Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I was supposed to complete on my house today

(12 Posts)
Doodlebug5 Tue 23-Jan-18 19:57:14

But the builders solicitors involved didn’t apply to the HCA for a document which means we can’t complete. So I’m sat here on the sofa in tears.

Our mortgage runs out today. The builders solicitors have all the funds. They hope to complete tomorrow but It’s going to go wrong I know it.

Added to that my car engine management light has come on.

I just need a sad whinge.

mygrandchildrenrock Tue 23-Jan-18 19:58:57

flowers Fingers (and toes) crossed that all goes well tomorrow and you're on here with a happy update!

Knittedfairies Tue 23-Jan-18 20:00:06

Fingers crossed for you that in 24 hours you'll be sitting on your sofa in your new house with happy tears! it probably happens more often than you'd think.

LittleFeileFooFoo Tue 23-Jan-18 20:00:46

Oh no!
I feel you, our electrical inspector had decided he doesn't like the building inspector so we have had to rewire a bunch of things and now he is saying he had no recollection of having approved the solar system! We couldn't have gotten the REC with the power company without his approving the system!
Fucking idiot!

LittleFeileFooFoo Tue 23-Jan-18 20:02:02

Sorry op, that probably doesn't help. But it does suck whenthe professionals don't do their jobs!

Outbackshack Tue 23-Jan-18 20:02:24

Happened to us 3 days before Christmas. Is just the worst feeling. We managed to get mortgage extended very easily and did complete just after Christmas and now in our forever home. Hope you get it all sorted

HoneyV Tue 23-Jan-18 20:12:18

Doodlebug5 Wed 24-Jan-18 19:08:20

And I’m in.

We finally completed at 5:15 today. We actually moved in at 1pm.

My dad tore shreds off the builders. The house was a mess.

Oh well Indian for dinner and a lot of moving and tidying and putting away!

VanillaSugar Wed 24-Jan-18 19:52:47

Congratulations! Don't let the builders go before you check EVERYTHING!

mygrandchildrenrock Wed 24-Jan-18 20:16:48

See, told you we'd be waiting for a happy update.
Sorry it's been left a mess but at least you're in. How exciting!

Doodlebug5 Wed 24-Jan-18 20:46:30

Vanilla - oh don’t worry my dad tore into the site manager so much they have a five page snagging list to do and they have to have it done by Friday.

CommonGrounds Wed 24-Jan-18 20:52:52

they will meet your costs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now