Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you have photographs of your dc in the house?

(94 Posts)
maplehoney Tue 23-Jan-18 18:16:19

How many, and where? Is it really tacky to have lots of pictures up?

gamerwidow Tue 23-Jan-18 18:17:30

Loads everywhere it might be tacky be DD knows we adore her.

WishUponAStar88 Tue 23-Jan-18 18:17:31

Of course! I’d think it a bit odd if someone with children didn’t have a single photo of their dc in the house tbh

BitchQueen90 Tue 23-Jan-18 18:19:10

Yes, my place is full of photos. Don't care if people think it's "tacky", it's my house so I'll put what I want in it.

DangerousMouse Tue 23-Jan-18 18:19:23

I'm that someone who doesn't have a single picture up! I have albums but have a real irrational dislike of photographs on display. I know I am unusual in that

coffeeforone Tue 23-Jan-18 18:23:52

I don’t have many. Until recently none, but we actually really loved first professional nursery photos so got a couple printed in black and white and put on living room wall ( 3 photos alongside each other in a single frame) - it looks nice

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Tue 23-Jan-18 18:25:08

Yes about 20ish. Between kitchen, living room, hall and one in my bedroom.

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 23-Jan-18 18:25:26

Yes. Lots

Sparklingbrook Tue 23-Jan-18 18:26:02

None. I know what they look like. grin I don't need to see a picture of them to remind me.

I have some small photos up of people who are no longer with us though.

CappuccinoCake Tue 23-Jan-18 18:26:08

I do but only normal sized ones. I personally think the big canvasses are a bit tacky but I wouldn't think any less of someone else for having them!!!

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Tue 23-Jan-18 18:26:09

Yes, we have a 'rogue's gallery' of the kids up from baby photos, school photos, and just cute ones of various stages, all over two walls of the kitchen, in similar frames so it sort of groups them. I love them.

Happies Tue 23-Jan-18 18:26:10

Tons!
I have 10 photos in our living room alone! And more in the hall..... she's only 2!!!!

My mum had no pictures of us up as kids, all the photos shut away in a box.... what's the point!

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 23-Jan-18 18:28:47

28 photos in the living room, some on the shelves in the alcove next to the chimney and a few on the wall. The kids also have photos of them with each other in their rooms.

Strokethefurrywall Tue 23-Jan-18 18:30:29

Loads with more to come. I love photos - we've just had a professional shoot done when my parents were visiting from the UK, so soon we'll have more with them and the DSs which I'll be putting up.

I love walking into homes and seeing pictures on walls, you can really see family stories, events and the likes.

I walked into DH's family home when we first met and there were no pictures of family anywhere, I found it very disconcerting. In my parents house, you can't move for photos.

That1950sMum Tue 23-Jan-18 18:30:32

Loads. Why wouldn't you?

My children are the most beautiful in the world so it's a no brainer!

FuckYouDailyMail Tue 23-Jan-18 18:30:59

Yes loads and we put up ones of our foster children as soon as they come to stay with us too. I think Ive got about 50 photos on the wall in the kitchen blush

MrsHathaway Tue 23-Jan-18 18:31:09

Gosh, all over the place. Some arty, some formal, some informal.

Our own dear Queen has pictures of herself and her family all over every one of her houses so it can't possibly be tacky.

Sparklingbrook Tue 23-Jan-18 18:31:45

Come to think of it my Mum and Dad don't have any photos of me and DB up either. Must be hereditary. grin

WonderLime Tue 23-Jan-18 18:32:13

Only 2 in the living room, but he’s only 6 months old! I have lots of nice memories of me and DP though, so overtime I will end up with more of our DS as we do more things (holidays, parties, outings, etc).

I really don’t like big canvases though. I only have 4x6/5x7” in pretty frames.

thethoughtfox Tue 23-Jan-18 18:32:57

I also don't have pictures up but DD is my phone wallpaper picture.

KenForPM Tue 23-Jan-18 18:35:54

We don’t. There are some framed photos of me and DB on the mantelpiece from when we were little. I have one of me on my first day of school in my room, and there are a couple in my parents’ room, but that’s all.

Jeffjefftyjeff Tue 23-Jan-18 18:35:56

Loads! Just small ones, mainly special occasions or holiday snaps.

My parents didn’t have photos of us kids when I was growing up, and I remember a friend asking me if my parents thought I was ugly 😂

FiddlesticksRiddlesticks Tue 23-Jan-18 18:36:27

None! I seem him everyday. I have lots of photo albums with a squillion photos of DS from the da he was born but none up on the wall. He's just 10 but I don't see the need to see him on a wall.

We also never did the formal official photographers thing either. Both by DSis and SIL have huge framed photos of their kids at various stages from baby yo toddler. Their kids are now aged 8- 15. It's a bit weird now.

We don't buy school photos either. We will at the end of primary school but they cost a fortune, and it would just lie in a drawer.

Sparklingbrook Tue 23-Jan-18 18:39:58

I did have DS1 as my screensaver holding a trophy from a tournament last year. But have changed it to the cat now he's gone to Uni as it makes me sad. blush

happymummy12345 Tue 23-Jan-18 18:40:51

We have some. We also have some wedding pictures up as well. I couldn't not tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now