smaller role is familiar but it bugs you when you can't remember where the feck you know them from - so your teen has to spend half an hour on IMDB till you find out!

BrutusMcDogface Tue 23-Jan-18 20:37:51

Yes, Meredith Grey did NOT go to college with Chandler and Ross grin

Ooh, I need to see this! Roughly what episode, please?! grin

Graphista Tue 23-Jan-18 21:06:37

Brutus it's "the one where the stripper cries" season 10 Annalise from neighbours in same episode grin

Graphista Tue 23-Jan-18 21:09:06

Dory I LOVE IMDb for solving "where the fuck do I know them from" moments!

I was watching murder she wrote a while back and Megan mulllaly was credited, did NOT spot her all through the episode - she was a key character in the episode it turned out TOTALLY unrecognisable

WheresTheEvidence Tue 23-Jan-18 21:09:17

I got confused with law and order recently as both Carisi and Barber are suspects in law and order despite being proper characters in law and order svu several years later

BrutusMcDogface Tue 23-Jan-18 21:35:02

Oooh, thanks Graph! I remember the episode well! grin will have to rewatch it now!

Graphista Tue 23-Jan-18 21:41:25

Yes law and order murder for using same actors in different roles

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Tue 23-Jan-18 21:48:15

wherestheevidence...Carisi popped up on an old Law and Orider svu as a 'perp' !! Few years down the line, and he's now a cop !!! Half the cast of OITNB have appeared in it as well at some point !!! Very disconcerting! !!

Buildalegohouse Tue 23-Jan-18 22:03:12

Oh I like this. I like playing the connected universe game.

I was thinking about this today actually while watching an old episode of criminal minds in which Lundy from Dexter played a serial killer. I thought oo he hid his past well, that’s why he was so good at profiling killers, because he secretly was one too grin.

Monica and Ross’s Mum in Friends is Lily’s grandmother in How I met your mother. This means that Lily is actually Ross or Monica’s daughter according to connected universes. shock

Andylion Tue 23-Jan-18 22:32:21

Monica and Ross’s Mum in Friends is Lily’s grandmother in How I met your mother. This means that Lily is actually Ross or Monica’s daughter according to connected universes.

She was also Helen Rosenthal from St. Elsewhere, one of the best shows, ever.

UterusUterusGhali Tue 23-Jan-18 22:36:29

Watching GoT was basically 7 seasons of me on IMDB saying "what have they been in".

It's like The Bill for millenials.

ipswichwitch Tue 23-Jan-18 22:44:05

I love a good bit of “what else was that actor in?” Im pretty good at it - DH calls me IMDB on legs 😂
Loads of actors appeared in murder she wrote before they got properly famous, George Clooney being one!

BringOnTheScience Tue 23-Jan-18 22:51:02

Oh yes! Totally distracted during later episodes of Tin Star because WhatsHerFace looked familiar. Took ages to track her down to s1 of Line of Duty. We need "Shazam For Faces".

whiteroseredrose Tue 23-Jan-18 23:00:38

Ha! Don't watch Casualty or Holby City then. They're where old soap actors go to die!

Graphista Tue 23-Jan-18 23:47:35

I was a huge fan of casualty back in the day but it got too soapy and naff!

Murder she wrote and friends have some crackers. I missed "judy" as Lily's mum what episode?

I do have an ahem...very active imagination so I'm constantly coming up with storylines in my head how they can be BOTH characters in different shows - lots of identical twins in my imaginary universe grin

LookImAHooman Wed 24-Jan-18 03:45:25

Bring ‘Shazam for faces’ exists! DH used it the other night and it worked perfectly. No idea which app it is; I’ll try to remember to ask in the morning.

flumpybear Wed 24-Jan-18 03:56:37

In law and order SVU Amanda was also a completely different character prior to becoming Amanda

This happens in Dr Who too, Martha Jones was one of those characters who had an electronic device in her ear re cybernen prior to becoming Martha and Peter capaldi was a Roman in that Pompeii episode

JAPAB Wed 24-Jan-18 04:11:49

I can only remember one instance of this. I found it very strange watching Joaquin Phoenix play an ordinary Joe in the film Signs, when I had several times seen him play the emperor in Gladiator. I can't really explain why.

sashh Wed 24-Jan-18 04:14:05

I quite like it, sometimes. Loved watching Castle when half the cast of Firefly turn up in various episodes.

But then, George Clooney is still Rosanne's line manager for me.

JAPAB Wed 24-Jan-18 05:22:45

Loved watching Castle when half the cast of Firefly turn up in various episodes.

The Walking Dead did similar; for a time it became a reunion show for the cast of The Wire.

dustarr73 Wed 24-Jan-18 08:08:44

Well the best reunion show is TBBT.Most of that cast was in Roseanne.

I love Murder She Wrote,they have some great stars popping up.

But teh best for me was when Colm Meaney popped up in Law and Order.Was so random.

FoofFighter Wed 24-Jan-18 08:37:41

Greys anatomy/scandal/how to get away with murder... all totally incestuous! I hate that Shonda Rimes can't see past her own group of actors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now