Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Most unfortunate names

(271 Posts)
FloppyWollop Tue 23-Jan-18 07:35:40

Just found out my husband works with a Chris Peacock (say it out loud). Come onnnnnn surely his parents heard it when they named him?

So it's made me wonder... What's the worst name you have ever heard?

Fluteytootey Tue 23-Jan-18 07:37:32

I was in the doctors last week and the person they called in before me was called Mr Dick Discipline!

IggyAce Tue 23-Jan-18 07:39:14

Missy Pitts

Flomper Tue 23-Jan-18 07:41:08

not really bad but my mum had a friend called Olive Black, who married a guy called Mr Green and changed to his surname for her married name - Olive Green

LittleFryingPan Tue 23-Jan-18 07:42:04

Through work in the textile/fabric industry I met somewhere be called Pollyesther grin

CabernetSauvignyoni Tue 23-Jan-18 07:42:22

I knew a Chris Peacock at school! The rumour always went around that he had a twin called Drew...

helenoftroyville Tue 23-Jan-18 07:43:17

I worked with a 'Miss Clitty' grin funnily enough she didn't keep her maiden name when she married.

StrictlySnow Tue 23-Jan-18 07:44:05

I knew a Stephanie Airey once poor girl got ribbed about it

PiecesOfHate Tue 23-Jan-18 07:44:38

I trained with a woman who had the same first name as second, so she was something like "Lucy Lucy" (but not that!) It was her married name, and she was too traditional not to adopt her DHs surname.
I remember one utter bitch colleague openly laughing at her when she and I were together in placement.

FannyHertz Tue 23-Jan-18 07:48:44

I know a Jackie Jackson and a Patricia Patrick, both their married name.

MummySparkle Tue 23-Jan-18 07:49:26

PiecesofHate I know a Lucy Lucy!

There's a Horace Morris on my mum's village cenotaph. Completely inappropriate, but as kids we all used to internally giggle during the rememberance service blush

Mulberry72 Tue 23-Jan-18 07:53:10

When my DM first started work in the early 60’s she was in the typing pool and regularly had to type letters to an M.D. called Mr. Dickshit.

Apparently it was a French name pronounced Deeshy.

mumonashoestring Tue 23-Jan-18 07:54:07

My parents know a Michael Hunt (usually known as Mike), a Dr De'Ath, and someone whose maiden name was Virginia Tite.

PanPanPanPing Tue 23-Jan-18 07:57:30

Emma Royds. It was her married surname - you would have thought they might have considered double-barrelling?!

1DAD2KIDS Tue 23-Jan-18 07:57:52

My mates ex was Vicki Pallard. She went through her early life with a nice normal name, just like anyone else. Then Little Brittian then hit TV. All of a sudden every time she told people her name no one would take her seriously. Seriously, for example shed book a taxi and it would never arrive because they would think after hearing her name it was a hoax.

itaintmyfault Tue 23-Jan-18 07:59:29

When I used to work in a customer facing role and we had to use customer names. I had a DR D'eath and a Mr Kuntz.

MrsAndyDayTheFirst Tue 23-Jan-18 08:01:43

I had a very lovely Serbian doctor called Dr Ars.

MiriAmmerman Tue 23-Jan-18 08:05:05

I went to secondary school with a Jenna Taylor - it was fine until about year 10 when we all realised grin

My DM also had a work colleague who had to be dissuaded from calling her son Isaac Cox. She hadn't got it at all - someone had a word and she thankfully decided to go for Ewan.

DW knew an Edward Case at college - apparently his parents spent their lives trying to enforce the nickname Woody.

MeetMeInMontauk Tue 23-Jan-18 08:06:01

Have encountered a few ladies named Candida, and always felt sorry for them.

Zhabr Tue 23-Jan-18 08:07:22

not very rare female Russian surname is written in Latin alphabet as Vagina. The lady I knew was fortunate enough to work in a company with some Engilsh and American collegues and they all have been having a lot of fun. Also knew a man with the surname Shitov.

Gladisgood Tue 23-Jan-18 08:07:58

I knew a Theresa Green ( maiden name)

I always think that Samantha Womack/Janus 's parents must have been on something when they named her brother Hugh Janus.

I know they pronounce their surname as Jann- uss

But most people pronounce it to rhyme with anus.

I think he has changed his name now. grin

MazDazzle Tue 23-Jan-18 08:10:01

There are two brothers who live in the next down, Anthony and Peter Ness.

A. Ness and P. Ness. blush They got an awful time at school because of it.

MazDazzle Tue 23-Jan-18 08:11:19

Oh, and I know a woman whose maiden name was Twatt, and she married a Cox.

HippyChickMama Tue 23-Jan-18 08:12:39

This is very outing but I went to an agricultural college and the woodwork lecturer was called Trevor Wardrobe 😂

SuperBeagle Tue 23-Jan-18 08:14:06

The councillor at my high school was Philippa Condon.

Her married name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now